forum

Where do mouse only players leave their other hand?

posted
Total Posts
show more
diggydumdum
hmm right hand on mouse, left hand on some buttons. (;`
kriers

sakuravs wrote:

unless you have already known, to play hard & insane maps optimally you need your left fingers on keyboard for the beat and right hand on the mouse for cursor movement only.
Apparently you haven't heard of good mouse only players :?
thelewa
Obviously mouseonly players have only 1 hand
F m L_old

ragelewa wrote:

Obviously mouseonly players have only 1 hand
not everyone
xRayne
my left hand is on the f/g keys (but mostly G)
machomuu

sakuravs wrote:

unless you have already known, to play hard & insane maps optimally you need your left fingers on keyboard for the beat and right hand on the mouse for cursor movement only.
Not necessarily, a good mouse only player can clear stacks and streams without using the keyboard, regardless of the length of the stack/stream.
F m L_old
On z/x for no reason sometimes on esc key
Darkpira7e
Mine just sit on WASD like I'm playing COunter-Strike....helps with consistency I feel.
Locher
on my playing hand, so i can secure and stabilize the movement.
High DPI results in high instability
Dieathan
Around the Z and X keys so I can easily reach the Esc key when I need to.
I don't ever use the Z or X keys regardless because I suck at using them.
kriers

Locher wrote:

on my playing hand, so i can secure and stabilize the movement.
High DPI results in high instability
lolwat

use lower dpi >_>
Tkmi_old
on the "ESC" key lol.
Nightfirecat
I hardly pay attention to it. Sometimes, I lean on my arm, with my elbow on my desk, sometimes I just lay my arm on my desk, sometimes I just leave it floating around the keyboard somewhere, to be closer to the "esc" key.
laport
when i'm playing mouse only, I either smoke or rest my head with the other hand
AKzawa
Either on WASD key, or sometimes, at random places. I do however stick my left arm on the edge of the desk
RaneFire
How did you...? Oh nevermind.

On my desk in front because I have a swivel-chair. Need to stay still.
Mouse4 is my "esc" button.

When it's late: Elbow on desk and hand in front of my eyes with slat fingers because I'm squinting at the screen.

And sometimes I have an itch in a certain place that needs constant attention.

If I have a cup of coffee in front of me, my hand stays on the cup and I end up taking a sip at every break or every missed note, I finish this really fast. :(
Mara
I drink cola with the other hand.
Minty Gum
I'm out of the habit of using z/x because I can get a better rhythm if I tap each note individually with my hand instead, but I leave my left hand on z/x out of habit. Tried moving my hand into my lap, it felt unnatural.
Kanye West
Usually on my keyboard so I can hit escape and retry or if there's an unexpected fast stream
Avner
sometimes i put my hand on the table, or at esc button, so i can pause and re adjust my position and that's why i'm weak when multiplayer
or sometimes in my pants, serious
Aoitenshi
I put my other hand against my chest. I love to draw my body against the table, since it's a bit uncomfortable, I use my left hand as a 'Pillow' to my chest.
Jackyyy
Under my thigh to warm it up cause its always cold :(
Aoko
Escape button to retry right away lol.
-Athena-
Usually on my lap when I'm playing lazy.
It could be anywhere when I'm serious though.

(Most often the esc key/ a random part of the keyboard/ resting on desk/ supporting my head with elbow on desk.)
SpartanM477
Doing that good-ass Yosakoi dance~

lol, jk. It's usually on the escape button, or just at the side of my laptop. Cause I always play this game while lying down.
aBunny
If I have something to eat, I eat with my left hand and play with my right hand
E m i
Wow, thanks for necroing this thread.
I rarely play mouse only anymore, but when I do, I often use my left hand to ingest caffeine. And creatine, and vitamins, and minerals, and protein, and carbs, and fat, and water... Whatever I need.
Same with relax on tablet.
ZenithPhantasm
Between my legs