forum

ignore this heck man

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChalkMaorris123
can we stop posting now? I get that I'm bad and shouldn't have 1000PP, I didn't need this argument and stuff going on lol
Hiro-Senpai
I have a great idea.

MAYBE STOP PLAYING MAPS THAT ARE TOO HARD FOR YOUR SKILL
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
you know just a thought

The acc on your scores is so bad that i want to puke.

You can always try to fiddle a bit with the offset, but i don't think it will help in this case. The "too hard too quick" disease is strong in this one
N0thingSpecial
Lol I can FC max control easily if I'm actually good I feel your pain bruh

bruh you have zero consistency from not FCing easier maps and you expect to be consistent on hard maps, think again.
kai99
lmao aim for fc/being consistent and not just passes pls.
sometimes i really wonder if the pp system is broken b/c these types of people are over 1k pp and they really logically shouldn't be.
Nattsun

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I have a great idea.

MAYBE STOP PLAYING MAPS THAT ARE TOO HARD FOR YOUR SKILL
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
you know just a thought

The acc on your scores is so bad that i want to puke.

You can always try to fiddle a bit with the offset, but i don't think it will help in this case. The "too hard too quick" disease is strong in this one
FTFY.

The forums aren't a good place for people with common sense, leave. Hiro-Senpai, please...
Hiro-Senpai
You know at this point i dont care. Like maybe 8 months ago i really tried to help every player i ve seen in a really calm way. But thats over. Hundreds of such threads and people never learn. It is even worse if the players that create such threads start arguing with players that want to help them about how can they play 6* maps. (I don't think the op of this post is like this)

But i would love that players would use a bit of common sense in matter of difficulty and progression. There is very little we as the players can do for the op to help him, bcuz osu! is highly skill based purerly individual game. There are some things that are worth telling to other people but it is just a 5% of the success. Rest of percentage is proper practice and playing with having a good mindset.
Attenox
Play easier stuff and get more consistent
Improve acc
Blitzfrog
Just a quick brief of muscle memory

Muscle memory doesn't distinguish from a bad performance and a good performance. Hence when you can't accurate judge each one of your movements, (e.g. when you're playing songs that are too fast for you) you will not be able to give responses to each movement. However, your muscle memory doesn't care, it simply registers whatever movement you have fed it. Ever heard of "to master any skill, spend 10,000 hours on it"? Well that quote is only half true, because if you spend 10,000 hours practising the wrong stuff, you will be a master at doing the wrong stuff. So make sure you play songs where you can accurately judge whether you hit that note right or not, every single note throughout the song. This is usually around 85%+ imo, but others will usually say around 95% it doesn't really matter but so long as you are able to judge and give feedback to your movements.
Hibiya-chan
fix acc plzz
Nattsun

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

You know at this point i dont care. Like maybe 8 months ago i really tried to help every player i ve seen in a really calm way. But thats over. Hundreds of such threads and people never learn. It is even worse if the players that create such threads start arguing with players that want to help them about how can they play 6* maps. (I don't think the op of this post is like this)

But i would love that players would use a bit of common sense in matter of difficulty and progression. There is very little we as the players can do for the op to help him, bcuz osu! is highly skill based purerly individual game. There are some things that are worth telling to other people but it is just a 5% of the success. Rest of percentage is proper practice and playing with having a good mindset.
Thing is, there are ways to improve faster. "Play more" will always help improving, but if you want to learn triples for example, a triple practice map like "angelic layer" will help you to improve faster. And that is the point where we as more expierienced players should help newbies, but as you pointed out already, if players want to skip 10 stages of the game they will find themselves in a spot where they don't want to be.
Topic Starter
ChalkMaorris123
Well I appreciate the feedback, But since I'm spoiled by playing hard maps, Easier maps are difficult now. I can't play anything lower than AR9 because I just constantly miss or get infinite 100's, and if I do HR the notes are too small for me to hit. So I see no way of me being able to improve without playing the maps I cannot get any good accuracy on. On the other hand I can not find a pen grip that doesn't make my fingers lock up after 2 minutes of gameplay or actually be able to hit notes. Also, my keyboard has razer greens (I don't think I need to explain why that's a bad thing.)
Endaris

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

It can be more productive to not post with that attitude.
I can relate but "that specific idiot" should not have to suffer from your experience with previous idiots.
There are still people with dumb premises that are very willing to take advice and need nothing but a bit of change in their mindset — puking on them in public will greatly reduce their receptiveness to your advice and give you the impression that the idiots are becoming more and more even though it is you who is the idiot.
7ambda

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

You know at this moment I have always cared. Most certainly 8 months ago I lazily tried to assist a few players I've not seen in a somewhat angry way. But it's not over. A few such threads and people always learn. It is even better when the players that create such discussions never argue with players that want to slander them about how can they play 6* maps. (I think the op of this post isn't like this)

But I do despise that players wouldn't use a lot of retardation in matter of easiness and decline. There is a lot you as the players cannot do for the op to help her, bcuz osu! is low-ability based mixed multiplayer game. There has never been anything that was worth typing to yourself but it is a 95% of the failure. Rest of percentage is poor training and playing with having a bad mindset.

Endaris wrote:

I can relate but "that specific idiot" should not have to suffer from your experience with previous idiots.
There are still people with dumb premises that are very willing to take advice and need nothing but a bit of change in their mindset — puking on them in public will greatly reduce their receptiveness to your advice and give you the impression that the idiots are becoming more and more even though it is you who is the idiot.
It can be less wasteful to post with that attitude.
I can't relate, and "that intelligent gentlemen" should benefit from my experience with future geniuses.
There have always been people with smart conclusions that aren't willing to take advice and require a lot of change in their mindset — complimenting them in private would minutely increase their receptiveness to my libel and give myself the impression that the geniuses are becoming less and less even though it is myself that is the idiot.
Hiro-Senpai

Endaris wrote:

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Sure daddy, won't happen anymore.
Thanks to you for calling me an idiot, felt good
Endaris

ChalkMaorris123 wrote:

Well I appreciate the feedback, But since I'm spoiled by playing hard maps, Easier maps are difficult now. I can't play anything lower than AR9 because I just constantly miss or get infinite 100's, and if I do HR the notes are too small for me to hit. So I see no way of me being able to improve without playing the maps I cannot get any good accuracy on. On the other hand I can not find a pen grip that doesn't make my fingers lock up after 2 minutes of gameplay or actually be able to hit notes. Also, my keyboard has razer greens (I don't think I need to explain why that's a bad thing.)
What is the difference between hard and easy maps then?
You cannot get good accuracy on either so you may as well try to get good accuracy on the hard AND the easy maps because as you correctly observed:
I see no way of me being able to improve without playing the maps I cannot get any good accuracy on.
The reason is that you don't want to even though you didn't tell us yet why.

Generally speaking:
Don't change your hardwaresettings just because you had a bad day or two. Being consistent after adjusting is much harder compared to the situation when you kept your settings. A change of hardware settings should always relate to a mid- or longterm observation of a certain problem that you can't solve through playing more and based on a well-educated how your change can positively affect your skill.

/edit:
@Fir3tar/Hiiro: Idiot and genius aren't opposite terms. In fact a idiot can very well be a genius. "Idiot" means nothing but a person who is obsessed with an idea that the community doesn't understand/share for whatever reason.
Topic Starter
ChalkMaorris123
Generally speaking:
Don't change your hardwaresettings just because you had a bad day or two. Being consistent after adjusting is much harder compared to the situation when you kept your settings. A change of hardware settings should always relate to a mid- or longterm observation of a certain problem that you can't solve through playing more and based on a well-educated how your change can positively affect your skill.
I keep my area the same always. But any pengrip I try, including my natural one, Makes my fingers lock up or not cover my entire area, shakes, slips or just constantly misses notes. If I move my fingers down (Since my natural grips are halfway up the pen) it does not work because low pen grips do not go well with large areas.
Hiro-Senpai
Cool stuff Endaris, but honestly in my eyes you are just trying to look smart now
Should i write an apology or something?

edit.

ChalkMaorris123 you can try to drag on the surface if you are hovering, it helped me a lot so it might help you too
Endaris
*sigh*
no
i should just stop posting
7ambda

Endaris wrote:

/edit:
@Fir3tar/Hiiro: Idiot and genius aren't opposite terms. In fact a idiot can very well be a genius. "Idiot" means nothing but a person who is obsessed with an idea that the community doesn't understand/share for whatever reason.
By definition, I'm right.

Hiro-Senpai
^I trust this dictionary. It confirms my true nature

And honestly this conversation is great to read while watching The Office
kai99
i seriously lose motivation to come on forums & to play this game when i see posts like this

i try so hard and these people qq'ing about how they're bad at the game while they're clearly doing something wrong
while having similar pp to what i have..
how did they even climb i swear something's broken in this system
Hiro-Senpai

kai99 wrote:

i seriously lose motivation to come on forums & to play this game when i see posts like this

i try so hard and these people qq'ing about how they're bad at the game while they're clearly doing something wrong
Well maybe you are doing something wrong too, maybe you too need some help :)
Comfy Slippers
You'll see progress when you stop being a leftist :^p
kai99

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

kai99 wrote:

lmao maybe.
Nattsun

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

kai99 wrote:

Na, kai99 is doing just fine.

And yes, the system is rewarding aim way too much, but instead of nerfing it they should "buff" the amount of pp you get through streammaps.