Total Posts
show more
Ascendance
Trick or Treat
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Ascendance wrote:

Trick or Treat

Treat. I’ll give you some Ferrero Rocher and you qualify my map. (Jk)
Lexii
happy halloween
Topic Starter
Ulysses
I made 2 minor changes. Apart from the two mentioned below, no other changes were made after the map had been bubbled.

1. Made a part of SB\Flare\s transparent.
2. Added 'F,0,65344,65421,1,0' on line 341326 in the osb file.

EDIT:
One more change:
3. Added finish and whistle on the object at 03:18:883 in Crystal's Execution, Crystal Spec's Overdose.
Ascendance
Farewell, Nold!

For those who are concerned over the above post, the difference was so minimal that nold had to point it out to me to know there was a change. This did not affect playability or the folder in any visible way.
hehe
congrats nold!! enjoy the post osu life
Shima Rin
Finally this set is going to be ranked. Very good job nold! Best luck to your future life!
Nardoxyribonucleic
Congratulations Nold. Wish you all the best!
Uta
aaaaa
Asphyxia
Congratulations!
Kimitakari
You can quit now apparently.
Topic Starter
Ulysses
Thank you! Some facts about the SB:

1. The SB is entirely made in my university library because I do not have a PC and osu does not run properly on my Mac.
2. The SB wouldn’t have been made successful without yf_bmp's and Irrevisible's help!
Irreversible
gj my friend
Hollow Delta
YOOOO
Net0
Nice to see all the support on this map. Glad to see you getting this into ranked nold, thanks a lot for the map ^^
Monstrata
yf's Insane

01:24:729 (1,2) - Forgot to add a green line here with 0.75x SV, these sliders are unsnapped :(

Also:

I guess ï wasn't supported by your font :(
pw384
Nice job! Wish you fantastic trip through academic life!
Aurele
Disqualified for missing for a green timing point in yf’s difficulty.

Please check Monstrata’s post above. Confirmed by Mir.
Karoo13
While this is dq'd can we talk about posthumous? The reverse slider streams are technically justified but the flow and spacing into the sliders at the end is ridiculous. I suggest that the sliders spiral with flow from the stream, smaller jump, and are visually arranged so they aren't hidden under slider tails/reverse arrows from earlier (maybe blanketed by the stream, since it is already circular arc).

Then there is the 0-stack part... I have come to terms with the fact that the middle notes of the triples are not mapped to any sound, but even then, the choice of where triples are inserted is inconsistent with the song, and the new combo structure is inconsistent with itself.

From 24-32 seconds, triples follow the high note of the scale, or mark the descending part of the scale. This much is fine, but then the last 2 triples break the pattern, as the scale does not descend on those. 00:32:344 (1) - needs to be removed, and 00:32:960 (1) - is maybe ok, but since the note following the triple actually goes up in pitch rather than down, this deserves different treatment from the others, I would suggest move 00:33:190 (1) - off of the stack, to around 38,100.

And maybe adjust the hitsounds and combos around that, i cant even tell what you were trying to do with the combos, but it should follow a consistent pattern through the stack.
tatatat
eww this isn't in loved. :/ but I already had plays and stuff :c dummy
Topic Starter
Ulysses
Thank you monstrata. Added a green line.
(Sorry Ascendance and Bubblun)

Karoo13 wrote:

While this is dq'd can we talk about posthumous? The reverse slider streams are technically justified but the flow and spacing into the sliders at the end is ridiculous. I suggest that the sliders spiral with flow from the stream, smaller jump, and are visually arranged so they aren't hidden under slider tails/reverse arrows from earlier (maybe blanketed by the stream, since it is already circular arc). :arrow: The spacing in the spaced stream is not that big. Replace all reversed sliders with circles and you will see what players actually play when doing this seemingly impossible stream. When it was loved, quite a few players had FC'd this part. For the spiral slider, I am very hesitant to put it in space with the stream in question because the sound where the slider hits is sudden and does not, subjectively speaking, fits if I put it in flow. Rather, a position at which it is not quite expected where the spiral slider is (but not unreadable) suits the sound perfectly.

Then there is the 0-stack part... I have come to terms with the fact that the middle notes of the triples are not mapped to any sound, but even then, the choice of where triples are inserted is inconsistent with the song, and the new combo structure is inconsistent with itself.

From 24-32 seconds, triples follow the high note of the scale, or mark the descending part of the scale. This much is fine, but then the last 2 triples break the pattern, as the scale does not descend on those. 00:32:344 (1) - needs to be removed, and 00:32:960 (1) - is maybe ok, but since the note following the triple actually goes up in pitch rather than down, this deserves different treatment from the others, I would suggest move 00:33:190 (1) - off of the stack, to around 38,100.

And maybe adjust the hitsounds and combos around that, i cant even tell what you were trying to do with the combos, but it should follow a consistent pattern through the stack.:arrow: This is not a problem at all. You may have disabled hitsound and skin so you cannot see it is actually a Taiko pattern with taiko hitsound and taiko NC arrangement and that's why you find it so unreasonable? The rhythm is perfectly fine. I confess, it is slightly overmapped in this part but it is just how taiko is.
Aurele
Since it was fixed, rebubbled!

Good luck :)
Aurele
While it is still in pending, is there a reason why the taiko difficulties have the 'Taiko' in their difficulty names?
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Gabe wrote:

While it is still in pending, is there a reason why the taiko difficulties have the 'Taiko' in their difficulty names?

It is the early naming system but has become obsolete. I include the word because I think it brings nostalgia seeing something obsolete being used again, matching the theme of the song.
Aurele

nold_1702 wrote:

Gabe wrote:

It is the early naming system but has become obsolete. I include the word because I think it brings nostalgia seeing something obsolete being used again, matching the theme of the song.
Alright, all good! Thanks for the explanation.
Topic Starter
Ulysses
I made one change after Gabe’s bubble. I made the inner edge of fruit-drop-overlay.png transparent. Apart from this image, nothing in the map was changed after Gabe’s bubble. May Gabe rebubble?
Sun Rainbow
rank it plz.
Awesome work on map and storyboard.
btw
Maybe it's time to uninstall osu for me.

There was no living way for sber using editor anymore since many osu sbers use programmer code to make the storyboard.

讲个搞笑的nold图都已经是last map了我还是打不过nold 1st的posthumous难度.
Ascendance
I’m off to school soon so I’ll just rebubble instead
Karoo13

nold_1702 wrote:

Karoo13 wrote:

The rhythm is perfectly fine.
I will trust you on the taiko combo structure, but this part explains why the rhythm is not fine. The second to last triple 00:32:344 (1) - is unjustified in the context of the rest of the pattern, as it is the only one mapped to an ascending scale. And I would like you to consider my comment on 00:33:190 (1) -
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Karoo13 wrote:

nold_1702 wrote:

Karoo13 wrote:

The rhythm is perfectly fine.

I will trust you on the taiko combo structure, but this part explains why the rhythm is not fine. The second to last triple 00:32:344 (1) - is unjustified in the context of the rest of the pattern, as it is the only one mapped to an ascending scale. And I would like you to consider my comment on 00:33:190 (1) -

There are changes in the rhythm and that’s the reason I made it ascending instead of repeating the rhythm before otherwise players may play the same pattern with different rhythms (that’s how taiko does it as well).

Any reason for you suggestion for movig (1) to 38,100?
Karoo13

nold_1702 wrote:

There are changes in the rhythm and that’s the reason I made it ascending instead of repeating the rhythm before otherwise players may play the same pattern with different rhythms (that’s how taiko does it as well).

If you listen to the song only, and not the hitsounds you have inserted, 00:27:190 (1,1,2,3) - and 00:32:114 (1,2,1,2,1) - are exactly the same, yet mapped differently. The entire piano scale repeats itself, until 00:33:190 (1) - which is why it should be tapped the same way until that object. Since that object is where it stops repeating, I think it should be off the stack or distinguished in some other way.

I am running out of ways to rephrase this, but 00:32:344 (1) - is an error and "but in taiko it is normal to overmap and change rhythm arbitrarily" is not a good justification.
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Karoo13 wrote:

nold_1702 wrote:

If you listen to the song only, and not the hitsounds you have inserted, 00:27:190 (1,1,2,3) - and 00:32:114 (1,2,1,2,1) - are exactly the same, yet mapped differently. The entire piano scale repeats itself, until 00:33:190 (1) - which is why it should be tapped the same way until that object. Since that object is where it stops repeating, I think it should be off the stack or distinguished in some other way.

I am running out of ways to rephrase this, but 00:32:344 (1) - is an error and "but in taiko it is normal to overmap and change rhythm arbitrarily" is not a good justification.

Thank you for your suggestion. The rhythm in question is not arbitary as explained. The paino sound ends at the slider. I will take your comments into account when deciding whether or not to change the patterns in question. Thank you.
Topic Starter
Ulysses
24 hours have passed.
Hollow Delta
Ready when you are
iaport
Let's go!
Hollow Delta
gl dude xp
Topic Starter
Ulysses
Thank you again!
Ideal
hell yea hopefulyl this time it all goes well
tatatat
So whats up with the taiko custom hitsounds? Are they actually any different? I can't tell the difference between them and the default hitsounds. If they aren't custom, please remove them and change the sampleset to the default soft sample set. (I believe you were using the custom soft sampleset1). Thank you c:
Topic Starter
Ulysses

tatatat wrote:

So whats up with the taiko custom hitsounds? Are they actually any different? I can't tell the difference between them and the default hitsounds. :arrow: They aren't different. They are the original default hitsounds. Taiko players with their own skinned hitsound will use these custom hitsounds.

If they aren't custom, please remove them and change the sampleset to the default soft sample set. (I believe you were using the custom soft sampleset1). :arrow: Sorry I cannot remove them because taiko players who have their own skin will notice the difference (and my pirpose is that they will experience nostalgia when using the old hitsounds). And it is not the soft sample that is used but the normal.
show more