forum

[Archived] Scores keep disappearing! PLEASE HELP!!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho
Problem Details:
Hello there!!!
So I have this problem that has been happening to me since I first started playing osu! and it's really annoying.
I have around 200 maps and play osu! everyday and so I get a lot of scores.
Now the first time this had happened I noticed that my scores were gone. The scores were still on the local ranks but the "SS" "S" "A" and so on ranks that appear next to the map were gone. They had been there the day before but had disappeared a day after
This use to happen after a day or so, but now it happens more often.
One thing I noticed is it usually happens a few hours after I play a multi-player match,(I know scores from multi don't save but the scores that are disappearing are scores I got on my own) but I don't play multi everyday so I doubt that is causing it.
This is also something that happens only with unranked maps since all the scores from ranked maps are still there.
Since I play osu! very often this problem is very annoying and makes me feel like I am playing for nothing.
I tried to contact osu! but I was told to post my issue here.
I have googled it and have found no answers.
I have also posted this thread a while ago and have not received any answers.
So if you can help then PLEASE DO.
I really want to solve this issue as soon as I can!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I don't have any.

osu! version: 20170404.2 (latest)
I have the latest
Adorn
Are your scores showing on the local ranks?
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Flannel wrote:

Are your scores showing on the local ranks?
Yeah, they just are not there next to the map. they are there for a while but then just disappear
Adorn
When you go to global rankings, do you have a personal best score?
Also, are the maps you playing ranked? I'm trying to find stuff around about this but there are a lot of possibilities so I need more details lol.
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Flannel wrote:

Also, are the maps you playing ranked? I'm trying to find stuff around about this but there are a lot of possibilities so I need more details lol.
oh XD
Yeah I have a personal best on the maps that are ranked. but a lot of the maps I play are not ranked.
And not all the maps I play lose the scores. it seems tat the maps that are ranked do not lose their scores.
the only thing missing I the "A' "S" and so on score that appear next to the map
Adorn

Alexis-Vargas wrote:

Flannel wrote:

oh XD
Yeah I have a personal best on the maps that are ranked. but a lot of the maps I play are not ranked.
And not all the maps I play lose the scores. it seems tat the maps that are ranked do not lose their scores.
the only thing missing I the "A' "S" and so on score that appear next to the map
When an unranked map is updated, the local scores are wiped but I don't know if that could be the case since you said the local scores are there for the unranked ones? Are they still gone after restarting osu!?
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Flannel wrote:

When an unranked map is updated, the local scores are wiped but I don't know if that could be the case since you said the local scores are there for the unranked ones? Are they still gone after restarting osu!?
Usually it is when I restart Osu! that the score is gone. I'm not even sure if the score is gone. I think its just the A, S, B, C, D and SS ranks that are not showing up. But one thing I noticed is that It only happens with certain maps because sometimes only certain A, B, C ect. ranks are gone and after a few more days all the scores on all the maps except the ranked maps are gone
Adorn

Alexis-Vargas wrote:

Flannel wrote:

Usually it is when I restart Osu! that the score is gone. I'm not even sure if the score is gone. I think its just the A, S, B, C, D and SS ranks that are not showing up. But one thing I noticed is that It only happens with certain maps because sometimes only certain A, B, C ect. ranks are gone and after a few more days all the scores on all the maps except the ranked maps are gone
Can you maybe link some of the maps that this has happened to you on?
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho
But I have a lot of maps
Blackheart
osu! wants to display the global rank there, but it falls back to a local rank when it still remembers it and the global rank doesn't exist. In my experience it forgets local ranks when exiting the game, but I'm not totally sure that it doesn't happen more frequent.

All the maps that you posted are unranked. For unranked maps, there exists no global rank. So, unless when it still remembers a local rank (i.e. when you played the map in the same session), it won't display anything.

Some details might not be quite exact here, but I'm very confident in the general idea of this explanation.
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Blackheart wrote:

osu! wants to display the global rank there, but it falls back to a local rank when it still remembers it and the global rank doesn't exist. In my experience it forgets local ranks when exiting the game, but I'm not totally sure that it doesn't happen more frequent.

All the maps that you posted are unranked. For unranked maps, there exists no global rank. So, unless when it still remembers a local rank (i.e. when you played the map in the same session), it won't display anything.

Some details might not be quite exact here, but I'm very confident in the general idea of this explanation.
I see.
But is that for the ones next to the map as well? because the local ranks are always there, the one disappearing Is the one that is like right next to the title of the map.
Full Tablet
Make sure you set the game mode in the song selection screen to the game mode you are playing, that way the grade letter is always saved in the beatmap database correctly.

If that is not the cause, the local beatmap database could have got corrupted for some reason. For maps that have a global ranking, they should recover their grade letters if you let the game client idle for some time.
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Full Tablet wrote:

Make sure you set the game mode in the song selection screen to the game mode you are playing, that way the grade letter is always saved in the beatmap database correctly.

If that is not the cause, the local beatmap database could have got corrupted for some reason. For maps that have a global ranking, they should recover their grade letters if you let the game client idle for some time.
Well its seems that my scores are there
Its just the ss, s, a and so on ranks that keep disappearing.
Blackheart

Alexis-Vargas wrote:

But is that for the ones next to the map as well? because the local ranks are always there, the one disappearing Is the one that is like right next to the title of the map.

Yeah, the one directly next to the map is exactly what I mean - the one on the right. The local rankings are still stored in the left list, but the right forgets them.

Global rankings on the other hand are recovered even on the right (and I think even between different systems).
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Blackheart wrote:

Alexis-Vargas wrote:

Yeah, the one directly next to the map is exactly what I mean - the one on the right. The local rankings are still stored in the left list, but the right forgets them.

Global rankings on the other hand are recovered even on the right (and I think even between different systems).
ah I see.
is there anyway to prevent this from happening/
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Blackheart wrote:

Alexis-Vargas wrote:

oh ok.
is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Full Tablet
It is probably your local beatmap database (the "osu!.db" file in the game directory) getting corrupted.

Several things could make this happen:
  1. Make sure you always close the game client with the exit button in the main menu, or by pressing Alt+F4.
  2. Sometimes, the database gets corrupted when you delete beatmaps from you beatmap list.
  3. It might be caused by some third part application (for example, antivirus software) that causes the game client to fail writing the database file when exiting, before the game process is closed.
Topic Starter
Sister Kosho

Full Tablet wrote:

It is probably your local beatmap database (the "osu!.db" file in the game directory) getting corrupted.

Several things could make this happen:
  1. Make sure you always close the game client with the exit button in the main menu, or by pressing Alt+F4.
  2. Sometimes, the database gets corrupted when you delete beatmaps from you beatmap list.
  3. It might be caused by some third part application (for example, antivirus software) that causes the game client to fail writing the database file when exiting, before the game process is closed.
oh I see.
Well as of right now I don't have any antivirus software, but il try and always close osu! by pressing the exit button and ill try not deleting beatmaps to much.