Otaku Culture Channel [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
show more
Lybydose
Is there any reason these things can't just be discussed in #osu? It's not like the chat ever moves too fast.

That goes for #videogames too. The channel is mostly pointless. The easiest way to end a conversation is to force people to take it to that channel. No one ever goes there, so no one new will ever join in.
Sakura

Lybydose wrote:

Is there any reason these things can't just be discussed in #osu?
there i bolded the problem XD

ok on a more serious note, i guess you guys do have a point since most videogame discussions happen everywhere else besides on #videogames despite having a channel for that, people can still spoil videogames stuff like endings, etc on #videogames so i dont see that as a reason to not want #otaku, but as ztrot said the Otaku Culture forum has quite a lot of activity, i think we should at least give it a test.
Lybydose
What problem? #osu is the English channel, used for discussing anything in English.

The other languages have a channel for universally discussing anything, but for some reason people feel the need to split up English. Why?
Jarby

Lybydose wrote:

What problem? #osu is the English channel, used for discussing anything in English.

The other languages have a channel for universally discussing anything, but for some reason people feel the need to split up English. Why?
Because #osu is the biggest. It's such a sprawl at times.
Ephemeral
replace #videogames with #hobbies

problems solved
Sakura

Lybydose wrote:

I actually said that as a joke XD (hence the XD face)
But Jarby explained pretty much why i made that joke
Shael
look at me im biggest weaboo XD!!! no1 can touch me im best otaku!!
Jarby

Ephemeral wrote:

replace #videogames with #hobbies

problems solved
That's worth testing. Let's go with it.

Shael wrote:

look at me im biggest weaboo XD!!! no1 can touch me im best otaku!!
Hush, you already had your funny moment.
Quaraezha
A channel for both Video Games and Anime?
or #hobbies.
Derekku
I agree with replacing #videogames, but something like "#hobbies" sounds a bit too general and I'm afraid of the channel becoming another RP lounge...
James2250

Derekku wrote:

I agree with replacing #videogames, but something like "#hobbies" sounds a bit too general and I'm afraid of the channel becoming another RP lounge...
Make an "Off-Topic" channel and destroy the subforum we have for it, at least would be easier to manage :P
Shiirn

James2250 wrote:

"Off-Topic" channel
you mean #osu?
Quaraezha
It's more like a mix of General Discussion, Off-Topic, etc.
OzzyOzrock

Shiirn wrote:

B) Will be populated by the fanbase of a certain orange-suited ninja or a large-sword-wielding dead teenager and nobody else will be able to get a word in edgewise
Oh, oh, I know these, it's... it's... Jarate and.. an-- DETERGENT right?!?!

Anyways, these things would most likely be discussed better in a forum like there is rather than a channel. Then again I'm never in OC...
Shiirn
And we already have a forum for it. Go figure.