forum

OCWT 9 [Group Stage]

posted
Total Posts

Should there be a TB point when there's a tie in group stage?

Yes
88.31%
No
11.69%
Total votes: 445
Topic Starter
Prophet

Notice: Registration Closed, you can still change your roster before 4am 4/30 UTC. Currently the top 22 teams goes to the main event directly, while 23-34 will have a qualifier.
The 9th installment of OCWT is scheduled to begin the first weekend of May 2016 (Group stage to happen May 5th and 6th). Sign-ups are open as of today, and to close ONE week (Apr.30th) prior to the beginning of the tournament. Notice you can still register when there are already 24 groups.

Discord | Spreadsheet | Stream

1.All nationalities are welcome.
2.When you sign up for your team, please be sure to include, in your reply to the forum thread, the entire roster of your team while indicating the captain and the teammates. You must also provide a team name and your preferred time slot for the matches (in UTC form). You will be at your own risk if there is a hugh differece in time zone among your team.
3.Captains need to join the Discord channel for detailed information and a quick reschedule.
4.This will be a 4-on-4 tournament, with each team consisting a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 8.
5.The highest number of teams to be accepted is 22+12. Once the cap is reached, we will take the "top" 34 teams.
6.The "top" teams are based on their average pp of the 6 highest rank players of each team.
7.We will disqualify all applications from multi-accounts. Please sign up using ONLY one account, which is your main account. No hacks/3rd-party bots are allowed during the match. Violators will be disqualified from the tournament and banned from competing in future OCWT series.

April 30th: Registration closed and group drawing
May 5-7th: Qualifiers, First part of group stage
May 12-14th: Second part of group stage
May 19-21st: Round of 16: 1-8 on the table
May 26-28th: Quarter Finals: 9-14 16 17 on the table
June 2-4th: Semi Finals: 15 18 19 20 on the table
June 9-11th: Final/Grand final: 21 22 on the table

1. The matches are: osu! Standard,4v4,team vs,Score v1
2. All match schedules will be announced prior to the match date. If you have to re-schedule, approach the other team and work it out, then report to the tournament staff. The rescheduled time must NOT be later than the Sunday of that week, 21:00 (UTC-7). All teams are expected to be punctual. Late teams will be given a 15-minute grace period. All teams that fail to show up (having a minimum of 4 players in-room) after the grace period ends are put as absent. Additionally, if you are late, your team will be deprived of the right to pick warm-up maps.
3. There will be a special veto rule for the tournament: each game is divided by two phases. In Phase.1, every team ban a map and then pick a map; in Phase.2, every team ban additional 1 map (group stage) or 2 maps (knockout stage) and then pick maps in turn until one team wins or a tiebreaker is performed when there's a tie. In knock-out stages, you can not ban 3 maps from the same bracket except Nomod and FroceMod.
4. The time limit for each map selection is 2 minutes, and players are then allowed up to 5 minutes for adjusting the playing roster. The referee may use the timer function to remind the players. When connectivity issues arise, we may consider each case on an ad hoc basis.
5. Each team is allowed up to 1 rematch due to disconnection per match, given that the disconnected player disconnects early in the map. When this happens, the remaining players MUST continue to play normally. However the referee will abort and restart when a player disconnect before the map actually starts.
5.1. A decision for rematch is made by the staff, upon reviewing the case on the spot. Should the disadvantaged side (one with the disconnection) face a situation where the disconnected player, upon holding his combo until the end, CAN turn the tides, a rematch opportunity may be given.
6. Group stage warm up maps are not to exceed 4 minutes in length. The referee may consider each case on the spot, but a hard ceiling is 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
7. Should a player remain failed by the end of a map, his score WILL be counted towards the final score (i.e. NOT nullified). However, should a team encounter a team fail, the entire team's score is nullified and the opposing side will take the point.
8. Each round's mappool is to be released within 24 hours of the previous round's conclusion. Details are to be updated on the main thread.
9. If a player decides to stream, he/she must bear the responsibility of not leaking the multiplayer room password.

1. The tournament is divided into Qualifiers (new), Group Stage and Elimination Stage.
1.5. The teams above the "pp gap" (currently 22 teams) will advance to group stage directly, while 23-34 go to the qualifier in which two teams (We will have a live draw of the qualifier) compete for one slot in the group stage.
2. Each group contains 7 teams and will play Best-of-7 (Bo7, 4-to-win) games.
2.1. Top 2 teams in each group will enter the winner's bracket of Elimination Stage.
2.2. The 3rd to 6th teams will enter the loser's bracket of Elimination Stage.
2.3. The 7th team will be eliminated.
2.4 Matches won>TB number (see poll)>Net games won>win-loss relations>games won
2.5. Should the outcome still be undecided, a rematch will be held.
3. Eliminations Stage will be “incomplete” double-eliminations, which means the grand final would only be played once, no matter which team wins. Round of 8 and Semi-Finals will see Bo9 matches. Finals and Grand Finals will see Bo11 matches.
4. A livestreamed drawing will be held prior to the start of the Group Stage.

1. Group stage will see in each mappool 5 No-mod, 3 Hardrock, 3 Hidden, 3 Double Time, 2 Forced Mod, and 1 Tie-Breaker map.
2. Round of 16 to Semi-Finals will see in each mappool 5 No-mod, 3 Hardrock, 3 Hidden, 4 Double Time, 3 Forced Mod, and 1 Tie-Breaker map.
3. Finals will see mappools consisting 6 No-mod, 4 Hardrock, 4 Hidden, 4 Double Time, 3 Forced Mod, and 1 Tie-Breaker map.
4. Forced Mod maps require ALL players to play on a mod, and must include 1 Hardrock and 1 Hidden.
4.1. Should a player choose to play both Hidden and Hardrock at the same time, the team is seen as having satisfied this requirement.
4.2. Players may choose to play HR/HD/HDHR/EZ/EZHD, but EZ mod is not considered as HD or HR for the "must include 1 Hardrock and 1 Hidden" requirement.
5. Players may add Hidden or Hardrock modification to the maps in the Nomod(or Tie-Breaker) pool if they want to.

1st place
a winner tag (pending) and 2 months of supporter

2nd place
2 months of supporter

3rd place
1 month of supporter
Doma Umaru
First reply :roll:
masihn
Troyable
UTC-4

I don't have any teammate so if anyone is interested in joining forces, pm me! :D
-Visceral-
Smoothie World (captain)
Seouless
Aireu
FunOrange
Sheba
W3SON
warrock
karalis

Name: tablet is ok I guess
Time zone: UTC+0
Gordon
[Soul]
UTC-4(5) - Eastern

None of my buds are responding to me so just thought I'd post here.
I'm comfortable with NoMod and DT. I'm working on HD but really struggle with HR. If you can find a place for me that would be great if not I'll hopefully gather enough friends to play with. PM me if I can help out.
Syph
Syph (captain)
Gumi Rin
BlueFlame
Pein
Lazer
Enhu
Tryaway
Hikaru Rose

Name: Flatbase
Time zone: UTC+2
LanJay
LanJay (captain)
Lirufication
Jolene
_Xancos_
Elegant Loli
ExSpringWind
Circular
Dame Dame Desu

Name: Airman SS Never
Time zone: UTC+8
Corim
- hardrockhero (Captain)
- Aoiyuuki-
- ChronoNig
- DigitalHypno
- zelda101
- jms8719
- Megatron is bad
- Shana-

Team name: uncompressed biting of a raging chronos dog
Time zone: UTC-7
tokaku

LanJay wrote:

LanJay (captain)
Lirufication
tokaku
_Xancos_
Elegant Loli
ExSpringWind
Circular
Dame Dame Desu

Name: Airman SS Never
Time zone: UTC+8
THAT NAME

WHY
Crystal

Prophet wrote:

4.2. Players may choose to play HR/HD/HDHR/EZ/EZHD, but EZ mod is not considered as HD or HR for the "must include 1 Hardrock and 1 Hidden" requirement.
does EZHD player count as the one having HD on?
allowing EZ in tournament looks interesting :D
MyWaifuChino
seems good.....
if you like to teamup with me....
let's go then
Nyanaro
Nyanaro (captain)
Riviclia
MillhioreF
Maxe191
exc
Haganenno
FGSky
Mafham

Name: lett-modifikasjonen
Preferred time zone: UTC+4
SeventhEdeN
Seventheden(captain)
Kyuuri
TwT
Hentomi
dansunny11
Orihara Mairu
5231_kinoko
rinkon

Name: wtmshebao
Preferred time zone: UTC+8
Topic Starter
Prophet

Crystal wrote:

Prophet wrote:

does EZHD player count as the one having HD on?
allowing EZ in tournament looks interesting :D
Of course.
But notice EZ is only allowed in ForceMod, people still can't use EZ on Nomod/Tiebreaker
Bubbleman
Bubbleman (captain)
bahamete
-GN
Dustice
Firstus
ThePooN
Musty
Rafis

Name: NoModNoProblems
Time zone: UTC+2
Impel