forum

My First 1 Month of Playing Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NossyKun
Hi, My name is Nossykun, Aka Nos, Here i'd be sharing my personal experience in playing osu and hope to get some tips from the community.
As of right now i can tackle 5 star maps (barely) but i get confused at combos sometimes since it would make me panic and start aggresively tapping at the z and x keys

So the first thing i wanna share, well personally is my keyboard and mouse set-up, I use a light mouse for easier movement, and my mouse sensitivity is 1.60, and for keyboard i have a mechanical keyboard since the community told me to use a mechanical keyboard since tapping is more important than the mouse.

The first thing that ive noticed for playing for 1 month is beat is everything, Although it may sound like pretty obvious, i didnt really focus on the beat much as starting out, i was ur average trigger finger player that just wanted to do crazy fast maps, and as i hit 4 stars ive really realize that without focusing on the beat i wouldnt get anywhere so i spent all my time focusing on the beat and stickd to a motto that is ''The Beat will never lead u astray''

The second thing that ive realized for the past month of playing is that i needed to be patient, Me personally as the trigger finger i am i usually rush sliders so they always come out 100 or sometimes a fail, I didnt snap it at the end and always rushed it and its always the reason why i always fail some maps,

Right now im trying to improve on my combos and if someone would be kind enough to share some maps like ''Flower dance'' if be glad.
Thanks for the read, And if you have some tips on improving my osu, id gladly accept them.
-Makishima S-

Forum rules wrote:

Oh and one more thing: This forum isn't made for personal diaries and blogs.
Topic Starter
NossyKun
Hi, Yes the forum isnt made for personal diaries i just wanted to ask for tips while providing certain information about me, my playstyle and my accomplishments
Topic Starter
NossyKun

[Taiga] wrote:

Forum rules wrote:

Oh and one more thing: This forum isn't made for personal diaries and blogs.
Or is asking people on tips and beatmaps also not allowed?
hayate13
Wait, 226pp and 16 hours and u already play 5 star maps? Damn boi slow the fuck down. most people still play mid 2* to low 3*. If you want an advice play lower star man, u are not gonna finish a 5* map within your first 16 hours of play. why the hell new player these days are so damn unpatient.
PinkNightmares

NossyKun wrote:

As of right now i can tackle 5 star maps
Here we go again.

*Grabs Popcorn*
Topic Starter
NossyKun

hayate13 wrote:

Wait, 226pp and 16 hours and u already play 5 star maps? Damn boi slow the fuck down. most people still play mid 2* to low 3*. If you want an advice play lower star man, u are not gonna finish a 5* map within your first 16 hours of play. why the hell new player these days are so damn unpatient.
Well im not really impatient i just wanna test the waters you know, dip my foot in there, do a couple and try, Well when i play 2 to 3 i usually get bored but really trying to do hard maps n stuff gives me motivation to play, i just think ''wow someday i might be able to do that''
Topic Starter
NossyKun

B1oody wrote:

NossyKun wrote:

As of right now i can tackle 5 star maps
Here we go again.

*Grabs Popcorn*
xD well i can ''BARE'LY'' do it, Barely as in like i can do a couple but i cant finish it
N0thingSpecial
Blah blah blah play easier maps blah blah blah rhythm sense blah blah blah consistency blah blah blah fundamental blah blah blah reading blah blah blah play more
hayate13
Play high 2* until u can fc them easily, play more beatmaps, minimal of 1000 beatmaps on your osu!, i dont care if u got bored playing 2 star maps, play it till u can fc them easily after that u move to 3* beatmaps, then repeat the process. and someday u will be able to play 5* maps. But that day is not today not tomorrow and not even this month. and if u keep that bad habit of playing maps above your paygrade, maybe not even this year.
Topic Starter
NossyKun

hayate13 wrote:

Play high 2* until u can fc them easily, play more beatmaps, minimal of 1000 beatmaps on your osu!, i dont care if u got bored playing 2 star maps, play it till u can fc them easily after that u move to 3* beatmaps, then repeat the process. and someday u will be able to play 5* maps. But that day is not today not tomorrow and not even this month. and if u keep that bad habit of playing maps above your paygrade, maybe not even this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBZGa71PqN8&t=4s can you watch this and tell me what im doing wrong exactly? cuz i usually love it when i know exactly im doing wrong
hayate13
ive seen your video. Your hand is twitchy/unstable because you cannot read higher AR, and thus making your aim and jumps bad. u cant read the slider speed aswell. in short, pleas play slower maps first.
Topic Starter
NossyKun

hayate13 wrote:

ive seen your video. Your hand is twitchy/unstable because you cannot read higher AR, and thus making your aim and jumps bad. u cant read the slider speed aswell. in short, pleas play slower maps first.
OHHHHHHHHHH Thank you very much, I thought i just suck lol, and also ill try lower maps c:
JigglePhysic
look at my top ranks for beginner-friendly maps

Hibiya-chan
play more
Hiro-Senpai
Honestly at such times i want to do the "kms" action.
Well standard stuff... Play more.... Easier maps... Don't even touch 4* yet

oh and play more once again
Kyrari

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Blah blah blah play easier maps blah blah blah rhythm sense blah blah blah consistency blah blah blah fundamental blah blah blah reading blah blah blah play more
tl;dr play more
Zattano Zhed
And I thought I was jumping the gun with ez 4* maps... Based on your vid link I cant imagine you actually playing 5*. I'm just now getting then hang of AR9 and SLOWLY starting to even hit streams. and my play time is more than double yours within the same time frame.

I'm not going to tell you to go back to 2* but deff try to fc as many 3 stars as you can before jumping up. I wish Id have spent more time getting high acc fc's on high 2* and low 3* songs before I jumped to AR8+
Deva

hayate13 wrote:

and if u keep that bad habit of playing maps above your paygrade, maybe not even this year.
I'm sorry but this is utter bullshit

Play maps you can FC for accuracy and fast maps you can barely pass for speed, well mainly aim speed, you don't even need streams at this point
Nattsun

NossyKun wrote:

hayate13 wrote:

Well im not really impatient i just wanna test the waters you know, dip my foot in there, do a couple and try, Well when i play 2 to 3 i usually get bored but really trying to do hard maps n stuff gives me motivation to play, i just think ''wow someday i might be able to do that''
5* maps ain't safe waters for you. Everyone started swimming with swim wings*, start slow, you didn't jump off a board in your first day of swimming right?

You should see it like this, each star stands for a new pattern. 1* maps are simple, sliders+singletaps. 2* maps add a new pattern like triples or have diffrent circle sizes and this continues up until 5* maps. 5* maps require everything. The variety of 5* maps is insane and each mapping style is hard in its own way, heck most people can't even play all 4* maps, so take it slow.

*depending on the parenting your father just threw you in the water and said you won't drown
kai99
I didn't even
touch

4*

until

1500pp

ekkkkk
Hiro-Senpai
I think it's time to add something from me
The thread itself is riddiculous. I seriously think that the op has problems
I swear every player that thinks straight at his level of gameplay knows that 5 star maps are too much.
Heck when i was 200pp i was scared to even touch 3.5 star maps.

Boi go back to 2 stars and 3 stars.
End of story