forum

Tenacious D - BEELZEBOSS (THE FINAL SHOWDOWN)

posted
Total Posts
show more
F D Flourite
Some small points need reconsideration.

[CHALLENGE]
  1. 01:48:507 (1) - In fact 01:48:519 - is the more accurate timing point. You can change or keep the BPM whatever since it doesn't matter.
  2. 01:48:822 - accurate timing should be at 01:48:834 -
  3. 01:58:540 (1,2) - kinda curious what are you following here. If you're just merely following vocal, adding a finish there sounds kinda frustrating
  4. 03:32:755 (1) - should go for 03:32:789 -
  5. 03:50:558 (7) - no hitsound? at least a clap
call me back
Topic Starter
CookieBite

F D Flourite wrote:

Some small points need reconsideration.

[CHALLENGE]
  1. 01:48:507 (1) - In fact 01:48:519 - is the more accurate timing point. You can change or keep the BPM whatever since it doesn't matter. // fixed
  2. 01:48:822 - accurate timing should be at 01:48:834 - // fixed
  3. 01:58:540 (1,2) - kinda curious what are you following here. If you're just merely following vocal, adding a finish there sounds kinda frustrating // actually im following the instrument
  4. 03:32:755 (1) - should go for 03:32:789 - // fixed
  5. 03:50:558 (7) - no hitsound? at least a clap // fixed
call me back
thanks for recheck!
ah2190
I've been having a look at it, and while I suspect you intend this to be for the main OSU mode, it seems to work very well in both Takio and Mania modes. Especially Takio, as the BPM changes means certain notes move towards the point where you have to hit them at various rates, meaning some may go over others. Which for a challenging map, is something I am happy with.
Topic Starter
CookieBite

ah2190 wrote:

I've been having a look at it, and while I suspect you intend this to be for the main OSU mode, it seems to work very well in both Takio and Mania modes. Especially Takio, as the BPM changes means certain notes move towards the point where you have to hit them at various rates, meaning some may go over others. Which for a challenging map, is something I am happy with.
I made this intend for osu std because this is the only mode i could map lol
to be honest after what you said I kinda surprise it works well for other modes too
F D Flourite
Did another irc chat.

Hope this is the last timing check ;_;
Sonnyc
Both slider border and body colors must be manually set or not set. Setting only one may conflict with a user's custom skin choices.
According to this rule, you should be setting a slider border too.

02:55:384 (1) - I think using this slider shape along felt to be too abnormal to interact with the surrounding patterns. Unlike 02:18:743 (1) - 02:19:659 (1) - where the shape was used at a short period of time which created a concept, the usage here felt too random.
04:00:139 - 04:01:687 - Why did you ignored these rhythms? Other vocal parts like 04:03:236 - 04:07:881 - etc were expressed as circles which made the rhythm concepts quite inconsistent.

Great work, call me back for a rebubble.
Nao Tomori
wtf my rebubble got sniped -_-

edit: hey cookiebite let me rebubble instead of flourite so we can farm bn points!!!
Mir

:thinking:
Topic Starter
CookieBite

Sonnyc wrote:

Both slider border and body colors must be manually set or not set. Setting only one may conflict with a user's custom skin choices.
According to this rule, you should be setting a slider border too. // fixed

02:55:384 (1) - I think using this slider shape along felt to be too abnormal to interact with the surrounding patterns. Unlike 02:18:743 (1) - 02:19:659 (1) - where the shape was used at a short period of time which created a concept, the usage here felt too random. // changed it to straight slider
04:00:139 - 04:01:687 - Why did you ignored these rhythms? Other vocal parts like 04:03:236 - 04:07:881 - etc were expressed as circles which made the rhythm concepts quite inconsistent. // fixed by adding circles

Great work, call me back for a rebubble.
thanks for the check!

Naotoshi wrote:

wtf my rebubble got sniped -_-

edit: hey cookiebite let me rebubble instead of flourite so we can farm bn points!!!
did you guys did an agreement or sth because i don't want to make f d's hard work to be worthless
Sonnyc
yea, you can ask the previous bns for rebubbles xdxd
F D Flourite
I still have few BN points without a kd last month ;_;
Seijiro
Now that timing is good I guess I don't have much to say anymore

Qualified~

God, that banner in desc tilts me so hard
Weber
congrats on ranking some tenacious D!!!!!!
Topic Starter
CookieBite
omg this got approval when i was at school

Well, I hope that this is the end of this long approval journey.

Thanks to everyone's great support! Without your support, we couldn't have gotten this far!

Let's hope that we can get through this and straight shoot to approval!
Wishkey
Nice dude! 1 more week gogo
Myxo
Fuck you, this map is fucking great you fucker.
Kimitakari
F bomb
DeletedUser_4329079
sexy
fieryrage
the third "fuck" gives me an erection

kickapoo when
ice08311
恭喜 :)
Mindwaves
Incredible map.
Kyujuroku 96
I dont want to rain on your parade but Im pretty sure the artist is Tenacious D feat. Dave Grohl. Thats how appears credited in the soundtrack album and also in the film credits. I can provide an screenshot if needed since I have the flim somewhere but the imdb page is quite definite to my eyes
Topic Starter
CookieBite

Kyujuroku 96 wrote:

I dont want to rain on your parade but Im pretty sure the artist is Tenacious D feat. Dave Grohl. Thats how appears credited in the soundtrack album and also in the film credits. I can provide an screenshot if needed since I have the flim somewhere but the imdb page is quite definite to my eyes
From t/373162,
Please, do not use ANY of these sources unless you are desperate and unable to get anything more reliable.
  1. 6. Wikipedia/unofficial YouTube channels/Music databasses (like VGMDB or Discogs)
so the imdb page is not as reliable as mine since it's a databases website
Kyujuroku 96
Sorry but I have to disagree here. In the case of imdb, the credits are taken directly from the film, series, etc. Either way, I can provide a screenshot from the credits of the film if you want, as I said before
Topic Starter
CookieBite

Kyujuroku 96 wrote:

Sorry but I have to disagree here. In the case of imdb, the credits are taken directly from the film, series, etc. Either way, I can provide a screenshot from the credits of the film if you want, as I said before
it still a database website so :/
ok if you can bring me the credit scene
tho i think it should be fine as Dave Grohl is in the tags, right?
Shortthu

Kyujuroku 96 wrote:

also in the page:

CookieBite wrote:

tho i think it should be fine as Dave Grohl is in the tags, right?
ye let's put it in the tags