1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on September 27, 2017 at 7:09:37 AM

Artist: yuki.
Title: forget you
Tags: osu!artist
BPM: 182
Filesize: 4797kb
Play Time: 02:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (2.11 stars, 335 notes)
  2. Inner Oni (5.38 stars, 1142 notes)
  3. Kantan (1.46 stars, 186 notes)
  4. Muzukashii (3.17 stars, 571 notes)
  5. Oni (4.36 stars, 938 notes)


Download: yuki. - forget you
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
No ranked maps from yuki. There's too few yuki. and an overall lack of ranked maps of osu! artists, so let's aim to change that (definitely has gotten better but we can always do better :>).

MODS: 404 AccNotFound (minor tweaks to Inner Oni)
davidminh0111 (minor tweaks to Oni)
frukoyurdakul (unsnapped notes noticed, one tweak to Muzukashii and minor tweaks to Inner Oni, major tweaks to Oni)
JessiChan (minor tweaks to Futsuu, one tweak to Inner Oni, major tweaks to Kantan)
Delta Airlines (minor tweaks to Muzukashii, a help in revamping sections in Futsuu)
Karee Pan (minor tweaks to all but Inner Oni)
Taikocracy (major tweaks to Inner Oni)
Ellyu (one tweak to Muzukashii, minor tweaks to Inner Oni)
Nepuri (extreme alterations to all difficulties in the mapset to help fit a better spread!)
lilligantEX (minor fixes and tweaks to Muzukashii)
xfraczynho (snapping/SV fixes, minor tweaks to Futsuu, Muzukashii, and Oni)
UniqueBlock11 (minor tweaks to Futsuu and Oni)

Revivals: 9/25/17 - Minor note changes to Inner Oni
posted
( ´ ▽ ` )?ツ hi~
1 diff m4m from my queue~
im a noob modder, so please just refer this modding xD


[ General ]

d = don
k = kat
D = Big don
K = Bog kat

Slider Speed must be 1.40 in taiko mod!!



[ Inner Oni ]

00:11:201 (35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43) - need more k imo.

00:30:239 (217) - big drum sound is here so that can't ignore.

00:44:662 (335,336,337) - kkd?

00:49:690 (380) - how to move to 00:49:855

00:55:377 (428) ~ 01:05:926 (508) - i felt little board at here while testplaying. just my feeling x) um put some synth melody?

01:30:239 (6,7,8,9,10) - Suddenly change a little beat, and no pattern change. how about fill this stream with circles that follow melody?

01:46:805 (127) - if you like to use SV, more and more slow from here?



that's all.
pretty nice map xD
Good luck~
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

404 AccNotFound wrote:

( ´ ▽ ` )?ツ hi~
1 diff m4m from my queue~
im a noob modder, so please just refer this modding xD


[ General ]

d = don
k = kat
D = Big don
K = Bog kat

Slider Speed must be 1.40 in taiko mod!! It already is? Ctrl+Shift+A bringing up the AiMod sometimes for no real reason changes the Slider Speed, perhaps that's what happened?



[ Inner Oni ]

00:11:201 (35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43) - need more k imo. Not a lot of k, but 35 is now a k.

00:30:239 (217) - big drum sound is here so that can't ignore. This goes against my buildup that I'm creating up to the stream. I might consider changing it if it gets brought up enough.

00:44:662 (335,336,337) - kkd? You might notice that this sound has been equated to k, so having that note end on a d makes no sense.
Staying the way it is.


00:49:690 (380) - how to move to 00:49:855 Not a bad suggestion, in fact it's pretty good. However, this is not how I decided to map this section, and rather I believe the two d by themselves work to emphasize these sounds enough.

00:55:377 (428) ~ 01:05:926 (508) - i felt little board at here while testplaying. just my feeling x) um put some synth melody? The problem with this suggestion is that I'm not aiming to follow the melody right after that intense section. This is meant to be more of a cooldown with a small lead up to the finisher at the end. I might consider changing again if more people bring this up in post.

01:30:239 (6,7,8,9,10) - Suddenly change a little beat, and no pattern change. how about fill this stream with circles that follow melody? I don't think a stream would work very well here, but I agree that there should be more notes here. Added some notes to make this section feel less awkward.

01:46:805 (127) - if you like to use SV, more and more slow from here? Doesn't deserve slow SV?



that's all.
pretty nice map xD
Good luck~
Thanks much for the mod!
posted
Hello from my queue:
I'm just go through 2 difficulties because I'm not lazy
[General]
Make the title in capital, looks weird if you don't put caps

[Muzukashii]
00:22:739 and 00:22:987 : Swap d and k to fit the pitch
00:31:146: Change to k, too many red on this flow and doesn't fit the pitch
00:35:102: Change to d, same as a reason above: doesn't fit the pitch (Slow down the song and you'll understand)
00:37:739: ^
00:40:377: ^

The others are okay, good now

[Oni]
00:38:893:Change to d, it fits the pitch
00:46:311: ddd, to fit the pitch
01:02:465: Add d to follow the rhythm
01:03:783: ^

Sorry for short mod, i luv ur beatmap
good luck on ranking
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

davidminh0111 wrote:

Hello from my queue:
I'm just go through 2 difficulties because I'm not lazy
[General]
Make the title in capital, looks weird if you don't put caps Sorry! The actual title of the song including capitalization.

[Muzukashii]
00:22:739 and 00:22:987 : Swap d and k to fit the pitch The pattern thus far is the second instance is inverted, and changing this stops that.
00:31:146: Change to k, too many red on this flow and doesn't fit the pitch It doesn't fit the pitch, but it does achieve the buildup I'm conveying in this section.
00:35:102: Change to d, same as a reason above: doesn't fit the pitch (Slow down the song and you'll understand) Not necessarily meant to match the pitch here. This sound effect is mapped this way throughout the whole section, and it works for what it is.
00:37:739: ^ ^
00:40:377: ^ ^

The others are okay, good now

[Oni]
00:38:893:Change to d, it fits the pitch It's more comfortable to play it this way, the k d k feels more natural after kkkdddk compared to d d k after kkkdddd.
00:46:311: ddd, to fit the pitch The triple k to this pattern has been assigned to these sound effects during the rest of this section, don't think it needs to be changed now.
01:02:465: Add d to follow the rhythm I think if we want to establish a pattern that can be used in the latter part of this section, a d can be added to the earlier gap, but not this one.
01:03:783: ^ And then to finish that pattern, this will be fully added.

Sorry for short mod, i luv ur beatmap
good luck on ranking
Thanks much for the mod, thanks much for enjoying the map!
posted
Hello from my modding queue.

[General]

02:08:811 - The kiai change is too fast here. Closing kiai for only one beat is not good in my opinion. I suggest removing it.

Also, open aiMod on all diffs, on some of them you have unsnapped notes.

[Inner Oni]

00:35:102 (261,262) - These 2 keyboard ( ? ) sounds are the same, and yet you mapped it as dk. Try dd, it'll fit more.

00:49:773 (381,382) - How about changing these 2 to kat due to the snare sound and 00:50:020 - adding a kat here? With that way you can follow drums better since there are no other sounds on them.

00:52:080 (399,400,401) - Removing finishers on that spot is a good idea. Additionally, 00:51:998 - 00:52:245 - 00:52:492 - you can add don to these spots. It sounds much better in my opinion.

00:54:717 (425,426) - Instead of d d, i recommend kdk (1/4).

01:06:585 - Starting from here, you can change these patterns' (dkddd - dkkdd and so on) last notes to kat (dkddk - dkkdk and so on) to follow the snare sound.

01:47:465 (140,141) - Mentioned in 00:54:717

02:29:992 (467,468,469,470) - kkkk sounds better here, like you did in Oni diff.

02:30:322 - Personal preference, but I'd add a silent spinner to the end.

[Oni]

00:38:481 (245,247) - For me, kdkkddk is easier instead of kkkdddk, so I can suggest a ctrl + g here. It sounds better too.

00:43:344 - Unneccessary inherited point here.

00:49:030 (306,308) - Same suggestion on 00:38:481

00:53:563 (339,340) - Ctrl + g to create similiar patterns if you apply other suggestions.

01:15:651 - This section is blank in Inner Oni. Either you can delete these notes on Oni diff or add notes on Inner Oni to keep consistency between other diffs.

01:44:168 - You can make the SV change on next note like you did on 01:43:014 - this one.

01:47:465 (105,106) - How about a kdd or kkd here? They sound better.

[Muzukashii]

01:16:146 (353) - Same suggestion mentioned in Oni.

01:28:344 (2) - Kat here, due to Oni and Inner Oni.

01:30:981 (4) - ^

01:31:640 (5) - You can delete this note, or put another note on Oni diff.

02:29:992 (284,285,286) - kkk sounds better for ending.

[Futsuu]

Good enough.

[Kantan]

Also good enough.

Hope this helps, good luck on the ranking way! :^)
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

frukoyurdakul wrote:

Hello from my modding queue.

[General]

02:08:811 - The kiai change is too fast here. Closing kiai for only one beat is not good in my opinion. I suggest removing it. Not a physical problem as far as I can see, I'll definitely change it if it's brought up again though.

Also, open aiMod on all diffs, on some of them you have unsnapped notes. Oh beans, thanks for telling me. Re-snapped.

[Inner Oni]

00:35:102 (261,262) - These 2 keyboard ( ? ) sounds are the same, and yet you mapped it as dk. Try dd, it'll fit more. I disagree here,
this entire section's gimmick was with how differently the kats were arranged in this section compared to elsewhere, and there's nothing inherently wrong with this mapping either.


00:49:773 (381,382) - How about changing these 2 to kat due to the snare sound and 00:50:020 - adding a kat here? With that way you can follow drums better since there are no other sounds on them. k doesn't fit too well here from a gamplay perspective, and adding a note won't help with that.

00:52:080 (399,400,401) - Removing finishers on that spot is a good idea. Additionally, 00:51:998 - 00:52:245 - 00:52:492 - you can add don to these spots. It sounds much better in my opinion. I like where you're head's at for most of this, but I can't agree with the specific d additions. So instead what I did was change 400 and 401 to normal k, and then made their pattern in between dkkdk to match the previous dkk mapped for those sounds before.

00:54:717 (425,426) - Instead of d d, i recommend kdk (1/4). Hm, 1/4 for these three notes of cooldown after that intense section just doesn't fit.

01:06:585 - Starting from here, you can change these patterns' (dkddd - dkkdd and so on) last notes to kat (dkddk - dkkdk and so on) to follow the snare sound. Hmm, yeah this fits well with dkddd to dkddk, but I feel that the dkkdd can still stay how it is right now.

01:47:465 (140,141) - Mentioned in 00:54:717 This time it's a lead-in to the final kiai section.

02:29:992 (467,468,469,470) - kkkk sounds better here, like you did in Oni diff. Yeah alright, I can agree with this.

02:30:322 - Personal preference, but I'd add a silent spinner to the end. Thanks, but I actually like leaving it off like this, gives the sudden end to match that ring at the end. beeeeeeep.

[Oni]

00:38:481 (245,247) - For me, kdkkddk is easier instead of kkkdddk, so I can suggest a ctrl + g here. It sounds better too. Because of how this section works the triplets need to be mapped in a similar vein. Luckily, I think kdk still works on them just as well, so this kdkkddk pattern can live through.
Altered.


00:43:344 - Unneccessary inherited point here. Good catch. Removed.

00:49:030 (306,308) - Same suggestion on 00:38:481 Same application on 00:38:481.

00:53:563 (339,340) - Ctrl + g to create similiar patterns if you apply other suggestions. Yup, done.

01:15:651 - This section is blank in Inner Oni. Either you can delete these notes on Oni diff or add notes on Inner Oni to keep consistency between other diffs. See, I feel there's a misconcept of how note placement can work in different difficulties. They don't necessarily have to be 1:1 in terms of similarity so long as the pattern fits, and this fits. I understand the notion of "harder difficulty = more notes" but you don't need to apply that everywhere in the map.

01:44:168 - You can make the SV change on next note like you did on 01:43:014 - this one. Looks like a remnant escaped! Fixed.

01:47:465 (105,106) - How about a kdd or kkd here? They sound better. These notes are meant to be more of a cooldown of the buildup leading up to the final kiai, so having them simple is best.

[Muzukashii]

01:16:146 (353) - Same suggestion mentioned in Oni. Same reply mentioned in Oni.

01:28:344 (2) - Kat here, due to Oni and Inner Oni. I'm keeping d here for simplicity, and even though the notes are pretty far apart so that the simplicity isn't really needed, I think it works here.

01:30:981 (4) - ^ ^

01:31:640 (5) - You can delete this note, or put another note on Oni diff. Or do neither because this is meant to help bridge the notes together on the Muzukashii without there being a spacing too awkward.

02:29:992 (284,285,286) - kkk sounds better for ending. Yeah I can agree, changed.

[Futsuu]

Good enough.

[Kantan]

Also good enough.

Hope this helps, good luck on the ranking way! :^)
Thanks much for the mod!
posted
Hi NM request from my queue. ^^

Kantan


  1. Well, I'll explain. You have to be clear that in Kantan the players are seeing the taiko for the first time, they still do not adapt well to the colors, so all this you did here:
    00:13:179 (14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42) - It is too consistent for them, you have to give much more space between the notes so that you have time to think about where you are going to press. We will do the following:

    º 00:15:157 (17,21,25,29) - These notes, delete.
    º 00:19:772 (24) - Blue
    º 00:21:091 (26,27) - ctrl + g You have to be consistent too, what I indicated will make it remain: kdk dkd kdk dkd d
  2. 00:27:025 (33) - Delete this note, more space.
  3. 00:34:278 (42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68) - All the notes of here that have bigs, remove them, is too much for the Kantan players.
  4. 00:55:377 (69) - This one can have a big.
  5. 01:06:585 (80,84) - Delete this two.
  6. 01:48:124 (22) - As in the other kiai, you can copy and paste.
  7. 02:09:882 (52) - So that you do not confuse them so much, this is another characteristic that you must take into account in most of the patterns in Kantan, those "triplets" in 1/2 must be (most, not all) unicolor so as not to confuse them so much.
  8. 02:12:520 (56) - red for the same reason ^
  9. 02:16:146 (62,63) - Red ^
  10. 02:24:717 (75) - Blue

Futsuu

  1. 00:11:036 (19) - Delete not is necessary
  2. 00:15:816 (31) - Blue
  3. Why do you change it? The same thing sounds: 00:19:607 (42) - red
  4. 00:20:926 (46,47) - Blue
  5. 00:22:245 (50) - Blue
  6. 00:27:684 (67) - Blue
  7. 00:34:278 - What I told you about the bigs, take them off please.
  8. 01:48:124 - The same kiai

Muzukashii

  1. To make it less confusing:

    º Move this: 00:08:481 (9) - to here: 00:08:399 -
    º Move this: 00:09:800 (15) - to here: 00:09:717 -
    º Move this: 00:11:530 (24) - to here: 00:11:366 -
    º Move: 00:11:695 (25) - to here: 00:11:530 -
    º Move: 00:11:778 (26) - to here: 00:11:695 -
  2. 00:25:047 (94) - Blue
  3. 00:27:684 (106) - ^
  4. 00:35:184 (143) - and 00:35:844 (147) - blue
  5. 00:37:821 (157) - 00:38:481 (161) - ^
  6. 00:40:458 (171) - 00:41:118 (175) - ^
  7. 00:43:096 (185) - ^ The triplets must be unicolor for the Muzukashii players, they are beginning to adapt to triplets.
  8. 00:45:733 (196) - 00:46:393 (200) - ^
  9. 00:48:370 (210) - 00:49:030 (214) - ^
  10. 00:53:646 (237) - ^

Oni

  1. 00:37:162 (237,238) - ctrl + g sound better
  2. 00:42:437 (270,271) - ^ same thing
  3. 00:46:393 (291,292) - ^
  4. 00:52:822 (332,333) - and 00:53:151 (335,336) - ctrl + g

Inner Oni

  1. 00:12:437 (48,49) - ctrl + g and 00:12:767 (52,53) - ctrl + g too, I think sounds much better.
  2. 00:16:146 (84) - Blue
  3. 00:19:278 (114) - Blue

Good Luck
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

JessiChan wrote:

Hi NM request from my queue. ^^

Kantan


  1. Well, I'll explain. You have to be clear that in Kantan the players are seeing the taiko for the first time, they still do not adapt well to the colors, so all this you did here:
    00:13:179 (14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42) - It is too consistent for them, you have to give much more space between the notes so that you have time to think about where you are going to press. We will do the following: Agreed for all the following, more detail further down.

    º 00:15:157 (17,21,25,29) - These notes, delete. Minute you said to make it easier, I thought "these notes" and so did you. Deleted.
    º 00:19:772 (24) - Blue Changed for pattern consistency.
    º 00:21:091 (26,27) - ctrl + g You have to be consistent too, what I indicated will make it remain: kdk dkd kdk dkd d Yes, the pattern consistency was important.
  2. 00:27:025 (33) - Delete this note, more space. Sure.
  3. 00:34:278 (42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68) - All the notes of here that have bigs, remove them, is too much for the Kantan players. For the exit from kiai time, not removed, but all the others were.
  4. 00:55:377 (69) - This one can have a big. Yeah, the transition works well with the big note.
  5. 01:06:585 (80,84) - Delete this two. First one was removed, but instead of deleting 84, I opted to delete 82 for the pattern k d kdkdk.
  6. 01:48:124 (22) - As in the other kiai, you can copy and paste. Yes, done.
  7. 02:09:882 (52) - So that you do not confuse them so much, this is another characteristic that you must take into account in most of the patterns in Kantan, those "triplets" in 1/2 must be (most, not all) unicolor so as not to confuse them so much. Alright, sounds good.
    kdk/dkd would probably be exceptions or in other songs in general. kdk just lets you alternate hands so it works out better.
  8. 02:12:520 (56) - red for the same reason ^ Using kkk instead.
  9. 02:16:146 (62,63) - Red ^ Using kkk instead still.
  10. 02:24:717 (75) - Blue Considering I decided to already do that earlier in this mod, wouldn't make much sense to ignore it now.

Futsuu

  1. 00:11:036 (19) - Delete not is necessary Yeah this can work for a lead in to the drumroll, deleted.
  2. 00:15:816 (31) - Blue This pattern here is a reversal of the previous pattern, changing this would take that away.
  3. Why do you change it? The same thing sounds: 00:19:607 (42) - red Freshen it up, and build up towards the buildup of the kiai time.
  4. 00:20:926 (46,47) - Blue This pattern here is a reversal of the previous pattern, changing this would take that away.
  5. 00:22:245 (50) - Blue The pattern from before was original, reversal, reversal, original, and changing this would take that away.
  6. 00:27:684 (67) - Blue Makes enough sense with the fact that d wasn't being used for an end to the pattern anyways. Changed.
  7. 00:34:278 - What I told you about the bigs, take them off please. Most of the bigs are now not bigs. A few that worked in between but for the most part, these are no longer bigs.
  8. 01:48:124 - The same kiai It definitely is.

Muzukashii

  1. To make it less confusing:

    º Move this: 00:08:481 (9) - to here: 00:08:399 -
    º Move this: 00:09:800 (15) - to here: 00:09:717 -
    º Move this: 00:11:530 (24) - to here: 00:11:366 -
    º Move: 00:11:695 (25) - to here: 00:11:530 -
    º Move: 00:11:778 (26) - to here: 00:11:695 -
    None of these changes really make the section less confusing. Instead, I deleted the notes at 00:09:058 and 00:10:377
  2. 00:25:047 (94) - Blue This can stay as a red. I have now however altered these sections slightly for monocolor patterns.
  3. 00:27:684 (106) - ^ ^ except the monocolor part here.
  4. 00:35:184 (143) - and 00:35:844 (147) - blue To match the drastically different sounding part of the song, a different pattern was applied.
  5. 00:37:821 (157) - 00:38:481 (161) - ^ ^
  6. 00:40:458 (171) - 00:41:118 (175) - ^ ^
  7. 00:43:096 (185) - ^ The triplets must be unicolor for the Muzukashii players, they are beginning to adapt to triplets. That's false information, they are beginning to adapt to triplets, and that's why too many different types of triplets are out of the question.
    So far, we've seen ddd, kkk, and kdk. Three triplets certainly isn't enough to be too worried over.
  8. 00:45:733 (196) - 00:46:393 (200) - ^ ^
  9. 00:48:370 (210) - 00:49:030 (214) - ^ ^
  10. 00:53:646 (237) - ^ ^

Oni

  1. 00:37:162 (237,238) - ctrl + g sound better I've already assigned these sounds to have kdk pattern on them, even at the beginning of groups of seven notes. Keeping.
  2. 00:42:437 (270,271) - ^ same thing ^
  3. 00:46:393 (291,292) - ^ ^
  4. 00:52:822 (332,333) - and 00:53:151 (335,336) - ctrl + g ^

Inner Oni

  1. 00:12:437 (48,49) - ctrl + g and 00:12:767 (52,53) - ctrl + g too, I think sounds much better. This just doesn't have that kick to it,
    but it's not a bad pattern. Just not right for here.
  2. 00:16:146 (84) - Blue I like dddk rather than kddk here.
  3. 00:19:278 (114) - Blue However this I can agree upon being good to do. The only other single note that exists before the buildup is also a k, so for consistency sake, changed.

Good Luck
Thanks much for the mod! Your Kantan mod was especially helpful!
posted
[Futsuu]
General and foreword - In all honesty, it is very difficult to tell what it is you're mapping to. The rhythm seems to be doing its own thing and doesn't seem to fit the song very much. Basically, playing this map, I didn't feel like I was playing a song, but rather just a "tutorial for patterns." I almost feel like you're afraid to step outside of a "box" of some sort, and the map is overly repetitive in these "x xxx" patterns.
00:13:179 (22) - Starting from here, I can only assume you're trying to map to the melody, but your uniform "x xxx" mapping makes it very hard to feel. I also feel like you're afraid to use more eighth notes. Forgive me for such a drastic suggestion, but a rhythm like this would be perfectly acceptable: example
00:34:278 (82) - For this section, the patterns are still too uniform to really feel like anything. The lack of eighth notes make it feel like a Kantan, as well. Forgive me for another drastic example, but a rhythm like this would be fine: example
00:43:178 (104) - Making this a don could bring out the kats a lot more.
00:50:101 (123) - For a buildup, it's better to start your quarter note streams than just adding more eighths. You could also use a sixteenth if you're careful with it. example
I think that's all I need to say since the song repeats itself and everything I said applies to the entire map.
Overall: I feel it might be easier to just remap this rather than making heavy edits. The choice to make such drastic changes is still yours, of course! I hope you consider my advice, though.

[Muzukashii]
General and foreword - Playing this felt sort of awkward. At first I thought it was because the "x x x" rhythm was overused (maybe it is a little), but after playing it a few times, I realized it was the patterns themselves that were the issue. What makes it increasingly awkward are the triplets after and before every x x x. Everything felt so much better just making them eighths.
Also, 00:43:509 (186) - The SV change here causes some readability issues. It also might not be necessary since the part it's for only lasts one measure.
00:08:234 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - I would consider saving this rhythm for the kiai, and making this focus on the build up. As in, mapping to the percussion here and using more quarter notes.
00:13:179 (30) - The problem with the triplets mentioned in the foreword applies to this entire section.
00:32:300 (130,132) - These finishers felt a bit awkward to play. It might be better if they were turned into DONs, but you could also remove the eighth notes in between them. It'd be better to break up the chain, as well.
00:35:102 (140,141,142,144,145,146) - I would consider making these pure kkk and ddd, since it's Muzu. I also feel like it fits a little more.
For this section, you might want to lay off the finishers. They start to lose impact.
00:56:283 (244) - I think this needs to be moved to 00:56:366. There isn't a beat there and this can fit the melody more.
00:58:921 (256) - ^
00:59:910 (261,262) - If you move both of these onto the red ticks, you'll see it feels better to hit and is where the notes most likely actually are.
01:01:393 (268) - A triplet doesn't feel fitting here to me.
01:02:465 - Perhaps try something like this? You want to be mapping more to the melody, here.
example
The previous two suggestions apply to the rest of the section's patterns.
01:14:498 (346,348) - Related to previous suggestion.
01:46:146 (59,61) - ^
And then the rest is the same as before.

Ah, there we go. Hope that was alright for my first mod. ^^; Good luck! I'm rooting for you!
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

Delta Airlines wrote:

[Futsuu]
General and foreword - In all honesty, it is very difficult to tell what it is you're mapping to. The rhythm seems to be doing its own thing and doesn't seem to fit the song very much. Basically, playing this map, I didn't feel like I was playing a song, but rather just a "tutorial for patterns." I almost feel like you're afraid to step outside of a "box" of some sort, and the map is overly repetitive in these "x xxx" patterns. Hmm, see I agree on some fronts, but some of these sections are justified in their entirety. More information on the mod itself.
00:13:179 (22) - Starting from here, I can only assume you're trying to map to the melody, but your uniform "x xxx" mapping makes it very hard to feel. I also feel like you're afraid to use more eighth notes. Forgive me for such a drastic suggestion, but a rhythm like this would be perfectly acceptable: example I agree that this section needs alteration, but this is not the alteration I feel fits.
However, I do agree that right now it's a bit dull. Altered slightly to bring more emphasis on the melody, at least for the first part, as the second half can be used for buildup.

00:34:278 (82) - For this section, the patterns are still too uniform to really feel like anything. The lack of eighth notes make it feel like a Kantan, as well. Forgive me for another drastic example, but a rhythm like this would be fine: example This one I disagree with entirely though, the d k d works nicely and then the d k d ddd k d helps to fleshen out the simplistic pattern.
00:43:178 (104) - Making this a don could bring out the kats a lot more. To keep in mind with the d k d pattern, this would break that.

00:50:101 (123) - For a buildup, it's better to start your quarter note streams than just adding more eighths. You could also use a sixteenth if you're careful with it. example I don't believe the example note placement works either though. The finisher warrants a full 1/1 break, and the somewhat complex pattern of the buildup to the drumroll works well for, well, the buildup.
I think that's all I need to say since the song repeats itself and everything I said applies to the entire map.
Overall: I feel it might be easier to just remap this rather than making heavy edits. The choice to make such drastic changes is still yours, of course! I hope you consider my advice, though. Considered, but not applied fully. I admit some sections are less interesting and could use work, but as for remapping it? It still follows the music quite well as a Futsuu, and there are still many sections that suit this song just fine.

[Muzukashii]
General and foreword - Playing this felt sort of awkward. At first I thought it was because the "x x x" rhythm was overused (maybe it is a little), but after playing it a few times, I realized it was the patterns themselves that were the issue. What makes it increasingly awkward are the triplets after and before every x x x. Everything felt so much better just making them eighths. Real big fan of eighths are we? I don't believe the eighths are well deserved here. This Muzukashii is designed around the monocolor triplets and the kdk inside the drastically different sounding section, not doubles.
Also, 00:43:509 (186) - The SV change here causes some readability issues. It also might not be necessary since the part it's for only lasts one measure. But I will agree here, changed.
00:08:234 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - I would consider saving this rhythm for the kiai, and making this focus on the build up. As in, mapping to the percussion here and using more quarter notes. This beginning segment is meant to introduce the players to this type of pattern that can be found in the song, and is still in a calm and controlled section to be easy enough to play and buildup.
00:13:179 (30) - The problem with the triplets mentioned in the foreword applies to this entire section. While playing, I felt no tint of awkward play at all, perhaps it's just preference? It's mapped fine to the song and it's a good way to introduce triplets to players.
00:32:300 (130,132) - These finishers felt a bit awkward to play. It might be better if they were turned into DONs, but you could also remove the eighth notes in between them. It'd be better to break up the chain, as well. I think the second can benefit from this, but the first can stay. Changed 132.
00:35:102 (140,141,142,144,145,146) - I would consider making these pure kkk and ddd, since it's Muzu. I also feel like it fits a little more. Stated this in a previous mod, but this section is so drastically different compared to the other sections of the song that a different triplet only fits right. kdk works really well here.
For this section, you might want to lay off the finishers. They start to lose impact. Yeah I can lay off the finisher a bit.
00:56:283 (244) - I think this needs to be moved to 00:56:366. There isn't a beat there and this can fit the melody more. I'm fine with this current pattern, it fits the melody at a low point while not being too complex still.
00:58:921 (256) - ^ Because two instances of this pattern have already passed and the music does change a bit to warrant a different pattern, I think now this point fits better. Altered.
00:59:910 (261,262) - If you move both of these onto the red ticks, you'll see it feels better to hit and is where the notes most likely actually are. Eh, I still think the 1 5 pattern you made previously would fit better here. Changed to that instead.
01:01:393 (268) - A triplet doesn't feel fitting here to me. Triplet is fine here, and through the rest of this section.
01:02:465 - Perhaps try something like this? You want to be mapping more to the melody, here. This is downtime, the melody is not taking as much precedent here.
example
The previous two suggestions apply to the rest of the section's patterns. Which is why they're also unchanged.
01:14:498 (346,348) - Related to previous suggestion. And I gave it the same treatment as before, which is removing the second finisher to a don but not the first.
01:46:146 (59,61) - ^ ^
And then the rest is the same as before.

Ah, there we go. Hope that was alright for my first mod. ^^; Good luck! I'm rooting for you!
Thanks much for the mod!
posted
[General]
Offset seems a bit off, i like 2610 better

[Kantan]
00:09:223 (8,11) - Probably could make these k for the crash instead
00:11:860 (13) - How about a short spinner here instead ?
01:01:970 (70,73) - I would ctrl-g these for all sections like this. Pitch change in the melody and the bass is too strong not to map it.

[Futsuu]
00:07:904 (7) - Kinda has to be a k here cause of the melody and crash symbal
00:08:563 (9,10) - Shouldnt all these doubles be kd
00:18:124 (36) - I would delete this for consistency, also theres not much here.
00:49:771 (120) - I kind of want to delete this cause we drop the brass here as well.
00:53:069 (129) - Nothing merits this to be any different from the notes around it, so d.
00:53:893 (135) - This note feels unnecessary here id like to emphasize the sider more with a break before it.
00:56:036 (138,139,140,141,142) - I feel ddkdk matches the melody with the strong bass better here
00:59:003 (145) - k sounds better to me and matches with 01:04:278 (158)
01:07:245 (168) - k sounds better to my ear
01:53:069 (51) - Maybe d emphasizes the upcoming pitch change better

Interesting take on the last kiai, i like it.

[Muzukashii]
00:13:159 - I dont really understand what we are mapping from here. Melody seems way too strong to just
ignore it. If you want to keep it more simple for this section you could follow the pitch changes in the bass line
Altho i would just prefere to make it similar what we have from 00:18:454 forward
00:18:783 (59,60) - ctrl-g this tho
00:49:771 (219) - I would either map both of these sounds or neither, mapping just one seems meh.
00:51:256 (224) - Somehow really awkward to read and play from here on out. If we map these big Ks i dont think we can just ignore the one at 00:51:256.
Maybe instead just delete 00:50:596 (220,226) which makes this a bit more simple as well.
00:55:047 - Okay im starting to understand your mapping a bit more i think :D , however i would change the following:
00:55:541 (239,245) 01:02:135 (272) - k's
01:00:652 (263) 01:04:772 (288) - d's
Just to go hand in hand with the bass a little bit.
01:08:728 (310,318) - These notes seem exccessive for this part, we can leave the intensity for the next part only.
01:48:124 - I still feel the melody is too strong to ignore
02:10:706 - Adding a note here improves the flow tremendously, 02:13:344 - this one not that important if we want variety in this section.
02:15:981 (211) - ^

[Oni]
00:15:981 (69,70,71,72,73,74) - Id just completely reverse these (d to k, k to d) 00:17:135 (79) -and make this k. sounds and plays better.
00:35:184 - Why do we ignore this
00:37:162 - no 00:37:822 - yes. And this to all of these
00:54:140 (347) - i would add a d and make 00:54:223 - k
00:54:223 (348) - Similar to the Muzu (Hand in hand with the bass blabla), so whenever the basspitch goes up we have this section with two k's, whenever it goes down we have 2 d's.
00:55:954 - Could add a note
00:57:272 - ^
00:58:591 - ^
00:59:910 - ^
01:43:096 (66) - Delete this, lets build up later where its more appropriate
01:47:382 - Here it is, add note.
02:26:283 - Could add note
02:27:602 - ^

Heh as i mapped from Futsuu upwards i started to understand your way of mapping this song a bit better all the time. Very unique way of mapping, it's different and bold. Good work and good luck! ;)
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

Karee Pan wrote:

[General]
Offset seems a bit off, i like 2610 better

[Kantan]
00:09:223 (8,11) - Probably could make these k for the crash instead I like the simplicity of this leading up. If I get more comments about this though I'll likely alter it. Besides, this is a Kantan.
00:11:860 (13) - How about a short spinner here instead ? Personally, the empty space between this note and the kiai time work better I feel.
01:01:970 (70,73) - I would ctrl-g these for all sections like this. Pitch change in the melody and the bass is too strong not to map it. You may've noticed before the widely spaced apart notes of d d and k k, these three note bundles are sort of extensions of these, and so changing these notes would ruin that.

[Futsuu]
00:07:904 (7) - Kinda has to be a k here cause of the melody and crash symbal The leadup using d works much better here.
00:08:563 (9,10) - Shouldnt all these doubles be kd Uhh, certainly not all of them, there's a type of flow that happens with these different doubles. However as I played that part over and over, I realized there was a better way to vary this section. So now both sets of doubles are the same,
but the single note that follows varies instead.

00:18:124 (36) - I would delete this for consistency, also theres not much here. I'd say there's enough here to warrant a note, and it creates some diversity between the first and second instance of this similar sounding section.
00:49:771 (120) - I kind of want to delete this cause we drop the brass here as well. I don't believe dropping this would hold any significance compared to keeping it.
00:53:069 (129) - Nothing merits this to be any different from the notes around it, so d. Changed, but not because of your reason. Because it works better as a lead for the drumroll.
00:53:893 (135) - This note feels unnecessary here id like to emphasize the sider more with a break before it. Yeah I can agree with that,
changed.

00:56:036 (138,139,140,141,142) - I feel ddkdk matches the melody with the strong bass better here This pattern is meant to be more of a cooldown pattern, kdddk feels nice for a cooldown.
00:59:003 (145) - k sounds better to me and matches with 01:04:278 (158) The reason it matches later is because later it's used to match the change of the music. It doesn't fit as well here.
01:07:245 (168) - k sounds better to my ear I do still think d ddd works better here, but the notes following up didn't make much sense.
Instead, changed the next four notes to k kkk.

01:53:069 (51) - Maybe d emphasizes the upcoming pitch change better Keeping consistency with the first kiai.

Interesting take on the last kiai, i like it.

[Muzukashii]
00:13:159 - I dont really understand what we are mapping from here. Melody seems way too strong to just
ignore it. If you want to keep it more simple for this section you could follow the pitch changes in the bass line
Altho i would just prefere to make it similar what we have from 00:18:454 forward This section is matching the rhythm of the melody,
and then once the player is familiar with the rhythm, different arrangements of colors are then used.

00:18:783 (59,60) - ctrl-g this tho This is the basis for an inverse immediately after, and it fits quite nicely right now.
00:49:771 (219) - I would either map both of these sounds or neither, mapping just one seems meh. Honestly, I think the emphasis given to these noises through the break is the best look at this for this difficulty, and it gives more emphasis to the finisher note too.
00:51:256 (224) - Somehow really awkward to read and play from here on out. If we map these big Ks i dont think we can just ignore the one at 00:51:256.
Maybe instead just delete 00:50:596 (220,226) which makes this a bit more simple as well. I agree that all those finisher notes should be mapped if most of them are already. What if we take it the other way around though, and instead highlight these sounds by just mapping differently from the notes before it? Mapping it this way seems better, thanks for highlighting those notes.
00:55:047 - Okay im starting to understand your mapping a bit more i think :D , however i would change the following:
00:55:541 (239,245) 01:02:135 (272) - k's If I have this pattern be dkk, it limits my ability to emphasize pitch changes in the future, so because of this, I'm keeping ddk.
01:00:652 (263) 01:04:772 (288) - d's First one sounds good after some undone changes, second not so much.
Just to go hand in hand with the bass a little bit.
01:08:728 (310,318) - These notes seem exccessive for this part, we can leave the intensity for the next part only. I'd say these notes help to build up to the intense buildup of the next part.
01:48:124 - I still feel the melody is too strong to ignore I feel pretty much the same I did before on this point.
02:10:706 - Adding a note here improves the flow tremendously, 02:13:344 - this one not that important if we want variety in this section. I'll admit, I've considered this note being here a few times, but with how breaks would be very few and far between, and how a note bridge is already used for note diversity later on, this gap can stay.
02:15:981 (211) - ^ ^

[Oni]
00:15:981 (69,70,71,72,73,74) - Id just completely reverse these (d to k, k to d) 00:17:135 (79) -and make this k. sounds and plays better. I definitely can settle for that first point, as long as I also reverse some other notes in the process and make the next instance also reverse of what it is to keep the whole inverted thing consistent. Can't agree with the second though, kdddk and dkkkd work exceptionally well here.
00:35:184 - Why do we ignore this This is for buildup.
00:37:162 - no 00:37:822 - yes. And this to all of these But this truly makes more sense, applied.
00:54:140 (347) - i would add a d and make 00:54:223 - k The slight pause before the dkdkd sounds and feels better than just a normal pattern, especially as a transition to a slow part.
00:54:223 (348) - Similar to the Muzu (Hand in hand with the bass blabla), so whenever the basspitch goes up we have this section with two k's, whenever it goes down we have 2 d's. This seems to just be expanding on your previous idea, but even with this reaosning, I still believe the current pattern to work better.
00:55:954 - Could add a note The space left before the 1 2 2 1 1 1 pattern works really nice in not only granting some breaks, but also matching the breakup in the music a bit.
00:57:272 - ^ ^
00:58:591 - ^ ^
00:59:910 - ^ ^
01:43:096 (66) - Delete this, lets build up later where its more appropriate Yeah that works nicely, changed.
01:47:382 - Here it is, add note. But I don't agree with this, the song built up and then has this tiny downtime before the kiai kicks back in.
Adding a note doesn't feel right here.

02:26:283 - Could add note Could also not, the simplicity of this end part I feel works fine as it is.
02:27:602 - ^ And here it's to have kkkkddddk stand out from the rest of the pattern.

Heh as i mapped from Futsuu upwards i started to understand your way of mapping this song a bit better all the time. Very unique way of mapping, it's different and bold. Good work and good luck! ;)
Thanks much for the mod!
posted
:P Hey there, NM from my queue~

[General]
  1. You can remove the tag "taiko," because if someone this gets ranked and someone clicks on the search option for taiko your map will come up... the same goes for osu.
  2. Artist and Yuki can also be removed because they are apart of the title of the song. If someone searches "Forget you" this map will come up because the artist is Yuki.


[Inner Oni]
  1. The change in density at 00:07:574 is off the charts. This section of the song is still relatively calm, the section from 00:07:574 - 00:11:860 should be built up to the kiai. To achieve this, I'd personally do something like this at 00:07:574: (The cursor is at 00:09:223)
  2. 00:29:992 (211,212,213) - You can easily change this to a kkdkd pattern, having it as this 1/2 note break sounds awkward in the middle of all your 1/4 stuff.
  3. 00:35:761 (266,267,268,269,270,271,272,273,274,275,276) - This pattern is oversaturated for what's going on at this time. There are clear downbeats that occur on 00:35:432 (264) and 00:35:596 (265). I highly recommend removing the notes at: 00:36:009 - 00:36:173 - and 00:36:338. Repeat as needed throughout this section of the song-I saw that you have something similar in your oni, and it can work there too.
  4. 00:52:739 - The stream you have mapped here is mapped to sounds that are too soft too hear against the taiko drum hitsounds. I'd recommend a change along the lines off (cursor at 00:53:399):
  5. 00:54:717 (418,419) - Both of these notes should really be a kat because I can hear some clap effects in the background, but at the minimum note 418 should be a kat.
  6. I like the section from 00:55:377 - 01:16:476, nicely done.
  7. 01:45:487 (117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125,126,127,128,129,130,131,132) - This is the same situation as #4, except not as extreme. I recommend changing it to something similar to what I mentioned in #4, for both consistency and coherency, but that's up to you.
  8. 02:26:036 (516,517,518) - Just like in #2, you can do something similar as this 1/2 note break sounds fairly awkward.
  9. 02:27:684 (528,529,530,531,532,533,534,535,536,537,538,539,540,541,542,543) - Recall back to #4 as well.


The rest of the map looks pretty o.k., the mapping isn't exactly the way I would've done it but that's what's great about it, it's all based on perception. It was cool to see the way you decided to go about mapping this. Good luck w rank~
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

Taikocracy wrote:

:P Hey there, NM from my queue~

[General]
  1. You can remove the tag "taiko," because if someone this gets ranked and someone clicks on the search option for taiko your map will come up... the same goes for osu.
  2. Artist and Yuki can also be removed because they are apart of the title of the song. If someone searches "Forget you" this map will come up because the artist is Yuki. All applied.


[Inner Oni]
  1. The change in density at 00:07:574 is off the charts. This section of the song is still relatively calm, the section from 00:07:574 - 00:11:860 should be built up to the kiai. To achieve this, I'd personally do something like this at 00:07:574: (The cursor is at 00:09:223) Ooh, yeah I always thought this was a bit too dense here but didn't think of a good way to fix this. This is the good way to fix this. Changed.
  2. 00:29:992 (211,212,213) - You can easily change this to a kkdkd pattern, having it as this 1/2 note break sounds awkward in the middle of all your 1/4 stuff. I'll admit the first k works really nicely, but I don't think I need this to be a quintuplet. Changed for a triplet.
  3. 00:35:761 (266,267,268,269,270,271,272,273,274,275,276) - This pattern is oversaturated for what's going on at this time. There are clear downbeats that occur on 00:35:432 (264) and 00:35:596 (265). I highly recommend removing the notes at: 00:36:009 - 00:36:173 - and 00:36:338. Repeat as needed throughout this section of the song-I saw that you have something similar in your oni, and it can work there too. It is oversaturated, but for this intense part of the song, this oversaturation works well for conveying this section is different from the rest of the song, and holds the most intensity.
  4. 00:52:739 - The stream you have mapped here is mapped to sounds that are too soft too hear against the taiko drum hitsounds. I'd recommend a change along the lines off (cursor at 00:53:399):

    Legitimately, I deadstared at this section for like ten minutes deciding what do actually do here thanks to this suggestion. I think in the end,
    I added some needed breaks in this stream as it wasn't quite intense enough for a full stream, but the note placements for the most part were still acceptable.
  5. 00:54:717 (418,419) - Both of these notes should really be a kat because I can hear some clap effects in the background, but at the minimum note 418 should be a kat. Sure, I can meet you halfway and do 418 as a k.
  6. I like the section from 00:55:377 - 01:16:476, nicely done. Thanks mate~
  7. 01:45:487 (117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125,126,127,128,129,130,131,132) - This is the same situation as #4, except not as extreme. I recommend changing it to something similar to what I mentioned in #4, for both consistency and coherency, but that's up to you. Similar situation to #4, but I didn't stare too much at it this time. Instead, I found that I just needed a one note bridge between the two halves of the stream,
    so I did just that, removing two notes around a single note.
  8. 02:26:036 (516,517,518) - Just like in #2, you can do something similar as this 1/2 note break sounds fairly awkward. However unlike last time, I can accept the kkdkd suggestion as this ending combines many layers of the song, making it deserving of a harder section, which of course also means a harder buildup. This offers that, so I can take it fully.
  9. 02:27:684 (528,529,530,531,532,533,534,535,536,537,538,539,540,541,542,543) - Recall back to #4 as well. Unlike #4 however,
    this is the end of the song, where it deserves the buildup for the ending. As such, I'm keeping it this way.


The rest of the map looks pretty o.k., the mapping isn't exactly the way I would've done it but that's what's great about it, it's all based on perception. It was cool to see the way you decided to go about mapping this. Good luck w rank~
Thanks for the mod and the serious reconsideration of some major streams!
posted
From my q.
Sry that i am super busy with irl things so i can't give very detailed mod here. ;w; Maybe next time?

[Inner Oni]
nice bg
00:10:541 (29) - change to k? cuz the pitch enhanced there.
00:13:179 (55) - better to add a finish here to emphasize it better. so how about move 00:13:096 (54) - to 00:12:932
02:03:618 (290,291,292,293,294) - same as^
00:19:443 (114,115,116,117,118) - ddkkd or dkkkd to emphasize 00:19:772 better
00:28:673 (202,203,204,205,206) - dkkdk feels better
00:41:365 (314) - k to fit the synth
00:43:344 (330) - make sv change at this 00:43:509 (331) -.cuz the music calm down at that note.
00:53:399 (414,413,415,416) - wtf
01:56:036 (218) - k to fit the pitch
02:16:805 (420,421,422,423,424) - dkkdk will be better imo

[Muzu]
00:13:179 (30) - add a finish. a big D will be better imo cuz 00:12:849 (29) - is big K now.
00:13:509 (31) - how about d. 3/4 rhythm is a little hard to catch so maybe mutiple color will work better
00:15:322 (40,41,42,43,44) - k ddd k to fit the pitch
00:16:146 (45) - and if you accept ^ better change this to d
00:23:728 (86) - add finish
00:35:102 (140,141,142) - avoid mutiple color stream in muzu.especially when bpm is 180+,that's not a small number.
00:35:761 (144,145,146) - 00:37:739 (154,155,156) - 00:38:398 (158,159,160) - etc. same as^
01:13:509 (342) - k cuz too many continuous d here
Umm the next kiai part is almost the same with the first one. so I am not going to write more.
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

Ellyu wrote:

From my q.
Sry that i am super busy with irl things so i can't give very detailed mod here. ;w; Maybe next time?

[Inner Oni]
nice bg
00:10:541 (29) - change to k? cuz the pitch enhanced there. Alright, got suggested this a bunch, so yeah this can change. But in order to better suit the way I'd map this, the quintuplet's been changed from kkkdd to kkddk. We'll meet halfway here.
00:13:179 (55) - better to add a finish here to emphasize it better. so how about move 00:13:096 (54) - to 00:12:932 I don't believe a finisher works well here, the small build up with a triplet works to emphasize it well enough already. Another reason though is because the previous stream's ending works very well.
02:03:618 (290,291,292,293,294) - same as^ ??? but also this still doesn't quite work here.
00:19:443 (114,115,116,117,118) - ddkkd or dkkkd to emphasize 00:19:772 better At the moment, this is being used to make an inverse that works right afterwards, and the dkdkk doesn't feel too bad either, not only in playability but also the emphasis on the last note as well.
00:28:673 (202,203,204,205,206) - dkkdk feels better Yes I agree, changed.
00:41:365 (314) - k to fit the synth To keep consistency with everything else in this section, I'll have to disagree. Nowhere in this section before the slowdown does there exist a triple k, and a triple k doesn't even match here either.
00:43:344 (330) - make sv change at this 00:43:509 (331) -.cuz the music calm down at that note. The reason the SV change happens here is to lead into the calm slowdown, and not just have it be sudden.
00:53:399 (414,413,415,416) - wtf wtf (fixed)
01:56:036 (218) - k to fit the pitch Honestly, it fits fine right now.
02:16:805 (420,421,422,423,424) - dkkdk will be better imo I think after revising a bit of a previous section, this is now an inverse, but the previous section is the basis for the inverse.

[Muzu]
00:13:179 (30) - add a finish. a big D will be better imo cuz 00:12:849 (29) - is big K now. Agreed, but big K still works better.
00:13:509 (31) - how about d. 3/4 rhythm is a little hard to catch so maybe mutiple color will work better Actually, because it's all monocolor, this pattern works well as is.
00:15:322 (40,41,42,43,44) - k ddd k to fit the pitch This is an inverse, unchanged.
00:16:146 (45) - and if you accept ^ better change this to d Even if I did, I still think introducing the player to these different combinations this way works better.
00:23:728 (86) - add finish Unlike last time however, a finish this close to the other notes feels awkward to play, and so this won't be added in.
00:35:102 (140,141,142) - avoid mutiple color stream in muzu.especially when bpm is 180+,that's not a small number. Actually, I have two separate reasons for this and the rest being kdk. The first has to do with the fact that your hands would still be on the same colors during the entire triplet,
so it can work out this way. And second, this section of the music is so drastically different from the rest of the song, this deserves different triplets. It's not mixed in with other triplets, only kdk appears in this section, so it still works in introducing the new triplet and being friendly to play.

00:35:761 (144,145,146) - 00:37:739 (154,155,156) - 00:38:398 (158,159,160) - etc. same as^ etc. same as^
01:13:509 (342) - k cuz too many continuous d here Not that many d to be perfectly honest, and it works for building up this part to the gap and finisher.
Umm the next kiai part is almost the same with the first one. so I am not going to write more.
Thanks much for the mod!
posted
NM!

[General check]
I suggest you add "osu!artist" to the tags, because yuki. is a featured osu!artist.

Reduce HP on Inner oni to 6.5 maybe? HP7 seems to punishing for a song with 2:30 with little breaks in density.

Shift the BG down 100 units so we all can appreciate the cute girls face?
How to change: Open the .osu (of all diffs) and change a line like this:

Before
After

The spread is not in a very presentable state right now.
Kantan>>>>>Futsuu>>>>>>Muzukashii>>Oni>Inner Oni



[Kantan]

AiMod does not complain!

===> What really bugs me about this kantan is the intensity issues in the weak kiais in relation to the non kiai parts. 00:07:904 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - this snippet of pre kiai has more 1/1 than the kiai itself, and the kiai should be adjusted to rectify that intensity.
I suggest you buff up the weaker kiais with longer combos and some 1/1.

Additionally, the 2nd halves of the kiais seem quite lacking in 2/1 and 1/1. please buff it somehow?

You should also make the combos in the 3rd kiai longer to give it more impact.

This Kantan has to be harder because of spread related issues.

Now some less urgent suggestions.

00:39:223 (42) - shift this one to 00:38:893 - ? Because itd make the song to pattern difference between 00:38:234 (41,42,43) - and 00:43:509 (47,48,49) - much clearer! Also it will be consistent with the adjacent patterns, and repetition is never bad in a kantan.

00:50:102 (55) - color this k to make the sound difference between this note and 00:49:772 (54) - more clear? Its similar to what you did at 00:43:509 (47,48,49) - where the color changed at the doublet to give it more impact.

00:48:783 (53) - I dont understand why this is a finisher xd

Kantan needs some work, but is fine otherwise!

[Futsuu]

AiMod doesnt complain!

Before i say anything, this futsuu is (after you bufffed the kantan that is) still a bit too hard for the kantan to catch up. D:::::::::::::::::

Theres literally too much 1/2 everywhere.
In the kiai i suggest you remove some 1/2 here and there.
In the strongest kiai is also suggest you to remove the 1/2 here and there, and also shorten the combos.

In all non kiai parts i mainly suggest you to tone down the 1/2 aswell. But still a bit more man you would nerf the kiai.

[Muzukashii]
AiMod doesnt complain!

This is also way too hard for the futsuu.
The use of 1/4 (the kdk) very much worries me, since its usual for the 1/4 to be in equal or less proportion/density as in the futsuu, as usually visible in most ranked maps nowadays.
You really used 1/4 at whatever place seemed fit, all over the map. The art of Kantan - Muzu tho is to emphasize as much as you can with a given difficulty threshold, and that threshold has just not been kept
Please uh, mono-ify those kdk triplets since they are way too hard. The maximum you would see in a regular muzukashii is a ddk or kkd, but not a kdk.
Please reduce the 1/4 density in general aswell, to match or be below the 1/2 proportion in the futsuu, so it results in a better spread.

Heres some other (mostly minor) suggestions:
// 00:30:734 (121) - move this note over to 00:30:899 - to make 00:29:003 (110,111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125) - these 2 patterns uniform. If the buildup is uniform with strict kat placement, i think it would be better to keep the don placement a bit strict too to just capture the feeling of a buildup properly.

00:54:058 - to 01:16:476 -
I see to what this section is mapped on just perfectly, but the sounds that are mapped to sound way too obscure to allow such quite long 1/2 and this 1/4 density. This part is quite as hard as the kiai, which it really shouldnt be. Nerf accordingly.

01:37:574 (13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38) - this part aswell is just too similar in difficulty to the kiai to make sense, i suggest you remove the 1/4 altogether?

01:42:849 (39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54) - again, make these 2 buildups the same please, for reasons already stated.

01:11:201 (327,328,329,330,331,332,333,334,335,336,337,338,339,340,341,342) - see above.

00:36:915 (151,152) - Im not quite fond of the use of finishers in this part if im honest. They build a way too confusing atmosphere in this part (especially with the cheap kdk surprise). You should ask others about it and see what they say, because they are fine as is, but still a candidate for removal i guess.

02:21:091 - The combo structure is wrong & untrue to the music from this timestamp onwards. The downbeat, on which a key melody tone lies, is not emphasized at all! You should emphasize the downbeats in any case!

02:25:047 (259,260,261,262,263,264,265,266,267,268,269,270,271,272,273,274) - and again, make those 2 combos uniform to capture the motion of a buildup.

Needs a lot of work, and also has some hidden potential.
Please do take my nerf suggestions seriously

[Oni]
Aimod doesnt Complain!

This is where the spread isnt really wrong a lot, considering you nerfed the muzukashii a bit.

The muzukashii uses some pretty normal 1/4 considering it was changed from its previous, very ridiculous state.
There are 2 major disturbances about spread and structure id have here, which are:

The last kiai is a tad too strong. This is due to the strict structure, and as a a cause of that, the strict density you hold. Even if the Muzukashii were on the heavier side after your change, itd still have quite a gap, because of the continued 1/4 barrage without any 1/1 breaks, which you should consider adding. the 2nd half of the last kiai is also a bit more problematic because its denser.
Sadly to fix this spread issue you need to tone the intensity down for this, and not keep the original structure.

I really like the structure/inverse structure of the kiai!

Do have some things to say about this though.

Also i noticed 00:54:058 - ; 00:32:959 - ; 01:46:805 - 02:07:904 - and 02:29:003 - are structurally different from each other at times.
Please make them consistent across all appearances, it would add to the already present structure of the map a lot. Maybe aswell change them to inverse colors every so often, like this diff does oftenly.

00:29:003 (178,187) - finish these notes because of cymbal sound, creates a really nice effect when paired with 00:29:992 (185,195) - these kinds of notes right before the finisher.

00:44:827 (282) - color k to emphasize the finisher sound lying here instead of ignoring it?

00:55:047 (353) - K finisher for the clap sound that echoes?
Same applies to 02:03:948 (239,248) - and 02:25:047 (425,434) -

Those are the issues i see most important right now.
Again this oni has structural and some more spread flaws, some work is needed.

[Inner Oni]

In this diff i especially see a problem that is the inconsistency of the kiais in pattern choice aswell as the wrong emphasis this pattern choice leads to.

My main problem is just the imprecision on where you put the kats in the streams.
The main intuition would be to put kats on the melody sounds, and backing them up with dons to create some difficulty, but looking at this diff, it straight up contradicts the music. So it must be changed, In the kiais atleast.

00:13:426 (57) - Stuff like this misplaced k in relation to the melody should not happen, especially when theres some combos that do it right afterwards, like
00:14:168 (64,65,66,67,68) - , it makes the kiai just confusing to listen to and im not really a fan of that.

Thats generally everything i have to say about the diff, the kats dont make sense, its too imprecise, even at points like 00:46:146 (346,347,348,349,350,351,352,353,354,355,356,357,358) - where the zip noises, nor the pitch really are represented by the kats, be it the cats coming 1 1/4 too late (at 00:46:311 - for example) or simply not appearing at all (00:46:805 - ).

I really dont like this diff in general (even tho i did at first glance when testing it) but upon closer looking into the patterns they all dont relate to the music as closely as this song kind of dictates with its jumpy melody. To make the map a little bit more interesting, try placing another kat the next 1/4 from another, to give the patterns more variety and also to indicate a stronger sound in the melody.

I really dont like to say this, but this difficulty is very due to a remap or atleast a big pattern reconfiguration.


[Something about Difficulty Spread you wanted me to talk about]

Difficulty Spread is just the relation of the difficulty of the elements that are being introduced when going from one difficulty to the next.

The Difficulty Spread should be fairly uniform across all difficulties, except between Top diff and 2nd Top diff, where a slightly Larger gap is permitted.
If you take a look across some ranked sets, you will pretty clearly see what i mean.
If the Kantan is a hard Kantan for its standards, it needs a Hardish Futsuu to keep the difficulty gap intact.
Same goes for Hardish Futsuu needing a Hardish Muzukashii etc.
To see what each difficulties standard is in each diff i really like to refer to this Wiki Page explaining it with examples how the diff should be. (tho ill have to say that page really suggests the diffs to be harder than they should be, for example 1/4 doubles in futsuu dont make sense, so do 1/4 multicolor in muzu for the most part)
The wiki might be a bit old, but look around on ranked maps that share common qualities with your song pick.

For the Spread heres another wiki link with a nice (little bit graphical) representation of the spread Click!

I guess thatd cover it, please keep these 2 links in mind when reconsidering the difficulty elements in the diffs in accordance to spread, its really important to get that right before you do anything else ^^


[Conclusion]
This mapset needs a ton of work if im 100% honest.
Ive already said my opinions, most diffs on themselves are pretty good, but in spread they make no sense.
Hope this helped you in a way or another!

Good luck with this!
posted
Changed.
Altered slightly/altered but not to the mod's suggestion.
Not changed at all.

Nepuri wrote:

NM!

[General check]
I suggest you add "osu!artist" to the tags, because yuki. is a featured osu!artist.

Reduce HP on Inner oni to 6.5 maybe? HP7 seems to punishing for a song with 2:30 with little breaks in density. I can take a .5 decrease sure.

Shift the BG down 100 units so we all can appreciate the cute girls face?
How to change: Open the .osu (of all diffs) and change a line like this:

Before
After

Nice aesthetic, changed.

The spread is not in a very presentable state right now.
Kantan>>>>>Futsuu>>>>>>Muzukashii>>Oni>Inner Oni



[Kantan]

AiMod does not complain!

===> What really bugs me about this kantan is the intensity issues in the weak kiais in relation to the non kiai parts. 00:07:904 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) - this snippet of pre kiai has more 1/1 than the kiai itself, and the kiai should be adjusted to rectify that intensity.
I suggest you buff up the weaker kiais with longer combos and some 1/1.

Additionally, the 2nd halves of the kiais seem quite lacking in 2/1 and 1/1. please buff it somehow?

You should also make the combos in the 3rd kiai longer to give it more impact.

This Kantan has to be harder because of spread related issues. Made Kantan less dense in kiai time and overall a bit more difficult.

Now some less urgent suggestions.

00:39:223 (42) - shift this one to 00:38:893 - ? Because itd make the song to pattern difference between 00:38:234 (41,42,43) - and 00:43:509 (47,48,49) - much clearer! Also it will be consistent with the adjacent patterns, and repetition is never bad in a kantan. You're right, but the color pattern is still the same, just the placement is different, and it still stays consistent with future notes in the song. As for differentiating that section...it starts on a k as opposed to a d, but I can see where the cause of concern is there. Still, I think this works for now.

00:50:102 (55) - color this k to make the sound difference between this note and 00:49:772 (54) - more clear? Its similar to what you did at 00:43:509 (47,48,49) - where the color changed at the doublet to give it more impact. Back then, that was used for matching the ticking. There's no ticking here and this works fine as is.

00:48:783 (53) - I dont understand why this is a finisher xd Ah, a stray! Removed.

Kantan needs some work, but is fine otherwise!

[Futsuu]

AiMod doesnt complain!

Before i say anything, this futsuu is (after you bufffed the kantan that is) still a bit too hard for the kantan to catch up. D:::::::::::::::::

Theres literally too much 1/2 everywhere.
In the kiai i suggest you remove some 1/2 here and there.
In the strongest kiai is also suggest you to remove the 1/2 here and there, and also shorten the combos.

In all non kiai parts i mainly suggest you to tone down the 1/2 aswell. But still a bit more man you would nerf the kiai. Overall nerfed all around, having less 1/2.

[Muzukashii]
AiMod doesnt complain!

This is also way too hard for the futsuu.
The use of 1/4 (the kdk) very much worries me, since its usual for the 1/4 to be in equal or less proportion/density as in the futsuu, as usually visible in most ranked maps nowadays.
You really used 1/4 at whatever place seemed fit, all over the map. The art of Kantan - Muzu tho is to emphasize as much as you can with a given difficulty threshold, and that threshold has just not been kept
Please uh, mono-ify those kdk triplets since they are way too hard. The maximum you would see in a regular muzukashii is a ddk or kkd, but not a kdk.
Please reduce the 1/4 density in general aswell, to match or be below the 1/2 proportion in the futsuu, so it results in a better spread. See I disagree with the whole kdk fiasco. Fundamentally, you play it no differently compared to ddd or kkk, as one hand is consistently on the same color. Also,
the section is diverse and different enough from the rest of the song to warrant the different kdk. Now if kdk appeared elsewhere, I could see where you're complaints lie, but here? This works fine.

However, overall yes too many 1/4. Nerfed drastically with how many 1/4 there are in the song.

Heres some other (mostly minor) suggestions:
// 00:30:734 (121) - move this note over to 00:30:899 - to make 00:29:003 (110,111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125) - these 2 patterns uniform. If the buildup is uniform with strict kat placement, i think it would be better to keep the don placement a bit strict too to just capture the feeling of a buildup properly. Sure, I'll change that, it sounds nice.

00:54:058 - to 01:16:476 -
I see to what this section is mapped on just perfectly, but the sounds that are mapped to sound way too obscure to allow such quite long 1/2 and this 1/4 density. This part is quite as hard as the kiai, which it really shouldnt be. Nerf accordingly. Nerfed a bit, the rhythms were fine, but the spacing was not. More 1/1 and 1/2 gaps were added.

01:37:574 (13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38) - this part aswell is just too similar in difficulty to the kiai to make sense, i suggest you remove the 1/4 altogether?

01:42:849 (39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53,54) - again, make these 2 buildups the same please, for reasons already stated. Done for reasons already stated.

01:11:201 (327,328,329,330,331,332,333,334,335,336,337,338,339,340,341,342) - see above. see above

00:36:915 (151,152) - Im not quite fond of the use of finishers in this part if im honest. They build a way too confusing atmosphere in this part (especially with the cheap kdk surprise). You should ask others about it and see what they say, because they are fine as is, but still a candidate for removal i guess. "cheap kdk surprise" if the section is so drastically different from the rest of a song, the mapping should also become drastically different to properly compliment the music. As for the finishers, I...think I'm gonna keep them for now. If more complaints come up about this, I'll consider removing them, but they just work so well here.

02:21:091 - The combo structure is wrong & untrue to the music from this timestamp onwards. The downbeat, on which a key melody tone lies, is not emphasized at all! You should emphasize the downbeats in any case! Altered to a similar beat matching the melody.

02:25:047 (259,260,261,262,263,264,265,266,267,268,269,270,271,272,273,274) - and again, make those 2 combos uniform to capture the motion of a buildup. And again, changed.

Needs a lot of work, and also has some hidden potential.
Please do take my nerf suggestions seriously

[Oni]
Aimod doesnt Complain!

This is where the spread isnt really wrong a lot, considering you nerfed the muzukashii a bit.

The muzukashii uses some pretty normal 1/4 considering it was changed from its previous, very ridiculous state.
There are 2 major disturbances about spread and structure id have here, which are:

The last kiai is a tad too strong. This is due to the strict structure, and as a a cause of that, the strict density you hold. Even if the Muzukashii were on the heavier side after your change, itd still have quite a gap, because of the continued 1/4 barrage without any 1/1 breaks, which you should consider adding. the 2nd half of the last kiai is also a bit more problematic because its denser.
Sadly to fix this spread issue you need to tone the intensity down for this, and not keep the original structure. Nerfed last kiai a bit and minor alterations to other sections.

I really like the structure/inverse structure of the kiai!

Do have some things to say about this though.

Also i noticed 00:54:058 - ; 00:32:959 - ; 01:46:805 - 02:07:904 - and 02:29:003 - are structurally different from each other at times.
Please make them consistent across all appearances, it would add to the already present structure of the map a lot. Maybe aswell change them to inverse colors every so often, like this diff does oftenly. Good catch, altered.

00:29:003 (178,187) - finish these notes because of cymbal sound, creates a really nice effect when paired with 00:29:992 (185,195) - these kinds of notes right before the finisher. Also nice catch, altered.

00:44:827 (282) - color k to emphasize the finisher sound lying here instead of ignoring it? However I cannot agree for this part. It would create an inconsistent start to the section that was already established before.

00:55:047 (353) - K finisher for the clap sound that echoes? Putting it here for now, but I don't necessarily like it too much. It works, but I think D is nicer. Still, I'll let people decide if it does work better or not.
Same applies to 02:03:948 (239,248) - and 02:25:047 (425,434) - Yuuup, altered.

Those are the issues i see most important right now.
Again this oni has structural and some more spread flaws, some work is needed.

[Inner Oni]

In this diff i especially see a problem that is the inconsistency of the kiais in pattern choice aswell as the wrong emphasis this pattern choice leads to.

My main problem is just the imprecision on where you put the kats in the streams.
The main intuition would be to put kats on the melody sounds, and backing them up with dons to create some difficulty, but looking at this diff, it straight up contradicts the music. So it must be changed, In the kiais atleast.

00:13:426 (57) - Stuff like this misplaced k in relation to the melody should not happen, especially when theres some combos that do it right afterwards, like
00:14:168 (64,65,66,67,68) - , it makes the kiai just confusing to listen to and im not really a fan of that.

Thats generally everything i have to say about the diff, the kats dont make sense, its too imprecise, even at points like 00:46:146 (346,347,348,349,350,351,352,353,354,355,356,357,358) - where the zip noises, nor the pitch really are represented by the kats, be it the cats coming 1 1/4 too late (at 00:46:311 - for example) or simply not appearing at all (00:46:805 - ).

I really dont like this diff in general (even tho i did at first glance when testing it) but upon closer looking into the patterns they all dont relate to the music as closely as this song kind of dictates with its jumpy melody. To make the map a little bit more interesting, try placing another kat the next 1/4 from another, to give the patterns more variety and also to indicate a stronger sound in the melody.

Altered all kiai to help match the melody a bit closer while keeping odd note bundles for jumpiness and difficulty. Also, fixed inconsistencies in the different section of the map.

I really dont like to say this, but this difficulty is very due to a remap or atleast a big pattern reconfiguration. I don't believe this is entirely true. The patterns are definitely flawed, but the rhythms all make sense and match the music and its mood appropriately. The calm sections are mapped well and again, fit the music, and even when it comes to the drastically different sounding part of the map, with the initial established pattern, it gets across that this section of the map is different and intense compared to the rest of the song. Since the initial established pattern is now being used throughout, and now that the kiai times match the melody a bit better, this difficulty is in a better spot than it was before.


[Something about Difficulty Spread you wanted me to talk about]

Difficulty Spread is just the relation of the difficulty of the elements that are being introduced when going from one difficulty to the next.

The Difficulty Spread should be fairly uniform across all difficulties, except between Top diff and 2nd Top diff, where a slightly Larger gap is permitted.
If you take a look across some ranked sets, you will pretty clearly see what i mean.
If the Kantan is a hard Kantan for its standards, it needs a Hardish Futsuu to keep the difficulty gap intact.
Same goes for Hardish Futsuu needing a Hardish Muzukashii etc.
To see what each difficulties standard is in each diff i really like to refer to this Wiki Page explaining it with examples how the diff should be. (tho ill have to say that page really suggests the diffs to be harder than they should be, for example 1/4 doubles in futsuu dont make sense, so do 1/4 multicolor in muzu for the most part)
The wiki might be a bit old, but look around on ranked maps that share common qualities with your song pick.

For the Spread heres another wiki link with a nice (little bit graphical) representation of the spread Click!

I guess thatd cover it, please keep these 2 links in mind when reconsidering the difficulty elements in the diffs in accordance to spread, its really important to get that right before you do anything else ^^


[Conclusion]
This mapset needs a ton of work if im 100% honest.
Ive already said my opinions, most diffs on themselves are pretty good, but in spread they make no sense.
Hope this helped you in a way or another!

Good luck with this!
Thanks much for the intensive spread lesson and mod!
posted
from queue

[Muzukashii]
00:38:399 (147,148,149) - don't overuse patterns like this in muzukashii
00:41:036 (162) - fix two notes at same place
02:20:743 (211) - fix snapping
02:30:157 (254) - add spinner lasting until 02:32:959

didnt see any issues in lower diffs
show more
Please sign in to reply.