forum

Tips to pass Airman?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aspynix
Hello guys,

this is my first post in the osu! forums, so I apologize if there is anything I've done wrong. Also, I'm not quite sure if this is the right section. Whatever.

Let's get to my question/problem now. I have been playing for around 10/11 months actively and I think I'm definitely better at jumps than at streams. As I am someone who focuses more on passing hard beatmaps than FCing easier ones (even though I have farmed for around 2 months), I have been trying to pass Airman for around 4/5 months now. The thing is: I'm not feeling like I'm slowly getting in range, the map still feels unpassable and extremely hard to read. Because Airman is the only "famous" or "pro-relevant" beatmap I know with HP3, it's definitely the easiest to pass (correct me if I am wrong, if there's another beatmap which is easy to pass and still legendary for some reason please tell me lol). I have spammed the beatmap pretty hard and I'm near desperation. If there is any tip you have for me, please go ahead. I would really freak out if I could finally pass a Cookiezi-level beatmap. ;)

And "play more" is not an answer, I'm doing that already. Just saying.

Thanks for your responds!
legendary1107
Smokk
You already answered your question by saying that you feel like you're not ready yet. The other problem is, that you may have played Airman so many times, that you don't read it anymore properly and play it by pure muscle memory. This means that you copy your play over and over again. You should stick to other maps and come back to Airman 1 or 2 months later until you feel confident enough.
Topic Starter
Aspynix
Well then I can just quit osu for 2 months because my only goal is gone then. I'll probably never do it anyways.
7ambda
Read AR 10
Hiro-Senpai
man you have 1700pp there are lots of things before you, in between you and airman
Get good at jumps, streams. Work your way up steadily and then you will have a chance to pass it

Honestly to pass one map like this is a really shitty goal IMO
Topic Starter
Aspynix
Well that's just how I am. I guess I'll quit then and go back to League of Legends, at least you can measure your progress there
Endaris
Play it with HT to practice.
Also don't even try to hit the back and forths, just hit one side of them on the hardest patterns. The HP is easy enough to stay alive that way.
Hiro-Senpai

legendary1107 wrote:

I'll quit then and go back to League of Legends, at least you can measure your progress there
osu! has one of the best progress measurment systems in games, i don't know what are you talking about.
League of legends or other popular games are a team multiplayer games, exactly thats why they are not the best at measuring the player's individual skill

On the other hand, pp is a pretty damn good system at telling how well a player can do on avarage. It shows your highs and lows.
Getting a place on a rank leaderboard imo is one of the best features of osu!. Because then you know exactly where you stand and what it takes to gain higher ranking. You can easly check that just by checking what maps slightly higher ranked players can do.

But you know just a thought
Attenox
Map isn't even that hard cmon is HP3 if you can read AR10 decently you can pass it by just spamming most parts x)
Nattsun

legendary1107 wrote:

Well that's just how I am. I guess I'll quit then and go back to League of Legends, at least you can measure your progress there
The ranking system in osu! is more accurate than any ELO system.

Attenox wrote:

Map isn't even that hard cmon is HP3 if you can read AR10 decently you can pass it by just spamming most parts x)
There are plenty of 4 digits who can't read AR10, do you expect a rank ~99k to read AR10?
Sayorie
Woah there, careful with that edge, son.

There's nothing wrong with trying to pass airman, but there's nothing right either.

This is a rhythm game, and ideally if you follow the rhythm (and aim well), you'll be doing FCs with good accuracy. Passing hard maps is just you mashing pointlessly and giving yourself a false sense of progress.

Also I had 8 years of experience with League and rank there doesn't mean anything. There's no way to track your progress there (aside from third-party statistical sites). Even Dota 2 has personal statistics like average GPM, XPM, and CS which can tell you how well you're doing the basics in the game. They even have a web chart which tracks your playstyle.

legendary1107 wrote:

As I am someone who focuses more on passing hard beatmaps than FCing easier ones

And I hope you won't be stubborn, so please there are plenty of good jump maps around and above your skill level which you can practice on. Set aside that Airman first and do things properly.
Hibiya-chan

legendary1107 wrote:

As I am someone who focuses more on passing hard beatmaps than FCing easier ones
Play more 4* plz... they're not "hard" but they're also not "easy" for you. I'd like to see you FC them consistently first before jumping a huge gap in star level such as airman. Take it slow, it's not like ur gonna die tomorrow if you don't pass airman ASAP.

Oh and btw, when I said 4* I meant the 4.5*+ish since the FC'ed 4* maps I saw in your top plays are prolly ez farm maps
Deva
Airman is a quality map, you should try to pass big bleck next
Topic Starter
Aspynix
Interesting points right there, thank you all for your answers. I'll have to see if I really have the stamina and the time to practice for it in the long run. Still my one and only goal is to once pass a map that pros upload on YT and everyone is like "umg dis is so crezy shiet".

And I don't wanna start a discussion about the League ranking system, but I played for 4 years actively and I ended my first season unranked, then Bronze, then Silver, then Gold. It is a good system indeed.

Cya guys and remember to click the circles :^)
N0thingSpecial

legendary1107 wrote:

Play more worked for me. Just saying.

legendary1107 wrote:

You probably struggle just as hard keeping combo on a similar song length 4* maps let alone FCing them, and you think you have enough consistency to pass airman
Topic Starter
Aspynix
Well I made it to the last jumps a few times, so consistency is not the main problem I guess.

Whatever, responding to someone who thinks he is cool saying "play more" is wasted time anyways.
N0thingSpecial
Welcome to G&R where play more is the default answer to every question, may I be your guide?
Sayorie
league ranking system is crap
Bollocks. Silver, gold, diamond, whatever--it doesn't tell you how good you are individually when playing the game, and how good you've become over time. It just tells you how good you fare against other players. It simply puts you on the same bracket as people with the same theoretical skill level based on a calibration from your numerous matches. There's no performance values like average last hits, # of dewards, average KDA, etc. I have no idea I have improved, aside from knowing my rank. And even if I rank up, that doesn't mean I'm improving. I know a lot of friends who went from Plat to Diamond (just for that loading frame) and still can't CS or lane for shit.
Nattsun

Sayorie wrote:

Woah there, careful with that edge, son.

There's nothing wrong with trying to pass airman, but there's nothing right either.

This is a rhythm game, and ideally if you follow the rhythm (and aim well), you'll be doing FCs with good accuracy. Passing hard maps is just you mashing pointlessly and giving yourself a false sense of progress.

Also I had 8 years of experience with League and rank there doesn't mean anything. There's no way to track your progress there (aside from third-party statistical sites). Even Dota 2 has personal statistics like average GPM, XPM, and CS which can tell you how well you're doing the basics in the game. They even have a web chart which tracks your playstyle.

legendary1107 wrote:

And I hope you won't be stubborn, so please there are plenty of good jump maps around and above your skill level which you can practice on. Set aside that Airman first and do things properly.
I played league myself and was diamond 3 seasons in a row and those sites are absolutely trash. If my avg cs/10m is ~80 it doesn't mean shit if I play jungle only. Sites like lolskill were absolute trash. No way can a gold player play a champion better than a diamond player, no matter if he gets a pentakill every second round with his champion, it means shit if you play against noobs. Anything below D1 was trash anyway, honestly even in masters they did plenty of mistakes, people start getting good at challenger with 600lp+, but that's another story.

PS: Not implying that I was there, I was just hovering in low diamond cuz I couldn't motivate myself to continue grinding. I usually quit after hitting diamond.
Sayorie

legendary1107 wrote:

Well I made it to the last jumps a few times, so consistency is not the main problem I guess.
Haha NO

legendary1107 wrote:

Whatever, responding to someone who thinks he is cool saying "play more" is wasted time anyways.
There's no secret trick to it, really. Just play more. Unless you're stuck for decades or something, we really don't want to spoonfeed you every single thing you have to do just because you didn't want to experiment and find your own preferences and comfort zones. :ugh:
JeromeTT

Attenox wrote:

Am I the only one that finds Airman very difficult?
Hibiya-chan

JeromeTT wrote:

Attenox wrote:

saem
[ Bodex ]
But seriously, the only real tip is to PLAY MORE. You literally only have like just close to 10k playcounts.

I'm basically like you, I prefer to focus on passing harder maps than FCing those 5* maps. (for some reason i keep playing with auto pilot now lmao)

I mean you can't except us to go saying 'Get a better computer' as if that will help you pass airman.

The reason why you can't pass airman is obviously because you aren't good enough yet, so now you're gonna ask how do I become good enough to pass the
map? You basically just practice which is by playing more.

IMO airman is a harder map to read than some other ar10 maps I play (no idea why) so you gotta take it slow. There's really no point rushing to improve, just enjoy the game.
-Makishima S-
League system is garbage as motherfuck because it doesn't take into consideration your personal skill while every game is pure RNG towards teammates which... can do whatever they want, ELO system is pure RNG because... read before - every match is a fuckin RNG. Good days for LOL ended in S3 where skill in champion = ability to carry. Now every garbo kiddo pick tank, build fucktons of armor, mress and deal damage like assassin without single dmg item. End of topic. League as a game is fuckin garbage - League of Fucktards welcome you to game where every single shitter can fuck your mother 10 times per match, wish you cancer etc. Just garbo trash game for braindamaged people or sadomasochists.

osu! ranking system focus on personal skill which is flawless.

Airman can be mashed but give me a single, logical reason why you want to mash it instead of progressing up, getting required skill and passing it properly?
Deva

[Taiga] wrote:

League system is garbage as motherfuck because it doesn't take into consideration your personal skill while every game is pure RNG towards teammates which... can do whatever they want, ELO system is pure RNG because... read before - every match is a fuckin RNG. Good days for LOL ended in S3 where skill in champion = ability to carry. Now every garbo kiddo pick tank, build fucktons of armor, mress and deal damage like assassin without single dmg item. End of topic. League as a game is fuckin garbage - League of Fucktards welcome you to game where every single shitter can fuck your mother 10 times per match, wish you cancer etc. Just garbo trash game for braindamaged people or sadomasochists.

Airman can be mashed but give me a single, logical reason why you want to mash it instead of progressing up, getting required skill and passing it properly?
Play more OD10 streams.
-Makishima S-
FU, when i achieve 99% OD9 deathstream, then maybe.
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

^That on the other hand is bullshit. Your teammates are RNG yes, but you can always carry the games 1v5. There is a reason why I climbed to diamond with multiple accounts, if you suck you suck, deal with it.
Attenox

JeromeTT wrote:

Attenox wrote:

It shouldn't be that hard considering your rank.

Cirno9 wrote:

There are plenty of 4 digits who can't read AR10, do you expect a rank ~99k to read AR10?
Well is not like you need Godlike AR10 reading skills to pass Airman, it's only HP3. Depends how good your aim is tho considering all map is just jumps.
Also never seen any 4 digit who can't do AR10 and I'm pretty sure anyone at that rank can easily pass it with HR. I can't see why not.
Nattsun

Attenox wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

Well is not like you need Godlike AR10 reading skills to pass Airman, it's only HP3. Depends how good your aim is tho considering all map is just jumps.
Also never seen any 4 digit who can't do AR10 and I'm pretty sure anyone at that rank can easily pass it with HR. I can't see why not.
So you met the few 4 digits who claim that they can. The amount obviously increases the better their rank is, but there aren't many from 10k-5k.
CXu
If all you want to do is pass airman then what you do is to just not play it.

What satisfaction you get from that though, I dunno. It's not exactly an impressive thing to do compared to properly playing the map because of the low HP.
Nattsun

CXu wrote:

If all you want to do is pass airman then what you do is to just not play it.

What satisfaction you get from that though, I dunno. It's not exactly an impressive thing to do compared to properly playing the map because of the low HP.
Your hp control is so good /s, CXu next Ming confirmed?
Buster
Get Leaf Shield
Deva

[Taiga] wrote:

FU, when i achieve 99% OD9 deathstream, then maybe.
No RSI from all that acc training yet?
-Makishima S-

Cirno9 wrote:

^That on the other hand is bullshit. Your teammates are RNG yes, but you can always carry the games 1v5. There is a reason why I climbed to diamond with multiple accounts, if you suck you suck, deal with it.
xxxDDDDDD

You realize at what state is league of fucktards? Kids without hands and brain can climb to diamond so nuff said. Pick whatever tank like Poppy, build fucktons of armour and mress and still deal dmg like assassin. I am typical Dota player who have close friend playing this garbage game in master and we both agree - master in league is like bronze, just people are more toxic and ragequiting in first 5 min of the match. No, you cannot carry alone, not if your interest is other than meta, at this moment FORCED meta.

Stop being ridiculus xDDD

Sorry for offtop.
Nattsun

[Taiga] wrote:

Cirno9 wrote:

xxxDDDDDD

You realize at what state is league of fucktards? Kids without hands and brain can climb to diamond so nuff said. Pick whatever tank like Poppy, build fucktons of armour and mress and still deal dmg like assassin. I am typical Dota player who have close friend playing this garbage game in master and we both agree - master in league is like bronze, just people are more toxic and ragequiting in first 5 min of the match. No, you cannot carry alone, not if your interest is other than meta, at this moment FORCED meta.

Sorry for offtop.
I quit when S6 ended and I could've climb support only to diamond smh... I still don't agree with you, but that's the reason I quit, the balancing sucks, riot decided to make point and click stronger than skillheavy champs.

If you couldn't climb you were bad, deal with it. No point in arguing now.
Sayorie
Off topic but...
I quit league after so many years because all of it is bullshit now. Too many frequent game-changing patches prove too unforgiving to players who only play periodically, the whole meta is being forced by the devs, and the game is too objective-driven which punishes teams with horrible allies, aside from Dota 2 where you can carry 1v9 if you're really good. League esports is getting stale, too. Also too little interaction between global regions, making Koreans keep their overlord status for 4 years.

Who gives a shit if you're diamond, rank is trash anyway.
Fxjlk

[Taiga] wrote:

xxxDDDDDD

Sorry for offtop.
The meta is only forced if you are only playing for elo, which is the most unsatisfying way to play the game. Its like playing only for pp on osu and it can get really boring focusing on ranks and not on the beauty of the game mechanics. You can still climb pretty hard playing non meta champs/builds if you understand the game and have the right mindset.

Getting rage quitters is like shitmissing on osu, its annoying but if you focus too much on it you will believe its the system thats holding you back when all thats holding you back is yourself. Focusing on negatives is good as its what helps you improve but focusing on negatives out of your control is a waste of time.
show more