forum

[resolved] Hit error being weird

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JeromeTT
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7692383

Not sure how to explain this, but look at the hit error bar in the link, the steps look incremental. This just started happening recently and im not sure why.

Im on the latest stable version b20170222.3 (Stable)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Does this happen when your frame limiter is turned to "Unlimited" ? It seems to be on.
Topic Starter
JeromeTT
I checked again just now and everything is normal on both Unlimited and 120 frames. I doubt this issue is one time issue, I've had several like this in the past.
Full Tablet
It is dependent on the map's BPM (the time between notes must be a multiple of the frame time you are playing with, in the case of 120fps, it must be a multiple of 8.333... ms). The game always detects your timing in a way that is limited by your fps, but only in some BPMs you can see the gaps between the steps clearly.

Increasing your fps makes the game detect your inputs more accurately.
Topic Starter
JeromeTT

Full Tablet wrote:

It is dependent on the map's BPM (the time between notes must be a multiple of the frame time you are playing with, in the case of 120fps, it must be a multiple of 8.333... ms). The game always detects your timing in a way that is limited by your fps, but only in some BPMs you can see the gaps between the steps clearly.

Increasing your fps makes the game detect your inputs more accurately.
Ahhhh... i see... problem solved.