forum

osu! Amino Tournament [1k-300k multiple brackets] CONCLUDED

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

Discord | Twitch

Hello everyone and welcome to the osu! Amino Tournament! We decided to organise a large tournament for everyone to join.

What is Amino?
Amino is a phone app which allows you to join multiple of the various fan-made and organised communities. It includes an active community for almost any subject. Each community need order, and so leaders and curators are introduced. Leaders have full control over the amino and while curators have fewer permissions, their main role allows them to showcase the best posts on the front page for everyone to see.

Quite suddenly, a change happened in the osu! amino. The old leaders and curators were demoted and replaced by a new, active leader, presumably chosen by the Amino staff (though we cannot confirm this). Our new leader took the role responsibly, promoted new curators and our amino now has an active system of moderation.

Because of this, we have decided that the best celebration would be a tournament. For all of us, it is our first time directing a tournament of this scale, but we believe it will work. I'm sure any details you'll need will be found below.

What will the tour be like?
Within amino, we have created official polls to help us decide some of the basics of the tournament. In short, here they are:
  • The tournament will be played in 4v4 format.
    The tournament scoring system will use ScoreV1.
    Multiple brackets, each with its own rank range, may participate.
    Each bracket will have a single mappool throughout the tournament.
    Each bracket will be played as a double elimanation bracket.
    Players without the Amino app are not restricted from entering the tournament.
    You must join the Discord server. Link can be found above.
You are more likely to get more information in the Rules and the o! AT Discord, if you have more questions.
The rules can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WtI ... PSZAk/edit
Please note that the rules have not been fully finalised and may undergo changes. Any changes to the rules from the point of posting this will be reported to everyone via Discord and this thread. You will also want to see the mappools. To do that, please direct to the link below.
Mappools: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Where do I sign up?
We have devised 2 systems of participation: Pre-made teams and solo queue. They act just as they sound. Pre-made teams allow teams of at least 4 players up to 7 players to register together, which means you are guaranteed to stay with your teammates. Solo queue allows individuals without teams to be placed in another team. We will ensure that time zones stay similar within the team. Please note that pre-made teams can not refuse from taking in a random player. Only a total of 16 teams may enter a single bracket. Latest entries will be put on a waiting list, should a team decide to forfeit from the tournament. Application forms for both systems can be found below
Can I help?
We are currently looking for referees, first timers or not. We will arrange you access to the tourney commands and show you the routine of the matches as well as editing access to the spreadsheet. Please talk to someone with the Amino role on the Discord server. Thank you.
  • Main Organisers: OskaRRRitoS, Arutsuki, Kajakoro.
    Referee: OskaRRRitoS, Kajakoro, Arutsuki, nullfathi, Deadpulse, Kentaro, ForseenParadox, jh1h1h.
    Streamer: -Shadow-, ShiiTsuin
    Commentator: NosuBrosu, ItsMyMai, Fuutori, InsaneMadness, Wasabi, Gummy.
When does this start?
The dates that have been decided so far are as follows:
  • 28th April 2017 - Sign-ups for 100k-150k and 150k-300k brackets end. [Ended]
    5th May 2017 - 100k-150k and 150k-300k bracket start.
    2nd June 2017 - Signups for 30k-65k and 65k-100k brackets end.
    9th June 2017 - 30k-65k and 65k-100k bracket start.
    7th July 2017 - Signups for 5k-10k and 10k-30k brackets end.
    14th July 2017 - 5k-10k and 10k-30k bracket start.
    11th August 2017 - Signups for 1k-5k bracket ends.
    18th August 2017 - 1k-5k bracket start.
Should any of these dates changed, it will be reported via Discord and this thread. Delays may happen, however it will be notified to all members.

Anything else?
We are setting up challonge links to help you track the current state of the tournament. They are in the making so please be patient. Links will be found below.
If you would like to have the banner on your userpage that links to this thread, you can get the code for it right here!
[centre][url=https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/577380][img]http://puu.sh/v89gi/99855f5959.png[/img][/url][/centre]

Do tell us if we missed anything that you would deem important!

We hope to see you there!

#BlameShadow
Yasuh
Did you mention that anyone outside of amino can join aswell?
PlebBerki
Can I enter without amino?
ZXmilk_12
Sorry man,can you delete my name from the solo group,I think I will have a team in few days time
Arutsuki

Shacofighter wrote:

Can I enter without amino?
Yes you can
Soupz
when and how will we be informed about when it starts and soloq players joining teams?
rt6yhjyuvy6
When will I know my team-members if I sign up in solo queue. Also, once my username is submitted on the application then I'm good to just show up on the date of the game (and when will I know the play-time)?
Kajakoro

rt6yhjyuvy6 wrote:

When will I know my team-members if I sign up in solo queue. Also, once my username is submitted on the application then I'm good to just show up on the date of the game (and when will I know the play-time)?
You will know who your team members will be up to few days after the last sign up date.
Once your username is submitted and you have a team I'd suggest to talk with your team to know who can play what and when (for several reasons). For example, teams will be of 4-7 players which mean that you should coordinate with your team of who plays what.
Besides that you need to know what hours your team can play.
(If you have any other questions feel free to send me a msg)
Kajakoro

Soupz wrote:

when and how will we be informed about when it starts and soloq players joining teams?
You should be informed in up to few days via a private msg for which team you'll be assigned (soloq players)
Soupz

Kajakoro wrote:

Soupz wrote:

You should be informed in up to few days via a private msg for which team you'll be assigned (soloq players)
Im at 152k right now so by the time the tourney starts ill be eligible for 100-150k do i sign up again?
rt6yhjyuvy6
How many wins decides a victory? 5?
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

Soupz wrote:

[quote="Kajakoro"You should be informed in up to few days via a private msg for which team you'll be assigned (soloq players)
Im at 152k right now so by the time the tourney starts ill be eligible for 100-150k do i sign up again?[/quote]

No need. We take ranks about a week or two before the brackets are due to start.
Topic Starter
OskaRRRitoS

rt6yhjyuvy6 wrote:

How many wins decides a victory? 5?
Quoted from the rules: "Weeks 1 and 2 will be BO7, Week 3 will be BO9 and Weeks 4 and 5 will be BO11."
Stupid Idiot
Are matches played on weekends only?
Skonyee
Me and a friend would only be 2 is there a way that we come in a team together with randoms?
loveletter4u
Can we enter if by the date of the tournament, we would be in the 300k bracket?
Miirari

Espalza wrote:

All the matches will be played from Friday-Saturday
Miirari

ThyDreams wrote:

What?
Kajakoro

-Shadow- wrote:

Espalza wrote:

All the matches will be played from Friday-Saturday
If 2 teams from the same bracket agree, it's possible to play on workdays (not weekends)
-Flux

ThyDreams wrote:

Nah. It depends on your ranking. But the way I see it. You're still left behind. Go farm more maps.
show more