forum

how to not suck and get worst everytime you play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
True Mythical
plz
Hibiya-chan
play well more
hayate13

Hibiya-chan wrote:

play well more
git gud
JeromeTT
You can not suck my getting some super-glue and squirting some on your lips then sealing them shut. This makes sure that no air can enter through the mouth. Then you can try as hard as you want to suck but you can't. Boom, problem solved.

On a serious note, if you find that you are randomly sucking stuff with your mouth while playing, consider visiting your local doctor to get your condition diagnosed.
Hiro-Senpai
Become a ghost, then you cant get stuck in anything. You know going through walls, sick skill to have
kai99

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Become a ghost, then you cant get stuck in anything. You know going through walls, sick skill to have
Hiro-Senpai

kai99 wrote:

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I literally don't know why i read how to not stuck in the title
But honestly the ghost thingy applies to everything in such threads xD
Attenox
Stop retrying maps
Blitzfrog
The reason you get worse and worse each time you retry is because of exhaustion.

Consider the last time you were exhausted, which may have been 20 years ago, do you think you can throw lightning speed punches at good precision? Hell no.

Same thing with retrying, granted the example above is exaggerated. Now what is even worse is that your muscle memory is taking in whatever you're doing, in the case of exhaustion, the wrong stuff. So which means the next time you try this map fresh, your muscles move wrong since you have practised wrong.

You might wonder why is it people like GN gets better the more he retried, it's because he has a much higher stamina than you, both mental and physical. Note mental stamina means being able to stay concentrated throughout the song and not wondering your mind off.

In short take breaks and don't feed your muscle memory wrong info
Nattsun

Blitzfrog wrote:

The reason you get worse and worse each time you retry is because of exhaustion.

Consider the last time you were exhausted, which may have been 20 years ago, do you think you can throw lightning speed punches at good precision? Hell no.

Same thing with retrying, granted the example above is exaggerated. Now what is even worse is that your muscle memory is taking in whatever you're doing, in the case of exhaustion, the wrong stuff. So which means the next time you try this map fresh, your muscles move wrong since you have practised wrong.

You might wonder why is it people like GN gets better the more he retried, it's because he has a much higher stamina than you, both mental and physical. Note mental stamina means being able to stay concentrated throughout the song and not wondering your mind off.

In short take breaks and don't feed your muscle memory wrong info
-GN is playing on a complete diffrent level anyway. With his skillset he can adapt to harder stuff if he retries, if your skillset is nonexistent don't retry.
Sayorie
Take a break, play a bit more, I don't know. Someday you'll get that pp rain too.
Comfy Slippers

Sayorie wrote:

Take a break
Never do this
Sandy Hoey

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Sayorie wrote:

Take a break
Never do this
Never do this 8-)
Do do Sayorie's advice
Sometimes, you just need a mental break and not playing for a week can really help with that. There are many instances in my own play where I take a week or two off for vacation or something and come back and play really well
Comfy Slippers
No you don't. Whenever you're angry or just feel bad about your play -- take a deep breath and remember that you're playing to improve and not to get that sweet PP.
Hibiya-chan

Comfy Slippers wrote:

No you don't. Whenever you're angry or just feel bad about your play -- take a deep breath and remember that you're playing to improve and not to get that sweet PP.
Imo, playing without the fun in it will just cause you stress, whether ur playing for improvement or pp. Unless you find fun in those things I said tho, ur ok but if no, ur just tiring yourself for absolutely no damn reason and if you get stresed out, it'll be a factor to hinder your improvement (pretty funny how playing for improvement without the motivation to do so will end you up the other way around huh?).
Sandy Hoey

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Looks like the "take a break" strategy has done pretty well for Sayorie, Hibiya-Chan, and myself. How has your strategy worked out for you...
N0thingSpecial

Comfy Slippers wrote:

I hyperventilate
Pleinair
i
Comfy Slippers

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Looks like the "take a break" strategy has done pretty well for Sayorie, Hibiya-Chan, and myself. How has your strategy worked out for you...
pretty good, got better acc on spaced streams, got more accustomed to higher OD maps and saw all around progress.. while in downtime none of that would of happened-- probably eventually, but why postpone and risk a hit on consistency and good habits i inherited? i cant cruise through ranks cause my peripherals arent the best per se

if a simple game like osu is causing such stress to somebody, than that person should not be playing at all if their goal is mainly rank/PP .. bad plays and play all around happen to everyone (regardless of mental status), and i feel its best to play through that, there may not even be right or wrong here, just something i suggest :^)
Hibiya-chan

Comfy Slippers wrote:

pretty good, got better acc on spaced streams, got more accustomed to higher OD maps and saw all around progress.. while in downtime none of that would of happened-- probably eventually, but why postpone and risk a hit on consistency and good habits i inherited? i cant cruise through ranks cause my peripherals arent the best per se
My peripherals are prolly worse than yours since I can't imagine equips that can suck more than mine. Even though that's the case, I still manage to break through walls that I encounter and tbh, I alr took a month hiatus for about 3 times now since I got rly busy with school at certain times in the past year and can't afford time to play. Again, even though that's the case, when I started playing again, it just took me a day or few to get back on track (there are even times I got better than before). It's rly just experience, by playing more.
Sayorie

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Sayorie wrote:

Take a break
Never do this
I don't know why I'm laughing omg

ok senpai
KupcaH

Comfy Slippers wrote:

Sayorie wrote:

Take a break
Never do this
:thinking:
Comfy Slippers
@hibiya-chan
i understand where you're going with this, but just try and imagion what could have happened if you didn't stop
Sayorie

Comfy Slippers wrote:

@hibiya-chan
i understand where you're going with this, but just try and imagion what could have happened if you didn't stop
But you don't stop. You're just taking a rest for some while. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Comfy Slippers
taking rest = not playing, at least thats how it works in gaming
Sayorie
Nice graph you got there for never taking a break
kai99
To be quite frank, taking breaks isn't that good of an idea. I've not played for two days and I'm not sure I can pass the maps I did two days ago.
But, taking a break does help your mental health for sure. I can take a break as long as I want, and go back to the game later with more motivation. That does help a lot.
Sayorie

kai99 wrote:

To be quite frank, taking breaks isn't that good of an idea. I've not played for two days and I'm not sure I can pass the maps I did two days ago.
But, taking a break does help your mental health for sure. I can take a break as long as I want, and go back to the game later with more motivation. That does help a lot.
Which means you haven't improved enough to pass those maps yet. Heck, I take months of breaks and I always come back with higher scores. Maybe it is your process of improvement which is inefficient, I have no idea.

If you refuse to take breaks, then probably it's addiction.
kai99

Sayorie wrote:

Which means you haven't improved enough to pass those maps yet.
yeah that's true tbh
Edgar_Figaro
I take breaks all the time. I generally play to physical exhaustion where my muscles are groaning. Then I take a day or two break for my hands to recover, when I come back my hands are faster and have more stamina than before. Kinda like if you are weight-lifting the best way to build muscles is to exhaust yourself and then take breaks. Back when I first started I was playing OsuStandard and was of the mindset that I needed to play every day. Well you can just look at my playcount vs difficulty of songs I played to realize that didn't work well.

When I got burned out on standard and started playing Taiko & Mania I went for the approach instead that I listed above. I've only played a fraction what I did in Osu standard but I am already up to a much higher caliber of play skill in each than I ever was in Osu Standard. Granted having played Standard first did probably jumpstart my skill progression as I was used to rhythmically timing hitting keys on the keyboard, but I honestly believe it wouldn't have been to the same degree if I had done what I did with standard never taking breaks.