forum

What is streaming?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho
So, I was not sure where to put this thread. I decided to put it here though because it was not really a problem so I decided against putting it I the "Help" forum. But if you think it belongs somewhere else then please let me know! :)

Anyway, getting to the point.
When I started playing osu! I found out that I was really bad at Std and decide to play CtB instead. It was fun and easy and I played it a lot and got pretty good!
Later though, I decided to try and learn how to play other modes. So I started playing mania and taiko. I was not very good though and getting a C was even a struggle unless it was a 1* map. But I could at least beat a map even with a bad score.
The thing about Std was that I couldn't even beat a map.
I am now in the process of learning how to improve. But a lot of Osu! videos I watch mention something called streaming.
I'm not really interested in doing it because it seems hard and like I said, I'm still trying to get good at Std. But I didn't know what it was and am kinda curious about what exactly it is.
Also don't make fun of meh. I only started osu! a week ago ok? XD
I Give Up
Welcome o:

Streams are basically a series of notes that you rapidly tap or click by alternating 2 buttons. There are many kinds of variations you might come across after a couple years of experience, like deathstreams (100 notes), hanzers/disconnected streams, spaced streams, streamstacks, etc. all this jargon will be explained as you progress. Good luck 👍
7ambda
That shit that looks like a river.

Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

KukiMonster wrote:

Welcome o:

Streams are basically a series of notes that you rapidly tap or click by alternating 2 buttons. There are many kinds of variations you might come across after a couple years of experience, like deathstreams (100 notes), hanzers/disconnected streams, spaced streams, streamstacks, etc. all this jargon will be explained as you progress. Good luck 👍
Thank you! :D
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

F1r3tar wrote:

That shit that looks like a river.

That looks scary OoO
Hiro-Senpai
Well not every stream is that long ^^
Such streams appear usually only on the higher difficulty maps
kai99
streams are super fun.
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

kai99 wrote:

streams are super fun.
then ill have to try it when I get better at Std ^^
Hibiya-chan

kai99 wrote:

streams are super fun.
meanwhile my nightmare
Rin_Chan_old_1

kai99 wrote:

streams are super fun.
streams is nightmare :cry:
Realmas
Hi !
Just to say, I saw you posting a lot here, so I just wanted to tell you something : each time you say that you're extremly bad at Std, but mate, after 15 minutes of playing, EVERYBODY is extremly bad. So don't think that you will never be able to play it, just try, after like at least 5 hours of playing a mode, you could say that you just discovered it. ^^
And don't worry for streams, you shouldn't play maps with them after a good amount of time. (idk, like 50 hours if you progress really fast).
Good luck and enjoy :D
kai99

Rin_Chan wrote:

kai99 wrote:

streams are super fun.
streams is nightmare :cry:
once it gets long and fast, yes. for me as of now, i'm enjoying the heck outta streams.
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Realmas wrote:

Hi !
Just to say, I saw you posting a lot here, so I just wanted to tell you something : each time you say that you're extremly bad at Std, but mate, after 15 minutes of playing, EVERYBODY is extremly bad. So don't think that you will never be able to play it, just try, after like at least 5 hours of playing a mode, you could say that you just discovered it. ^^
And don't worry for streams, you shouldn't play maps with them after a good amount of time. (idk, like 50 hours if you progress really fast).
Good luck and enjoy :D
Thanks ^^ I'm practicing and I've been playing for a few hours and now I can get C on some.
Cear
tfw everyone is calling streams nightmares and yet they're my favorite thing in this game
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

[ Reol ] wrote:

tfw everyone is calling streams nightmares and yet they're my favorite thing in this game
I actually just played a map with some streaming. it was pretty fun but I think I was only able to do it because I was REALLY familiar with the song before I even played osu!
WavePoint
Streaming looks nice.