forum

Osu! Guinness World Record Attempt

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

Hobbes2 wrote:

It sounds like you know what you're doing. Good luck!

If you're desperate on commentators I can help out for a while, maybe.
Thank you! I will take a note of your name. Should hopefully have something such as Discord set up tomorrow so we have somewhere to discuss in detail with ease.
o x
Good luck with this hopefully it's a success, do be careful though :b
nerfs
This looks pretty legit, we might need to get more people on board with this.
1Alone

VoicelessVoid wrote:

It requires that I play for 144 consecutive hours, accumulating 10 minutes of rest for each hour of playtime.
Damn, How about sleeping? Or is there an amount of hour you need to accomplish every day?
Sandy Hoey

1Alone wrote:

VoicelessVoid wrote:

It requires that I play for 144 consecutive hours, accumulating 10 minutes of rest for each hour of playtime.
Damn, How about sleeping? Or is there an amount of hour you need to accomplish every day?
The answer is literally in the quote you took :lol:
ColdTooth
I actually attempted this back in 2013 where I played for about 31 hours in total. It's pretty dangerous tbh, but I know you can do it if I can do it, I just have school xP

Might give it another shot in this summer
1Alone

Sandy Hoey wrote:

The answer is literally in the quote you took :lol:
10 minutes of nap every single hour?!?! That is one odd sleep cycle for the next 6 days :lol: Maybe I should try it the next time I'm spending the night at a net cafe :P
Anyway,

Hobbes2 wrote:

Do be careful! It sounds cool, and I'm sure you already know this, but be sure to prioritize your health over anything.
^
Caput Mortuum
shouldn't this supposed to be somewhere in gameplay and rankings
anyway, good luck and be careful. Might want to contact someone to feature it on osu!weekly when you are going to do it.
Blitzfrog
So what record are you trying to break?
Adorn
Good luck!
Flanster

Blitzfrog wrote:

Most likely longest video game session which is currently 138 hours 34 minutes.
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

1Alone wrote:

VoicelessVoid wrote:

If I save the 10 minutes, it makes up 4 hours each day, so 3 hours nap time is manageable, my body runs on a 4-hour sleep cycle.
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

Blitzfrog wrote:

Longest Videogame Session
Longest Videogame session playing a Rhythm Game
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

ColdTooth wrote:

I actually attempted this back in 2013 where I played for about 31 hours in total. It's pretty dangerous tbh, but I know you can do it if I can do it, I just have school xP

Might give it another shot in this summer
If you believe you can do it, then go for it. I know personally that I can achieve this.
Aurani
OP is gonna hold out for 40 hours before his heart gives out and we never hear of him again.
FuZ
y tho
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

FuZ wrote:

y tho
People find accomplishments in many different ways.
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

Flannel wrote:

Good luck!
Thank you!
Adorn
(Try editing your reply instead of double/triple posting.)
Health concerns are definitely on the list. I'd offer to commentate or something but I'm focusing on other stuff currently. If (which I doubt) you end up short handed, hit me up.
Rurree
Good luck! Just don't outdo yourself. :)
Arospity
Good luck on the world record! Hope you end up breaking it.

Love this weeb game community
Surono
wow holy really, Good Luck and Wish you the best.

Arospity wrote:

Love this weeb game community
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

Surono wrote:

wow holy really, Good Luck and Wish you the best.

Arospity wrote:

Good luck on the world record! Hope you end up breaking it.

Madvillain wrote:

Good luck! Just don't outdo yourself. :)
Thank you all, I can't wait for things to start moving along. Going to set up the Discord later today.
Rilene
I hope you wont get bored just from playing it
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

Rilene wrote:

Fortunately, I'm someone who can easily keep their mind occupied, even more so when I have music.
Keiger

VoicelessVoid wrote:

Rilene wrote:

Fortunately, I'm someone who can easily keep their mind occupied, even more so when I have music.

inb4 we never hear of voiceless again
OzzyOzrock
Have you done anything like this before? "I've done multiple all-nighters playing video games" is a valid answer.
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Have you done anything like this before? "I've done multiple all-nighters playing video games" is a valid answer.
Multiple times, longest I've attempted before was 96 hours, that was with no naps at all. Fortunately, I've slowly adapted to low levels of sleep due to short rest hours between work etc.
7ambda
6 days, lmao

good luck
Makan1
you're completely insane
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

Makan1 wrote:

you're completely insane
Insanely Insane. :)

F1r3tar wrote:

6 days, lmao

good luck
Thank you!
dung eater
If you can clump many hour's rest together (20 or 30min naps) it's plenty of sleep to live for months or longer with.
Hythes
Multiple times, longest I've attempted before was 96 hours, that was with no naps at all.
oh god you are insane! I'm not supporting this bcz that not good for your body, but atleast ganbatte!!
Keiger
whats your twitch?
evilneon
"We will also need extra people available who could switch in on 4-hour shifts, or less depending on how many people volunteer to oversee the event. Two people must be present at all times. "

I'd volunteer if you were nearby :P This sounds like fun.
johnmedina999
144/24 = 6
Holy crap 6 days, that is WAY impressive. I can't do anything for more than 8 hours before I start going crazy.
I hope you will try your best!

Your meme avatar fits this attempt perfectly.
B1rd
lol why does a publicised event have to be done by a noob.
Rurree
so?
Topic Starter
HikikomoriUK

evilneon wrote:

I'd volunteer if you were nearby :P This sounds like fun.
Taken a note of your name, thank you for offering help!