Total Posts
show more
Rantai
*Useless doublepost*

I want to fix that quote so badly...
Haneii
@0_o

I can't decide on who to vote for T_T

I don't really see how NoHitter's posts/behavior indicate he's mafia. I find Ph0x more suspicious for using those reasons to vote NoHitter.

currently: FoS on animask, DxS and Ph0x, but not based on much :/

....lynching NoHitter would make things clearer. Unethical though :| + rather not risk lowering our numbers (There's a chance more than one person might die tonight...dun dun duuun)
NoHitter
But lynching is are only weapon for eliminating Mafia (apart from a Vig).
I highly doubt Mafia will kill themselves during the Night.
Sleep Powder
@Haneii, not lynching on the first day has the benefit of increasing
the odds of finding a mafia member the next day (after NK). If we
vote and end up lynching a pro-town today, we willl have better chances
of finding a mafia member next day. Also, the suspect that we are all voting
for will get the chance to somehow defend themselves to reclaim their
pro-town status (possibly). We can analyze their defense to decide if they're
guilty or not.

Also, not all suspicious behavior leads to being mafia.

Am I only being FoS'd because of my "less suspicious makes me more suspicious" WIFOM statement?
Rolled
Hello Mafia game. I apologize for lack of interest, but I went and re-read the thread a couple of times and here's some input.

First and foremost, I'm alarmed nobody prodded me. I could definitely over analyze this and find the people with the most to gain from not prodding, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you guys just don't give a shit ^___^

Back to page 2:

animask wrote:

I never get to be mafia D:

Confirmed.
Luckily for animask, this statement got ignored as the day went on. The only person that has tried to make a case out of it is NoHitter, and truthfully I agree with him. A statement like this is beyond a newbie's mistake of speaking their mind. Pulling the numbers out of my ass, I'd assume something like this is more probable to have some kind of reverse-psychology behind it from a player of animask's level. +10 animask.

Page 4:

Rantai wrote:

I doubt any townie would jump on you if they suspected you have an aux role.

animask wrote:

@Rantai, (FoS) Who said that he was a townie? You're not supposed to assume that..

Ph0x wrote:

Rentai, however, is implicitly claiming that Rolled has a certain role.
My immediate thought behind this, is how is Rantai's statement implying that I am town? @phox, saying Rantai was implying I'm town is WIFOM. The statement could just as easily mean "Animask, you're aux and Rolled is mafia" just as much as "Animask, Rolled is town and thinks you are mafia." I feel like I'm missing something that is apparent to other players, so please fill me in if so.

DxS wrote:

So....any ideas if we can assume what role animask is?
Immediately appears to me that DxS is looking for a bandwagon to hop on, which isn't really a pro-town thing to do at this point. Though, his later statement shows his belief (fact or fictional) to be that animask is pro-town, which somewhat counters this argument.

Haneii wrote:

Furthermore, you spent your past posts explaining how assuming/accusing someone of a role this early in the game isn't pro-town. DxS was just role fishing + expressed his thoughts about you having a pro aux role or being a plain town member. Yet, after all that, you suspect and vote Rantai?
A very good point, and I agree with Haneii's line of thinking. I feel the reason that animask held his vote, obviously, is because DxS is voicing his opinion that animask is pro-town (which is gathered out of thin air) -5 Haneii since I'm in agreement with him.

Ph0x wrote:

There's a difference here. DxS isn't claiming (explicitly or implicitly) that animask has a role. Rentai, however, is implicitly claiming that Rolled has a certain role. (I personally don't share this view with animask; I am just expressing my thoughts about your FoS.)
This is wrong, and is an attempt to undermine Haneii's way of thinking.
DxS is explicitly claiming that animask is pro-town.
Rantai is implicitly claiming that I have a role. (which I don't agree with, but for sake of this argument let's assume)
Haneii's FoS is completely valid in this situation. +5 ph0x for not acknowledging this.

Page 7 ^_^:

Firo wrote:

This situation has been pretty confusing and I don't know what to say.

Except the fact that NoHItter sounds mildly suspicious.
One of those annoying Quarezahasshsa-ish posts. No backing or reasoning behind it, and one of the few posts Firo has made.
NoHitter had all of the right in the world to ask for Firo's logic behind his reasoning, and Ph0x answered NoHitter's question for Firo.

Ph0x, I don't feel it was your time to speak after NoHitter asked Firo a question. All you successfully accomplished was an easy cop-out for Firo, when it was a strong possibility he would not be able to word an explanation of his own. Turns out, he simply did use your reasoning to justify his vote for NoHitter. +5 ph0x, +5 Firo.

As far as NoHitter's playstyle, (non-meta, wifom sucks etc) I don't necessarily agree with it either (everything is wifom~). Does this make him suspicious, though? Not in my eyes.

Final tally from this textwall:
Animask: +10
Ph0x: +10
Firo: +5
Heneii: -5
Also like to FoS DxS for never giving his reasoning behind his belief in animask's innocence. Don't feel like adding a point value, so meh.
I'm going to cast my vote for animask. While he is tied with ph0x, ph0x has gathered the majority of his points from defending players who I don't feel are necessarily mafia. I feel there's a fine line between needlessly defending players, and voicing your opinion about said player, and ph0x crossed it in a few occasions.
Rolled
No, fuck that. Taking the riskier route.
unvote
Vote: Ph0x
Haneii
About my no lynch: yes, most of you are right about lynching being our main weapon + increases our chances of finding mafia (although that's just chance + probability...I hate making decisions when I'm not sure XD). But I already had an idea of who might be mafia and with the day almost ending (6 days past btw) it looked like NoHitter would be lynced - someone who I believe is town. I thought, 'If the day ends without most of us voting, will the mod assume they're voting for a no lynch? (I prob shouldn't make assumptions like that :|)'. So if that was the case, I'd just help make that the majority vote. Why not vote for someone on my FoS list? Again, looked like the day would end any min and I'd prob be the only person voting in a such a way . I was worried that if I do it would let NoHitter get lynched. Hopefully that 1 kill at night + maybe some information from an investigative role will help make a better decision, because at that point I didn't think my suspicions were warranted...

...However, now rolled posts. He not only agrees and pointed out all the reasons for my FoS list, gives me even more reasons that I haven't thought about (especially in Ph0x's case). I think I am now confident enough to:

Unvote

Vote: Ph0x
Ph0X

Rantai wrote:

I don't understand what Ph0X is trying to do here because as far as I can tell, thinking that WIFOM is bad, isn't something I'd associate with suspicion. If anything, it's just an opinion being expressed and used.

So;

Ph0X wrote:

> So you find me saying that WIFOM is bad more suspicious than DxS rolefishing, or animask using WIFOM?
Yes.
I'd like to ask why, so I can understand your viewpoint.
(Formatting kinda corrected.)
The fact that NoHItter argues against WIFOMic statements isn't why I find him suspicious. The fact that NoHItter abuses that same argument continually and tries very hard to attack other players using "your argument is invalid" techniques is why I find him suspicious.

I don't disagree with NoHItter's arguments. I just find them to be forced.

Rolled wrote:

First and foremost, I'm alarmed nobody prodded me. I could definitely over analyze this and find the people with the most to gain from not prodding, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you guys just don't give a shit ^___^
You didn't seem very attached to the game from the start, so I decided not to bother you (in short). Seems I was mistaken.

inb4 some retarded Two logic about me not wanting you to be around to benefit myself.

Rolled wrote:

Page 4:

Rantai wrote:

I doubt any townie would jump on you if they suspected you have an aux role.

animask wrote:

@Rantai, (FoS) Who said that he was a townie? You're not supposed to assume that..

Ph0x wrote:

Rentai, however, is implicitly claiming that Rolled has a certain role.
My immediate thought behind this, is how is Rantai's statement implying that I am town? @phox, saying Rantai was implying I'm town is WIFOM. The statement could just as easily mean "Animask, you're aux and Rolled is mafia" just as much as "Animask, Rolled is town and thinks you are mafia." I feel like I'm missing something that is apparent to other players, so please fill me in if so.
The way I saw it:

Rentai reads animask's post as, "You [Rolled] might be secretly assuming I [animask] have an aux role, but accusing people of having one isn't a pro-town thing to do." Rentai responds, "I doubt any townie [Rolled] would jump on you [animask] if they suspected you [animask] have an aux role."

The "any townie [Rolled]" part is what I was referring to as "implicitly claiming".

Rolled wrote:

Ph0x wrote:

There's a difference here. DxS isn't claiming (explicitly or implicitly) that animask has a role. Rentai, however, is implicitly claiming that Rolled has a certain role. (I personally don't share this view with animask; I am just expressing my thoughts about your FoS.)
This is wrong, and is an attempt to undermine Haneii's way of thinking.
DxS is explicitly claiming that animask is pro-town.
Rantai is implicitly claiming that I have a role. (which I don't agree with, but for sake of this argument let's assume)
Haneii's FoS is completely valid in this situation. +5 ph0x for not acknowledging this.
Realized I missed this post by DxS. Either way, though, there is a difference in how DxS and Rentai handled things.

A direct argument against Haneii's is: maybe DxS is right and animask doesn't want to vote for him because of this. (Saying this from animask's perspective, of course.)

Rolled wrote:

NoHitter had all of the right in the world to ask for Firo's logic behind his reasoning, and Ph0x answered NoHitter's question for Firo.

Ph0x, I don't feel it was your time to speak after NoHitter asked Firo a question. All you successfully accomplished was an easy cop-out for Firo, when it was a strong possibility he would not be able to word an explanation of his own. Turns out, he simply did use your reasoning to justify his vote for NoHitter. +5 ph0x, +5 Firo.
I wasn't expanding upon Firo's post. I even said this in my post:

Ph0X wrote:

(I don't know if Firo came to the same conclusion as me. Just stating my thoughts of NoHItter after a re-read.)
I find Firo's following post kind of awkward, though.

Rolled wrote:

While he is tied with ph0x, ph0x has gathered the majority of his points from defending players who I don't feel are necessarily mafia. I feel there's a fine line between needlessly defending players, and voicing your opinion about said player, and ph0x crossed it in a few occasions.
I was poking at a player's argument in each instance I was "defending" someone. It's how I always play.

Haneii wrote:

I thought, 'If the day ends without most of us voting, will the mod assume they're voting for a no lynch? (I prob shouldn't make assumptions like that :|)'. So if that was the case, I'd just help make that the majority vote.
Please read the rules:

Rules wrote:

9. A lynch occurs when a player has an absolute majority of votes on them.

10. At deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. In the event of a draw, the player who had the most votes before being tied will be lynched.
Haneii

Rules wrote:

9. A lynch occurs when a player has an absolute majority of votes on them.

10. At deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. In the event of a draw, the player who had the most votes before being tied will be lynched.
[/quote]

So does that mean, in the case where majority hasn't voted, majority vote would be no vote (no lynch)?

or

those who don't vote by the end of the day lose their say/vote and the person with the most votes at the time gets lynched?
Ph0X

Haneii wrote:

So does that mean, in the case where majority hasn't voted, majority vote would be no vote (no lynch)?

or

those who don't vote by the end of the day lose their say/vote and the person with the most votes at the time gets lynched?
Players who haven't voted contribute no vote. A no-lynch vote is a type vote, and has to be contributed.

Your last option is correct.
0_o
Wow, I had no idea it was this far into the day already. Day ends in ~18 hours.

Ph0X wrote:

Realized I missed this post by DxS.
That's strange, since you linked to it here:

Ph0X wrote:

0_o, what are your thoughts on DxS's rolefishing post?
Vote Count
NoHItter (2) - Ph0X, Firo
Ph0X (2) - Rolled, Haneii
animask (1) - NoHItter

Not voting (4) - 0_o, Rantai, animask, DxS
Ph0X

0_o wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

Realized I missed this post by DxS.
That's strange, since you linked to it here:

Ph0X wrote:

0_o, what are your thoughts on DxS's rolefishing post?
I think I meant to link DxS's previous post, but linked that one by mistake.
Rolled
You have to realize how unlikely your claim of "missing his post" is. Granted, knowing your meta, I doubt you'd make such an argument (explicit vs implicit) fully aware of DxS's explicit claim, however I feel this is a more likely to be selective targeting than an honest mistake.

ie, DxS's post was in your subconscious, yet Rantai was your meal of choice. The likelyhood of you literally "missing" his post is very slim.
Rolled
You asked 0_o's opinion to create distance between yourself and DxS? Maybe.
Ph0X

Rolled wrote:

You asked 0_o's opinion to create distance between yourself and DxS? Maybe.
No; I noticed the game was slowing down and made an attempt to kickstart discussion.
Ph0X
And I honestly didn't remember DxS saying he thought animask was pro-town until I looked back from your post, Rolled.
Rolled

Ph0X wrote:

And I honestly didn't remember DxS saying he thought animask was pro-town until I looked back from your post, Rolled.
That I find strange, seeing as you linked to it directly. Let me make sure I understand fully; You're claiming to have mentally (or literally) skipped DxS's post stating animask is pro-town, and in an attempt to jumpstart discussion, you intended to ask faceman's opinion on this post made by DxS?

DxS wrote:

tick tock tick tock.

For the record I also find this whole "tick tock" bit to be awkward. I can't supply any information behind my feeling but it doesn't sit well in my stomach.
Ph0X

Rolled wrote:

Ph0X wrote:

That I find strange, seeing as you linked to it directly. Let me make sure I understand fully; You're claiming to have mentally (or literally) skipped DxS's post stating animask is pro-town, and in an attempt to jumpstart discussion, you intended to ask faceman's opinion on this post made by DxS?
Yes; that's correct.

Rolled wrote:

DxS wrote:

tick tock tick tock.

For the record I also find this whole "tick tock" bit to be awkward. I can't supply any information behind my feeling but it doesn't sit well in my stomach.
I took that as "well, the time is passing... let's talk about something". I guess there was no real hurry (and things weren't that slow at the time), so it's kind of out of place.
Rantai
Originally I had Ph0X and Firo as my top 2 suspicions but wanted to get some clarification from Ph0X before making any choices. At the very least Ph0X's train of thought makes sense to me but I don't necessarily agree with him (I still think it's simple aggressive play)

As it stands, Firo didn't make any sort of argument as to why she found NoHItter suspicious, jumping onto Ph0X's reasoning without any extra input (pretty sure Rolled outlined this somewhere). If I had to guess, I'd say she was just looking for an easy vote and NoHItter's aggression was the perfect scapegoat.

Otherwise I don't feel too strongly about anyone else at this stage.

Vote: Firo
Sleep Powder
Playing Style

I still get the feeling that I should vote for Rantai, but I shouldn't focus too much on my original suspicions. (aka my target suspect)

I'm in a similar position as Haneii right now. I don't have enough information to vote for anyone else.

@Ph0X, "inb4 some retarded Two logic about me not wanting you to be around to benefit myself" seems like a WIFOM statement.
You say its retarded, but you could be trying to avoid Rolled's metagaming in the future which can be good or bad. Lets see... the good
thing would be if Rolled was actually mafia and tries to use something similar to what you stated. This way, you would be able to prevent any accusations or statements from Rolled from hurting you. If you were mafia this would benefit you by making other players believe that similar accusations made by Rolled are useless and will just make Rolled more guilty in some way.

I really have no idea where I got this idea from, but its just an idea and I'm not even sure about an FoS atm.

The above was all saved as a draft from about 6 hours ago.

@Rantai, use quotes so I know what you're talking about next time...

Vote: Ph0X

Reason? Reason 1 would be to eliminate my thick metagame tunneling for Ph0X and try to imagine him as mafia for once. Reason 2 would
be the things that I stated earlier.
Ph0X

animask wrote:

@Ph0X, "inb4 some retarded Two logic about me not wanting you to be around to benefit myself" seems like a WIFOM statement.
You say its retarded, but you could be trying to avoid Rolled's metagaming in the future which can be good or bad. Lets see... the good
thing would be if Rolled was actually mafia and tries to use something similar to what you stated. This way, you would be able to prevent any accusations or statements from Rolled from hurting you. If you were mafia this would benefit you by making other players believe that similar accusations made by Rolled are useless and will just make Rolled more guilty in some way.

I really have no idea where I got this idea from, but its just an idea and I'm not even sure about an FoS atm.
You're right; it is a WIFOM statement. I was shutting down a possible (though not probably) WIFOMic argument with which Rolled could have possibly responded.

animask wrote:

Reason? Reason 1 would be to eliminate my thick metagame tunneling for Ph0X and try to imagine him as mafia for once.
Oh, thanks. =[

animask wrote:

Reason 2 would
be the things that I stated earlier.
Didn't you say "I'm not even sure about a FoS atm"? What pushed it over the edge?
NoHitter
At the moment, I don't think Ph0x is a good lynch target.
I prefer a lynch on Firo for voting me without even stating the reason apart from "I agree with Ph0x"

Unvote:
Ph0X
search.php?t=57305&author=Firo%20Prochainezo

Seems like another Q to me. No input, disparity in posts, and doesn't respond well to prods at all.
DeathxShinigami
I have a feeling firo is just kinda here in the games just to be "here"

Doesn't seem like someone who even has a willingness to create a constructive post imo.
Rolled
Day 1 ended like 8 hours ago. :roll:
Sleep Powder

Rolled wrote:

Day 1 ended like 8 hours ago. :roll:
Does that mean the votes are final?
Ph0X
That's that, then. =\
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Day has ended, but lynch scene and stuff is delayed until tomorrow morning when I have the energy to do it.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Apperently mild anger/frustration can give me enough energy to update both my games, even if I really don't feel like doing so.

Ph0x - Neutral Hider - Lynched D1

It is now Night 1, send all Night actions within 24 hours.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
DxS - Doublevoter (Town) - Killed N1

It is now Day 2. Deadline is in 5 days. (7 alive, 4 to lynch.)
NoHitter
Nothing has changed for why I want to lynch Firo.

Incidentally, the kill of DxS feels odd to me.
It doesn't seem to be a logical kill at all.
I see nothing except a FoS at animask (which a lot of people also did) and a statement on how Firo is "just here".
Sleep Powder
Maybe DxS was right and hes onto somebody? In this case, Firo would be the person.

You should really think about the situation a bit before actually voting. Things can happen
throughout the day. Unless you're really sure... but being that confident in your vote that
quickly is kind of suspicious.
NoHitter
I can change my vote depending on the events of the day.
As of right now though, I voted Firo because she's still the most suspicious in my eyes, because of the events Day 1.
0_o

animask wrote:

You should really think about the situation a bit before actually voting. Things can happen
throughout the day. Unless you're really sure... but being that confident in your vote that
quickly is kind of suspicious.
Remember we can unvote this game. Early votes serve the purpose of putting pressure on someone.

animask wrote:

Maybe DxS was right and hes onto somebody? In this case, Firo would be the person.
Well here are all the posts that he's made this game:
[quote="DxS":12c26]Can't we all just agree that no matter what animask is not benefitial to town?[quote="DxS":12c26]tick tock tick tock.

So....any ideas if we can assume what role animask is?[quote="DxS":12c26]@Rolled I'm just asking if anyone has an idea on what animask's role could be since he's always rather outspoken no matter what he ends up being.

Personally I think he has a pro town aux role or is just plain town but again no immediate ideas.[quote="DxS":12c26]I have a feeling firo is just kinda here in the games just to be "here"

Doesn't seem like someone who even has a willingness to create a constructive post imo.It doesn't seem to me like DxS was a threat to anyone, really. I'd say either he was bus driven, or the mafia wanted to play it safe and pick a low-profile target whose death wouldn't raise much dust.

Vote Firo to get him talking.
Sleep Powder
If you just vote to add pressure, anyone (especially mafia) could jump onto that bandwagon.

The "pressure" excuse could be used to the point where a mafia could potentially hammer if Firo is innocent.
If Firo isn't innocent, someone would be trying to defend her (in some way) at the 3rd vote.

Having 4 votes activates the hammer, but since its still early in the day, its unlikely someone would do that... (easily raises suspicion after 2nd vote)

Unless you two (NoHiTter, 0_o) thought of that beforehand and wanted to start the bandwagon to lower your suspicion.

If you really wanted information, you could also prod Firo. Based on what everyone is saying, Firo is just lurking and voting
or being inactive in the game.
Rolled
@0_o: Bus driven? Like, bus driver? Is that some form of expression I'm not aware of?
Rolled
Woops, had some confusion on the bus driver role. I see what you mean now.

Carry on~
Firo Prochainezo
I see a lot of votes against me and I would like to reply them all, but it seems like I can't. ;__;

LadySuburu, please replace me. I have IRL problems that I have to deal and, unfortunately, I can't find time to keep up with this game.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Looking for a replacement for Firo.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Foulcoon replaces Firo.
show more