forum

How to play taiko

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DNKorigin
Guys, how to play this gamemode? This is hardest mode in game for me (mania hard for me too, but not in osu I can play 4k). Can playmore strategy help me in improvement? How did u start play good in this mode? :( :( :( :(
Attenox
Same problem here. It's just impossible to play ._.
KupcaH
How to play mania

EDIT: How to play osu!
johnmedina999
To play taiko you probably need to start alternating because at the higher levels you simply cannot singletap.
You can either alternate between both hands using the default setup or map the red beats to one hand and the blue ones to the other.
Taiko looks really hard to read, though, and I am 99% certain that everyone in the Taiko world cup is a robot.
Comfy Slippers
get a good monitor
Edgar_Figaro
lots of things that you can do to improve. Most important to see what is hard for you to know how to improve. Is it the speed, the reading, the note accuracy, ect.

btw should move this to the Taiko sub-forum so more Taiko people see it
Endaris
Check the training manual:
t/175867&start=0
Nattsun

johnmedina999 wrote:

To play taiko you probably need to start alternating because at the higher levels you simply cannot singletap.
You can either alternate between both hands using the default setup or map the red beats to one hand and the blue ones to the other.
Taiko looks really hard to read, though, and I am 99% certain that everyone in the Taiko world cup is a robot.
Being Asian helps usually.
Topic Starter
DNKorigin
After some play I started read 2 star maps. But I can't do anything in 3 stars. Is Taiko gamemode about learning patterns?
Stefan

DNKorigin wrote:

Asian... After some play I started read 2 star maps. But I can't do anything in 3 stars. Is Taiko gamemode about learning patterns?
Generally I wouldn't listen to such comments like Cirno9. Let me give some actual and serious tips:

1. Do not play converts - they have very few to zero learning effect and won't introduce you properly to the Taiko mode. You notice if a beat map is a convert if this marking https://derpovic.s-ul.eu/75sWPZGZ.png is missing.
  2. Instead of forcing yourself into Oni difficulties (these are Insane difficulties like in standard), start with Kantan and Futsuu difficulties (they are the Easy/Beginner and Normal difficulties of Taiko) which are designed to learn simple pattern - to your question: it is indeed mostly about learning pattern, therefore it's highly recommend to play the easier difficulties to have a feeling for them, for the most time the more common pattern like d d k and k d k are introduced.
  3. Take your time - don't just give up after one week and keep playing. Not for the improvement but just for the fun and to enjoy songs you like to play. Taiko has a really rough start but becomes way easier than it looks, trust me.

Endaris wrote:

Check the training manual:
t/175867&start=0
This also work well and help you for the begin but personally I'd say it's better to also get along with real maps since they're more realistic having many different pattern you need to play and have a better learning effect if you ask me.

I hope you can consider anything of these tips.
kai99

johnmedina999 wrote:

I am 99% certain that everyone in the Taiko world cup is a robot.
edit: i also second the idea you go to taiko subforums.
Edgar_Figaro

Stefan wrote:

[*]Take your time - don't just give up after one week and keep playing. Not for the improvement but just for the fun and to enjoy songs you like to play. Taiko has a really rough start but becomes way easier than it looks, trust me.[/list]
Honestly the best advice anyone could give to someone new to Taiko. Taiko has the steepest initial learning curve of all the gamemodes (especially due to the harsher OD windows) but once you start to get used to it the skill progression is a lot smoother. I think too many are initially discouraged and give up.

Once you get good enough you stop seeing every note but just see patterns of notes scrolling.
Topic Starter
DNKorigin
So, can playmore help me?
Topic Starter
DNKorigin
If someone give me Taiko no Tatsujin Hp bar, I will be thankful

Thank a lot everyone who tried to help newbie. Sometime I'll good player :)

(poor eng I know)
Lixar
With practice, like Osu! Standard. I wasnt good at taiko, but now I am doing improvements there.Slow, but secure.

However, Osu! Mania will be always my nightmare
Topic Starter
DNKorigin
old post
Rossi
fc oni is already good. Dont play like _yu68, shinchikuhome, applers and other DT Inner player. They are not human xD
dont force yourself to being them. Dont more retry when you play. Play that map until end, and you may try again

just tips~ :)
good luck
mulraf
1. press one key for blue stuff, press the other key for red stuff, press both red/both blue for big stuff.
2. post in taiko section
3. ???
4. profit