forum

Borderless windowed (Fullscreen) [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Jau
Hey all,
I've picked up a second monitor and I was wondering if a fullscreen windowed (borderless) option will ever be considered.
I usually play fullscreen, but now with the dual monitors, when I alt tab the whole screen flashes like a single screen.
As far as I know, some games offer fullscreen windowed mode so when you alt tab it just brings up the cursor and the game shows but is inactive.

Possible?!
ziin

rawrjau wrote:

Hey all,
I've picked up a second monitor and I was wondering if a fullscreen windowed (borderless) option will ever be considered.
I usually play fullscreen, but now with the dual monitors, when I alt tab the whole screen flashes like a single screen.
As far as I know, some games offer fullscreen windowed mode so when you alt tab it just brings up the cursor and the game shows but is inactive.

Possible?!
Try playing in openGL.

Or just use the biggest window size and suck it up.
Topic Starter
Jau
Cool cool, OpenGL worked perfectly, thank you =)
Waryas
I'd like a borderless windowed option too.
Zetta
Thirded.

Also doesn't OpenGL lag you compared to directx?
Shael_old
yes yes yes yes
Kitsunemimi
I think this has been requested and denied before, too lazy to search for the thread atm.
ziin

Zetta wrote:

Thirded.

Also doesn't OpenGL lag you compared to directx?
get a better computer.
zertap
I would also like to see this option ;__;

(edit: also seemed to necrobump this :P)
Kert
Add support for borderless fullscreen (set your windowed resolution to the same as your desktop).
Bumping this cause it has been successfully implemented, but I have something else to suggest

Any chance to make borderless windowed feature for other resolutions too?
I play on a resolution like this one (1024x700)
I like how I have almost fullscreen resolution and at the same time I can see taskbar and stuff
But it would be even better if I'd be able to utilize screen space used by borders