forum

Do you use sliderticks to help you read slider speed change?

posted
Total Posts

Do you use sliderticks Do you use sliderticks to help you read slider speed change? help you read slider speed change?

Yes, always.
8.99%
Sometimes, it's useful and could help me in some parts.
19.10%
Seldom, i mainly read slider speed change by knowing the music and the map.
29.21%
Never. It's much easier to know the song than to notice a slidertick.
42.70%
Total votes: 89
show more
SapphireGhost
I only use sliderticks to help me read speed changes when it's actually possible to tell.
CheeseWarlock
I find it's often a good guide, in those cases when it's not intuitive through the music. Though it's hard to trust slider ticks after all those times they've tricked me. :|
Lybydose
Never. I always guess based on how long I think the slider should be (I'm really good at guessing). If it appears to be shorter than what I think it should be, it's probably slow.

Slow sliders are harder with more ticks because you break combo instantly, rather than having a second to reorient your cursor because you started hitting it too fast.
Lizbeth
I never use sliderticks to determinate speed of slider. Too much thinking, specially when you are playing a very difficulty map. I just flow with the music and if I break the combo is probably because the velocity change is used badly.
DeathxShinigami
I just hope that the slider speed change is "properly placed" within the song. That said I never use sliderticks to help me read slider speeds.
Wishy
I never even look at slider ticks.
Sure
Nope. Feel the music! :D
Kodoshi
what is a slidertick
Waryas
I didn't even know we could do that, my slider ticks are invisible, their hitsound silent.
NoHitter
No. I just "feel" the music at that part and try to discern if the slider would change speed or not.
That's why I dislike it when mapper change slider speed with no musical indication whatsoever.
Raging Bull
Nope. Then I usually get 100 for not catching up to the slider ball or going faster than the slider ball and already on the next combo.
Card N'FoRcE
Unles two sliders are next to each other and with the same exact shape, i have no way to let my mind notice sliderticks, expecially with high Approach rates and/or fast paced maps.
So it's basically 99% Never.
Gabi
Who the hell looks at sliderticks?? How do you have time to check the slider ticks on a fast paced map lol. My eyes are usually only focused on circles and approach circles.
Pizzicato
i didnt even know that it could be used as guides :V
NotShinta
Yes, I do. Of course, knowing the song is a helpful indicator, but the slider ticks almost 'confirm' it for me.
ouranhshc
NOPE
koki_old_1
Lissette
Never O:
Avedas
Nope, never.
XPJ38

Lybydose wrote:

Never. I always guess based on how long I think the slider should be. If it appears to be shorter than what I think it should be, it's probably slow.
This.
EvianBubble
I picked the third option, because I rarely notice them. If used correctly I would have chosen the fourth option ... I hate random slow downs when the music indicates none whatsoever >:(
FireballFlame
I don't.
I kinda want to, but I tend to forget about them when I am playing. So, when playing an unkown map, I mainly use the song and try to predict them from the part of the map that has already passed.
blacksymbian
Dunno about slide ticking but I'm just depending on the music. If I miss then I'll retry, at that point you already know when the slider gets fast/slow.
whymeman

mm201 wrote:

No wonder m980 left.
.....WHAT?!
yeahyeahyeahhh