forum

Otaku Culture Channel [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
ztrot
I would like to see a chat channel for the subfourm "Otaku Culture" just like the chat channel we have for videogames.
The fourm is a huge success and a chat channel would be a nice addon.
Tenshi-nyan
I thought we already had #modhelp for that

Sure, why not?
Topic Starter
ztrot
lols
Azure_Kite
サポートします。

Not that I frequent OC much.
Derekku
I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'm not sure how much it would be used. For example, #videogames is hardly ever used. :/
Topic Starter
ztrot
True, only one way to find out :p
Kitsunemimi
Well, based on how the section of forums worked out, I the channel would be pretty successful too. osu! also sort of seems like a game where an #otaku would be suitable.
Sakura
Support, i was actually thinking of a #anime channel, but #otaku sounds better.
Shiirn
I wholeheartedly and utterly disagree with all of my might.

We all know it would have one of the following issues:
A) Never be used a la #videogames (unlikely)
B) Will be populated by the fanbase of a certain orange-suited ninja or a large-sword-wielding dead teenager and nobody else will be able to get a word in edgewise
C) If B does not pan out, then there would still always be cases of people going I HAVENT SEEN X or OMG SPOILERS or some random thing people will complain about.

What i'm trying to say is that there isn't enough constant, incessant discussion about the topic suggested to warrant a channel (Unless you throw in #ctb or #taiko, hell, those topics get way more discussion than Anime X). Hell, whenever I feel like discussing the latest anime or what-have-you, i immediately go to my friends whom i know share a common interest rather than a public channel that i can rant my fanboi-ism in.
KRZY

Shiirn wrote:

B) Will be populated by the fanbase of a certain orange-suited ninja or a large-sword-wielding dead teenager and nobody else will be able to get a word in edgewise
C) If B does not pan out, then there would still always be cases of people going I HAVENT SEEN X or OMG SPOILERS or some random thing people will complain about.

What i'm trying to say is that there isn't enough constant, incessant discussion about the topic suggested to warrant a channel (Unless you throw in #ctb or #taiko, hell, those topics get way more discussion than Anime X). Hell, whenever I feel like discussing the latest anime or what-have-you, i immediately go to my friends whom i know share a common interest rather than a public channel that i can rant my fanboi-ism in.
I wholeheartedly and utterly agree with all of my might.
Shael_old
do we need more oppurtunitys to show of how weaboo you are
RemmyX25

Shiirn wrote:

I'm actually going to agree with this one here. Also, I'm afraid this is going to spark several other unnecessary topic chatrooms that we don't need. (#cooking anyone?)

Shael wrote:

do we need more oppurtunitys to show of how weaboo you are
I lol'd
Jarby
Otaku Culture is considerably more active than Video Games. Just saying. Why don't we add this channel on a trial basis for now? I'm all for demolishing #videogames either way though, so perhaps we can handle them both at the end of the period.
Gabi
Bring back #Touhou !
Sander-Don

Gabi wrote:

Bring back #Touhou !
Topic Starter
ztrot
Well nay Sayers aside I still think it would be a great idea and in any case the activity in the subfourm mad for it is proof enough.
Sander-Don
i think having an #otaku channel would be nice, but even though it's been more then a month i still have no stars to vote with so.
support~
Ikillforpies
i support but i don't have any star ToT
Shiirn
If as silly an idea as #otaku gets approved (yes, i am a naysayer problem ztrot?) then #touhou and #ctb and #taiko all need channels.
dkun
replace #videogames with #otaku
problem solved.

as some of the staff and users have said, #videogmes is rarely ever used. so why not run the trial with #videogames being replaced? hit two birds with one stone.
show more