Linked Horizon - Shinzou o Sasageyo! [TV Size]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Get it, cuz 3 = triangle? HAHAHA
Net0
"dedicate all your hearts" I really didn't get the point of it. Is it some sort of reference to the anime?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
That's the song title's english translation :D.
Net0

Monstrata wrote:

That's the song title's english translation :D.
I did some research here and I'm pretty sure that you add a "all" that's not part of the translation. You could use "Dedicate your heart" or "Devote your heart", but "all your hearts" doesn't seem to be a good translation. Even tho there's no singular/plural on the title, when you add " all " you're changing the meaning since "Dedicate your hearts" and "Dedicate all your hearts" are slightlly different. But it's not like this should stop you from ranking. Just adding this info here in case you want to add a more appropriate title translation. :D
Doormat
okay, just running through double checking metadata, because apparently を can be transliterated as either 'o' or 'wo' and i'm not sure which of the two is correct. apparently wo is more commonly used in songs, but it'd probably be better to double check with a native speaker. sorry for the trouble monstrata i was 99% sure that the metadata i provided was right /w\
Rumia-
oh no D:
im very late fot the mods wtf im very sorry ;;;

p/4977700 fro clarifications yo its correct
native speaker also have troubles doin metadata for osu xd
Doormat

MoeMoeKyunNN wrote:

oh no D:
im very late fot the mods wtf im very sorry ;;;

p/4977700 fro clarifications yo its correct
native speaker also have troubles doin metadata for osu xd
oh so i was right? hell yea

carry on then zzzz
Topic Starter
Monstrata
@Net0. Yea, there are other translations, its why I added "heart" as well, so ppl can search dedicate all your hearts, or dedicate your heart.

@Doormat. Yes, its o. I confirmed the modified hepburn approach with KSHR some time ago for my Ame, Kimi o Tsurete map.

@MoeMoeKyunNN. No worries, i have another map for you to check if you dont mind~ I'll forum pm you.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
1. Romanization for the title
The method of romanization used in osu! is the modified Hepburn, in which Japanese characters with 2 readings such as は / を / へare romanized as their actual pronunciations. Therefore "雨、キミを連れて" is romanized into "Ame, Kimi o Tsurete". In conclusion, your current romanized title is fine unless there is official information that says it's incorrect.

- KSHR
Xinnoh
is it fine if the top diff goes outside the boundary like this?
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Yes, as long as it's not offscreen.

Offscreen = offscreen in gameplay, not editor, since the boundaries of editor are actually smaller than the boundaries of the actual gameplay screen. You can double check on 800x600 resolution (smallest resolution) if it's not offscreen on that resolution then it won't be offscreen on any resolution (except 5:4, but that one doesn't count).
riffy
While it is true I have to tell you that having a 5:4 display makes me a very sad player.

Good luck with the map, though!
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Pretty sure at least half of the maps on osu are offscreen on 5:4 since even stuff thats inside the editor's grid is offscreen on 5:4. Rip Bakari ;c

Thanks for the encouragement ^^ The set will be qualified probably tomorrow.
Yohanes

Bakari wrote:

While it is true I have to tell you that having a 5:4 display makes me a very sad player.

Good luck with the map, though!
thats a pretty old school stuff you have there
-Sh1n1-

Monstrata wrote:

The set will be qualified probably tomorrow.
go go bro
Gero

~ Qualified ~
Winnie
First to say I was here after qualified easy boys but I'm not a mapper
Aurele
4 days ago

bye
DeletedUser_6709840
That was fast, congratz
Weedy
This is what i call a true jerk (´・◡・`)
Weber

Gabe wrote:

4 days ago

bye
SnowNiNo_
not even fast lol
congratz
Akitoshi
gratz!
Foxy Grandpa
congrazzles =w=b
-Sh1n1-
finally :3 Gratz
Shad0w1and
It took you 4 days XD
Haruto
shiett finally qualified

we did it guys 8-)
HabiHolic
Congratz!!!
Chromoxx
nice one!
Xinying
SASAGEYO

congrats
Mint
You won!
A r M i N
gz Mr. Sonic
_DT3
Finally, took long enough
headphonewearer
Hard
00:04:872 (1,2) - why is the ds so small here? its bigger at all the other parts basically, doesnt make any sense to me
00:17:247 (2,3) - if these are 3x, why is 00:17:622 (4,5) - 2,5x? 00:17:622 (4,5) - is even much more intense, so should be the opposite imo
00:18:560 (1) - this part is intense af. if you had such a high spacing at the previous parts i mentioned, why do you have it so low at other intense parts?
01:14:060 (3) - i would read this like it is on the red tick, and the upcoming slider to be on the white tick, maybe do something about that?
01:20:060 (1,2,1,2) - in my opinion these should be the same ds, i dont know if stuff like this are issues, its just stuff i disagree with

this occurs at like every diff thats over hard
01:06:747 - and 01:07:497 - actually has claps, so why didnt you hitsound them?
"normal-hitfinish2" sounds like something that would be used in a fort map, not in a medieval-themed anime opening. doesnt fit at all
also above 70% is a bit "ear-rape" with the default skin, especially with default hitsounds

these are some stuff i found that i didnt really agree with. i dont know if its dq worthy and im sure youll deny everything if you even respond.
Maruyu
here it comes
SnowNiNo_

Maruyu wrote:

here it comes
the free NM wave
Kynan
What's the explanation for such a high AR on this mapset ? And especially Haruto's diff ?
Maruyu

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

Maruyu wrote:

here it comes
the free NM wave
True modding starts when maps get qualified :p

oh, and @Kynan: p/5920064

Shad0w1and
Modern mapping cares way too much about the ds and spacing. That is not how mapping works and they does not help playing experience.
Yes the first step to mapping is to understand the spacing reflecting to the intensity. But it is not the only thing you look at a map.
Yuii-

Shad0w1and wrote:

Modern mapping cares way too much about the ds and spacing. That is not how mapping works and they does not help playing experience.
Yes the first step to mapping is to understand the spacing reflecting to the intensity. But it is not the only thing you look at a map.
Wait, wait, wait. Wait a second. You first said "spacing and ds are overrated nowadays," then "mapping doesn't work like that," and finally "you need to understand how spacing reflects the song in order to start mapping".

I am truly speechless, sir. Amazed.
show more