forum

Less Experimental Mafia (Town Wins!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
0_o
I'm gonna take a stab at interpreting animask's question. Do you mean something like "People have been finding my previous behaviour suspicious, but if I stop acting like that will you guys find the fact that I'm acting differently suspicious?"
Sleep Powder

0_o wrote:

I'm gonna take a stab at interpreting animask's question. Do you mean something like "People have been finding my previous behaviour suspicious, but if I stop acting like that will you guys find the fact that I'm acting differently suspicious?"
Yes, that's what I mean. I have a strong feeling that at least some of you will be.
Rolled
If you think your old playstyle works, keep it. If not, change it. Once you find a nice balance try to stay as consistent as possible, regardless of your role.

You've made it obvious so far this game that you don't want to cause suspicion. This obviously means you are mafia.

FoS: animask

everything is wifom, nohitter
Sleep Powder
@Rolled, I thought being less suspicious was something that everyone is supposed to do.
No matter what role you have, being suspicious isn't a good thing.

You assume that I'm hiding a role (which happens to be mafia). Being suspicious doesn't always make you mafia.

You might be secretly assuming I have an aux role, but accusing people of having one isn't a pro-town thing to do
(at this time of the game).
Rolled
A person becomes suspicious when they're suspected of something other than what they're presenting.

Wouldn't want anybody to scream WIFOM at me, so with this logic it doesn't necessarily mean you're mafia. But coupled with other things you've said already, it could make someone's opinion sway in that direction.
Rantai

animask wrote:

You might be secretly assuming I have an aux role, but accusing people of having one isn't a pro-town thing to do
(at this time of the game).
I doubt any townie would jump on you if they suspected you have an aux role.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Day extened by 1 day.

If Firo does not confirm within a day or so, I will replace.
DeathxShinigami
tick tock tick tock.

So....any ideas if we can assume what role animask is?
Firo Prochainezo
Sorry, I had some problems with my computer. I confirm.
Rolled

DeathxShinigami wrote:

tick tock tick tock.

So....any ideas if we can assume what role animask is?
I have no idea what this even means.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you asking if there's a group agreement on animask's role? Weird.
DeathxShinigami
@Rolled I'm just asking if anyone has an idea on what animask's role could be since he's always rather outspoken no matter what he ends up being.

Personally I think he has a pro town aux role or is just plain town but again no immediate ideas.
Sleep Powder
@Rantai, (FoS) Who said that he was a townie? You're not supposed to assume that... If you assumed that he was mafia instead,
he might be trying to use "WIFOM" to make people think I'm mafia or have an aux role. (The mafia/townie[aux] thing can be pretty persuading.)

@DxS, my role doesn't really matter right now, does it? I could be honest and say that I don't have one, but
the odds of people actually believing that is really small.

The day is being extended? Who do we vote for?

*looks at his own post*

Vote: Rantai
Haneii
@animask: Sounded like a general statement to me, don't really think Rantai was making any assumptions. Regardless, you're in too much of a hurry, imo, to vote Rantai. And for what? Assuming rolled is town?

Furthermore, you spent your past posts explaining how assuming/accusing someone of a role this early in the game isn't pro-town. DxS was just role fishing + expressed his thoughts about you having a pro aux role or being a plain town member. Yet, after all that, you suspect and vote Rantai?

@DxS: Why did you ask for his role earlier? How do you know/why do you think he's town now?

FoS on DxS and animask
Ph0X

animask wrote:

@Rolled, I thought being less suspicious was something that everyone is supposed to do.
No matter what role you have, being suspicious isn't a good thing.
Good town players don't try to look less (or more) suspicious. They have nothing to worry about, and nothing to hide.

Mafia players should try to look less suspicious. However, good mafia players know how to do this without anyone noticing.

animask wrote:

You assume that I'm hiding a role (which happens to be mafia). Being suspicious doesn't always make you mafia.
You're right. But suspicions change; your role doesn't. Suspicions are traits of a character, and that character is bound to a role. Don't think of suspicions as traits of a role.

A tip for you, animask: Do not respond to anything directed at your meta. Do not think about anything related to your meta. Do not think about how to play the game. Just play your role to the best of your ability. If you are a mafia player, try to cast suspicion on other players while keeping it away from yourself. (As I said before, good mafia players can do this well.) If you are a town player, find clues from discussions, help iron out issues and details, and eventually try to find the mafia players. You don't need to worry about anything else.

Haneii wrote:

Furthermore, you spent your past posts explaining how assuming/accusing someone of a role this early in the game isn't pro-town. DxS was just role fishing + expressed his thoughts about you having a pro aux role or being a plain town member. Yet, after all that, you suspect and vote Rantai?
There's a difference here. DxS isn't claiming (explicitly or implicitly) that animask has a role. Rentai, however, is implicitly claiming that Rolled has a certain role. (I personally don't share this view with animask; I am just expressing my thoughts about your FoS.)
Sleep Powder
@Haneii, ooo, I haven't played with you before. Lets play~ lulz

Day 1 is almost over and I probably won't be able to post again before its done.

I voted for Rantai because of the way he assumed that Rolled was pro-town. Only a mafia member would know that and he didn't
really word it in an "assumption" manner. Also, I'm not accusing him of being mafia, but I'm saying that he seemed to be thinking as mafia.
DxS isn't really role-fishing and I replied to tell him that he doesn't need to be. You can't assume someone's role so early in the game, which is also why I said that figuring out my role in the beginning wasn't really possible or needed (mafia or not).

I'm also getting a townie feeling from you...

@Ph0X, okay I get what you're trying to say. I shouldn't be using metagaming to shape my suspicions and accusations. Doing
this would make me less open-minded and tunneling would occur more often.
Sleep Powder
No wait, I did play in a mafiascum game with you before, Haneii. Probably just not paying much attention to the other game atm...
Ph0X

animask wrote:

Day 1 is almost over and I probably won't be able to post again before its done.
=[
0_o

animask wrote:

LS wrote:

(36 hours ago)
Deadline is in /6/ days.
What?
Sleep Powder
@Ph0x, it turns out I'm still connected to my internet... I thought I would d/c again (hasn't been working all day)
Rantai
@animask

Mmm good point there. I made that statement because I felt you were implying that Rolled was a townie when you said "but accusing people of having one isn't a pro-town thing to do".

I was trying to say it on a more generic level though. Ie: In general, any townie wouldn't accuse you of an aux role this early in the game.
Ph0X
^ Clearly holds an aux role.
NoHitter
FoS: Ph0x

Why exactly would you want to "imply"/"show" that someone is a power role?
0_o

NoHItter wrote:

Pretty sure that was a joke.

Gah why do I find you suspicious in every game we're in >_>
0_o
Also, why did you vote animask for saying WIFOM things when you said yourself that he says those kind of comments regardless of his role?
NoHitter

0_o wrote:

Also, why did you vote animask for saying WIFOM things when you said yourself that he says those kind of comments regardless of his role?
Remember when I said that I don't really use meta as a basis for suspicion/exemption.
What animask said was suspicious and regardless of past play, I opt to vote suspicious players.
Sleep Powder
Shouldn't the day be done by now...? :?
Rantai
(2 days ago)

LadySuburu wrote:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch. Deadline is in /6/ days.
Unless I read that wrong.
Sleep Powder
oh whoops, I thought the extension meant that the deadline passed already...

LadySuburu wrote:

8. Voting is back to the normal system.
unvote Rantai, FoS Rantai

That's better.
Ph0X

NoHItter wrote:

I'd say reactions like yours are pretty revealing.
0_o

NoHItter wrote:

0_o wrote:

Remember when I said that I don't really use meta as a basis for suspicion/exemption.
What animask said was suspicious and regardless of past play, I opt to vote suspicious players.
Well I disagree with your strategy, but fair enough.

sooooo what's up guys
Ph0X

0_o wrote:

sooooo what's up guys
Chillin'.

Will re-read thread and actually try in a bit.
NoHitter
Any word from the other guys?
Firo Prochainezo
This situation has been pretty confusing and I don't know what to say.

Except the fact that NoHItter sounds mildly suspicious.
NoHitter

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

This situation has been pretty confusing and I don't know what to say.

Except the fact that NoHItter sounds mildly suspicious.
Would you care to explain why you find me suspicious?
Ph0X
NoHItter is being very tryhard, hiding behind the "WIFOM is never useful" shield.

NoHItter wrote:

animask, you aren't supposed to make comments like those. They're just WIFOM.
FoS: animask

NoHItter wrote:

0_o wrote:

It's funny because I was this close to posting the same thing.
Yea. Statements like those are very WIFOM.
Generally we should avoid WIFOM, but there are some cases where WIFOM is unavoidable.

NoHItter wrote:

(I don't know if Firo came to the same conclusion as me. Just stating my thoughts of NoHItter after a re-read.)

Vote: NoHItter

0_o, what are your thoughts on DxS's rolefishing post?
Firo Prochainezo
I don't need to repeat what Ph0X said.

Sleep Powder
After re-reading the last few pages, I can really see how NoHItter is being suspicious.

FoS NoHItter

He seems to actually be using WIFOM and at the same time claiming that using WIFOM is useless.
Ph0X

animask wrote:

He seems to actually be using WIFOM and at the same time claiming that using WIFOM is useless.
Example?
0_o

Ph0X wrote:

0_o, what are your thoughts on DxS's rolefishing post?
I have no idea what's going through DxS's mind most of the time. It doesn't make sense for either a pro-town OR mafia player to say, since it's not only rolefishing but blatantly obvious rolefishing. So my official opinion: no idea.
NoHitter

Ph0X wrote:

NoHItter is being very tryhard, hiding behind the "WIFOM is never useful" shield.
So you find me saying that WIFOM is bad more suspicious than DxS rolefishing, or animask using WIFOM?

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

I don't need to repeat what Ph0X said.

So you say that the only reason you're voting me is for what Ph0x said, and that you agreed on it?

animask wrote:

How am I using WIFOM? Show me the part when I am.
show more