forum

[Archived] Does any Wacom Bamboo pen work with any Bamboo Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_deci_
My problem is following:

I have a Wacom Bamboo CTL-470 and my pen is broken. I need a new pen but I can only find pens that are quite expensive where it states that it works with my exact tablet. My question is wether I can use a LP-170E-0S which is a replacement pen for the CTH-470S(and also works with the CTH-670S) for my Bamboo CTL-470, since this is the only one that my preferred techstore offers and also for a reasonable price?

Thanks alreadya in advance :D
Pawsu
Pens only work for their intended generation. For example, a Wacom Bamboo pen only works for Bamboo and a Wacom Intuos pen only works for Intuos.
Dr Sensei-Hugo

Pawsu wrote:

Pens only work for their intended generation. For example, a Wacom Bamboo pen only works for Bamboo and a Wacom Intuos pen only works for Intuos.
Not true, quite. CTL/CTH-470/670/471/671 pens work in CTL/CTH-480/680 and vice versa, but stuff like MTE-450 or CTL/CTH-460 pens dont work with them. So yes, you can use the pen for it. Kynan uses CTL-470 pen on his CTL-480 for example.
Pawsu

DrSensei-Hugo wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

Not true, quite. CTL/CTH-470/670/471/671 pens work in CTL/CTH-480/680 and vice versa, but stuff like MTE-450 or CTL/CTH-460 pens dont work with them. So yes, you can use the pen for it. Kynan uses CTL-470 pen on his CTL-480 for example.
oh? huh, then I must have read wrong -- thank you for correcting me!
Mariano
Can i use my pen 480 pen in my bamboo 470?
Pawsu

Maariianoo wrote:

Can i use my pen 480 pen in my bamboo 470?
Please make a new thread. Do not bump old, marked threads.