forum

[Archived] Timing issue, how exactly do I fix it?=

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JumpStream
Two questions:

This is actually my first post on the forum, and I just downloaded osu! yesterday. I had no clue such a huge and amazing community existed!
I was an offline stepmania player for years and it is amazing to see a rhythm community such as this. The only thing I'm having an issue with is the timing for songs. I could AAA some pretty difficult files in SM, but seem to have an issue even maintaining a 300 note accuracy in osu. I am running a Stepmania style theme with a DDR layout, but was having the same problem with even the standard osu! theme.

What I would like to do is know how exactly to fix the timing. I recorded my results down from an osu! song and that probably can dictate everything.

Here are five SS results from a song with the timings. All were done with sound off!

-10.36ms - 9.28ms avg
-7.52ms -13.07ms avg
-10.76ms -13.76ms avg
-8.83ms -9.40ms avg
-9.40ms -7.64ms avg

SECOND QUESTION:

Is there a way to view the actual scroll speed before you start the song and wait for the ghost arrow? I know there isn't a cmod, but it would be cool to see the scroll speed beforehand rather than hawkeyeing the arrow and smashing the f3/f4 keys before placing my hand.

Any help would be truly appreciated and thank you guys for being the community that you are!

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
I don't see what your problem is.
Topic Starter
JumpStream

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I don't see what your problem is.
It is primarily noticeable on streams, like 32nd and 64th streams/bursts. Even on plenty of 16th streams it is noticeable for me.

I am hitting way too many "greats" and it is constantly fluctuating between perfects and greats rather than fantastics and perfects.

Like, the main 4 star songs that are on the pack pages for osu! would be easy AAA's and SDG's on the Stepmania platform for me, even on Judge 5, but in Osu!, I am having results of 100x greats. That seems like an issue with the timing somehow in my actual game
Sandy Hoey
Ah, okay.

First off, since you are new to the forums, I would like to tell you that this is not the correct location to post this sort of question (I know, kind of deceiving with the title "Help"). This forum is actually for technical issues and bugs. G&R is better fit for your question

As for your issue, even though it is a similar game, it is still different and it may require you to get used to it before you start doing as well as you want. Otherwise, if you see a noticeable pattern in a map of hitting too early or too late, you can always change the offset of a map (- or + buttons) to compensate for any delay in your audio
Topic Starter
JumpStream

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Ah, okay.

First off, since you are new to the forums, I would like to tell you that this is not the correct location to post this sort of question (I know, kind of deceiving with the title "Help"). This forum is actually for technical issues and bugs. G&R is better fit for your question

As for your issue, even though it is a similar game, it is still different and it may require you to get used to it before you start doing as well as you want. Otherwise, if you see a noticeable pattern in a map of hitting too early or too late, you can always change the offset of a map (- or + buttons) to compensate for any delay in your audio

Where should I post it? There has to be a way to adjust the ini file properly to mimic stepmania as close as possible.
Revinous
Joda, you can see your scroll speed in the top right hand corner (That is if playing single player). I don't know if visible beforehand in multiplayer, also your stepmania skin might obfuscates it, but it will usually be displayed there.