forum

[Archived] Name change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quinex
Excuse me if i'm wrong. I changed my name with a mistake in the name. I renamed me to "scullcandy" but i wanted to called "skullcandy" ...i must realize that the name is already give away. I saw that the player is only lvl 1. So can i have maybe his name?

best regards (:

btw, i know..epic FAIL!
Kodoshi
i think there was a little box near written:

I agree that this is my final choice and I will not be able to change my username again.

you should have paid more attention to your name when you were changing it, i don't know if anyone has ever been graced about their nickname probably because the rule is the same for everyone (are there any exceptions?)

and the condition written there are way bigger than here
Topic Starter
Quinex
i know i know.. i was so sure that i`ve wrote it right...but after a few minutes i checked that it wasn`t-.-

and now it makes no fun anymore..with a wrong written name... omg how faiiiiiiiiiil..........................
Kodoshi
it seems like you have to live with it like everyone else, sorry :\
Topic Starter
Quinex
mh..>< how can i contact an admin or moderators? i don't want to give up :roll:
Kodoshi
just wait for a moderator or admin to answer, if you don't get any it probably means that your request has been declined
Topic Starter
Quinex
ok thank you!
Sakura
I'd say that it should be fine to fix your name, everyone makes typos even after clearly rechecking (i make typos all the time too X_X) the person you're saying has a playcount of 2 tho, but it hasnt logged on for over a year, i dont really see any reason why you shouldn't be allowed this fix, but peppy has the final word
Topic Starter
Quinex
wow. thank you very much! i see a light at the end of the tunnel :D:D
awp
These calls are up to peppy, but he's usually pretty reasonable about it. Question:

scullcandy wrote:

i know i know.. i was so sure that i`ve wrote it right...
how did that go wrong? There shouldn't be any post-processing going on in the background after you attempt to change it, so it was either scullcandy when you hit submit or it was skullcandy - should be pretty straightforward. Did something else happen?
Yuzeyun

awp wrote:

how did that go wrong? There shouldn't be any post-processing going on in the background after you attempt to change it, so it was either scullcandy when you hit submit or it was skullcandy - should be pretty straightforward. Did something else happen?
They may have kept in mind that they wrote "skullcandy", then BAM, way after you realize your typo. This happens to me too, sometimes it takes me WEEKS to realize that I typo'ed some word.

This could be a hypothesis. I don't really know what happened. orz.
Topic Starter
Quinex
exactly gezo!

i`ve used google before i wrote it in the blank.
I dunno why i haven`t realized the typo. I was so sure about it.. I`ve read the username 5 times till i hit the accept button..
It`s so strange @_@

E: no..nothing else happend..it`s only my stupid mistake..
Sakura
As i said earlier, it happens to everyone, i think it should be reasonable enough to let your name changed, i do hope for you that peppy does agree to changing it
Topic Starter
Quinex
excuse me..seems to be that peppy said "no" =/

can someone give me a statement about that, please.
awp

scullcandy wrote:

excuse me..seems to be that peppy said "no" =/

can someone give me a statement about that, please.
he did not post in this thread. How did you find out?
Topic Starter
Quinex
I didn't find out, but other players who have the same problem as me are fixed now.
here -> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57429

I wonder why I`ve after a week didn`t have a answer or the fix :x

i know he`s bussy.. :evil: i hate the typos in my name..aww D:
Shiirn
The previous person had a situation in which someone had the name he wanted.

This is completely different. You messed up your name, you must live with the messup.