forum

Osu! For Windows 7 64-bit version [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kikumiku_old
I've been searching all over the forums and the same issue keeps coming up.
Osu! cannot be downloaded/installed on Windows 7 64-bit versions.
I've never had Osu downloaded, and have never played it, and finally that I got a new laptop, I decided that I should download it. I've tried the download multiple times, and everytime I 've tried it stopped at 4.0 mb. So I downloaded it from another site, and I had everything in, but when I tried to run Osu, it said that the file was not supported by my system. I looked around, and found many other people with win7 64bit had the same thing happen to them.
The solution to that was just to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, but even then most of these people did not get any results, and ended up just giving up on Osu.

I believe that maybe a new version of Osu should be developed, or found, that can be installed and run stably on win7 64bit. Maybe this should have been posted on the help forum, but I think it fits better here. Osu should be developed so that all of us that have this sort of system can download, install, and play it, and not have to give up midway because of so many complications.
Outrunner
I have Win 7 x64 and it works for me no problem.
Piotrekol

Outrunner wrote:

same
i installed osu after i installed drivers and antivirus on clean win 7 home x64 and it worked fine.
Sakura

Outrunner wrote:

^
same for me
Nikuyuga

Piotrekol wrote:

Outrunner wrote:

same
i installed osu after i installed drivers and antivirus on clean win 7 home x64 and it worked fine.

This.
Ijah_old
Worked for me too, no idea what could be at fault here really.
sotodefonk
Never had a problem running osu! on Win7 64 bits.

Can you give more details about your win7 version? starter? language? try to download the installer from this web page, if it keeps breaking try another PC and copy it over yours with an USB.

NET framework is not needed because its already included with Win7.
Daru
Same here.

Had osu! on Vista x64 and upgraded to Win7 x64 with no problem.
RemmyX25
Screenshots, system specs, and the actual error usually helps in deducting what the exact problem is.

That being said, I can't replicate your problem, as I (as well as several other people in this thread) run osu! on Windows 7 64bit systems without problem.
moneybagzkd
I run osu! on two 64bit win7 desktops and one 64 bit win7 laptop and no problem :)
qlum
The fact that it doesn't download has nothing to do with your os being 64 bit end of story besides for games 64bit windows runs everything 32bit windows does.
You could try downloading it on another computer or if you want to I am sure someone is willing to post a the file mirrored on mediafire or something like that if you want.
side note doesn't this belong in help and support.
Zhanger_old

qlum wrote:

The fact that it doesn't download has nothing to do with your os being 64 bit end of story besides for games 64bit windows runs everything 32bit windows does.
You could try downloading it on another computer or if you want to I am sure someone is willing to post a the file mirrored on mediafire or something like that if you want.
side note doesn't this belong in help and support.
This, why would the problem be osu! if it stops downloading at 4 MB? More likely a network issue.
J U D G E
Works perfectly for me.
nanashiRei
At first my osu! did keep crashing, too. But i solved it by running the updater (osume.exe) manually. Maybe try that.
Xact
Win7 x64 here..works just fine. Make sure everything is up to date on your system..
yulianto16
this is happen to me when i try to install osu! on my win 7 64-bit version
Oinari-sama
Have you tried re-downloading? Maybe the installer is corrupt?

Make sure you delete the installer and clear browser cache before you re-download. Sometimes if a file already exist it doesn't really overwrite even if you tell it to.

EDIT: And make sure you got .Net Framework 2.0 installed.
yulianto16

Oinari-sama wrote:

Make sure you delete the installer and clear browser cache before you re-download. Sometimes if a file already exist it doesn't really overwrite even if you tell it to.

idk, i tried delete the installer and clear browser cache before i re-download it, and i'm already got net framework 2.0 installed but it still didn't work. i wonder why?
RiTiZEN

yulianto16 wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

idk, i tried delete the installer and clear browser cache before i re-download it, and i'm already got net framework 2.0 installed but it still didn't work. i wonder why?
1. Windows Installer problem ?.?
If your OS is Win7 SP1, must not have this problem, because are using Windows Installer 4.5.

2. If .NET Framework 2.0 not worked, try to install 4.0 ? Maybe can solve the problem.

(3. UAC - -?)
Piotrekol
just install osu! using this updater:
http://osu.ppy.sh/release/osume.exe
place this file where you want osu! to be installed and run it
RiTiZEN

Piotrekol wrote:

The updater will DL the entire (osu) game until it detect you have not some or all osu file.
yulianto16

Piotrekol wrote:

it works! thanks guys :D
akacchinett
i can download it, BUT IT'S ALWAYS CRASH WHENEVER THE 'WELCOME' WAS SHOWN
noga124
ami me aparese OSU CRASHED
por que me aparese esto no puedo jugar en mi pc
rogerdri
In my notebook i have problem with fps and ms, i no have idea what is hapenning, plis help me, my window is window 7 ultimate 64bitsq