forum

When you post so much you start feeling empty

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

im feeling empty AF gn blitz (and every other OTer that lives in that area)
what?
_handholding
good to know you're also wondering where I am... oh wait
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

kai99 wrote:

im feeling empty AF gn blitz (and every other OTer that lives in that area)
what?
what time is it there i think the time gap's about 12 hours from where I live??
edit: nvm you're far from sleeping
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

25:01 right now
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

kai99 wrote:

where do you live???
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

where do you live???
Check

Where ever is 25:05 right now is where I live
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

kai99 wrote:

where do you live???
Check

Where ever is 25:05 right now is where I live
'murica?
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

'murica?
yeah

Cus murica is 25:08 right now
Rwyta
Hong Kong.
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

kai99 wrote:

'murica?
yeah

Cus murica is 25:08 right now
canada???
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog
Rip Kai
Foxtrot

Blitzfrog wrote:

you mean 1:00? what you said completely defeats the point of a 24-hour system.

edit: nvm i thought you went full weeaboo
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

Foxtrot wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

Rip Kai
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

Foxtrot wrote:

Rip Kai
???????????????? i em so confused.
where thefuk do you live..
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog
I was screwing around with you

25:00 is not a proper time

As to where I live?

I'm not telling you
kai99

Blitzfrog wrote:

As to where I live?

I'm not telling you
Noo Zealend
Raging Bull
Obviously Australia. No one else has that kind of flag.
Rwyta

Blitzfrog wrote:

As to where I live?

I'm not telling you
Again, it's Hong Kong.
kai99

Allmynamestaken wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

As to where I live?

I'm not telling you
Again, it's Hong Kong.
Fun fact: idk about english but in korean "going to hong kong" means having an orgasm
Raging Bull
Fun fact: idk about korean but in english "going to hong kong" means going to hong kong
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

Fun fact: idk about english but in korean "going to hong kong" means having an orgasm
In English "going to hong kong" means going into a long and hard thing that takes off really fast
Raging Bull
What kind of english is that?
kai99

Raging Bull wrote:

hong konglish
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

Raging Bull wrote:

A load of Raging Bullocks
levesterz
kai99
whatever undertale related things i've seen in these forums have killed my motivation to play the game again
levesterz
kai99

levesterz wrote:

holy mother of sans

best fanmade vid i've seen tbh
levesterz

i loled too much on this fanmade
kai99
why is it 60 minutes long X_X
LaryRose09

kai99 wrote:

whatever undertale related things i've seen in these forums have killed my motivation to play the game again
kai99
feeling empty afff
levesterz

LaryRose09 wrote:

kai99 wrote:

Hate that certain percentage of fan not the game
levesterz

kai99 wrote:

why is it 60 minutes long X_X
Because the original vid got privated to protect the modeler.
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog
Feeling empty right now
kai99
what is the cure
levesterz
Feelings of emptiness—a lack of meaning or purpose—are experienced by most people at some point in life. However, chronic feelings of emptiness, feelings of emotional numbness or despair, and similar experiences may be symptomatic of other mental health concerns, such as depression, anhedonia, or schizophrenia. Emptiness can also be experienced as an aspect of bereavement following the death of a loved one. An individual who experiences consistent and severe feelings of emptiness may find it helpful to speak to a therapist, especially when it becomes difficult to focus on other aspects of life.
ymptoms and Causes

People confront feelings of emptiness in life for many reasons. For example, the loss of a loved one—whether to death or separation—may leave one feeling a kind of emptiness in the absence of a person who may have provided purpose and structure to life. A sudden change in life circumstances may also produce such feelings.

A common symptom of emptiness is the feeling that life lacks meaning. Viktor Frankl recognized the human need for finding meaning in life, even during hardship, during the years he spent in Nazi concentration camps. As a result, he developed his own form of therapy to help people find meaning in every aspect of life, naming it logotherapy, which comes from the Greek word logos (meaning).

Emptiness can leave a person feeling emotionally numb, despondent, isolated, and anxious. People attempt to fill that void in a number of ways, often engaging in activities that are ultimately unfulfilling, such as compulsive shopping, eating, or the use of substances. Unfortunately, our consumer culture capitalizes on feelings like emptiness, promising fulfillment with this or that product. A person might instead attempt to combat feelings of emptiness and give new meaning to life by volunteering, taking up a hobby, adopting a pet, cultivating or maintaining a spiritual practice, or other activities that may prove more emotionally fulfilling.
Mental Health Diagnoses Associated with Emptiness

There are three conditions in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) that list emptiness as a criterion for diagnosis:

Find a Therapist

Enter ZIP or City
Advanced Search
Depression: A sense of emptiness is related to feelings of hopelessness, loss of pleasure, low self-worth, and low motivation.
Borderline personality: Chronic feelings of emptiness are associated with impulsivity, an unstable sense of self, and suicidal ideation or self-harm.
Alcohol and drug addiction: People may attempt to alleviate feelings of emptiness and depression by self-medicating. The lack of availability of an addictive substance or attempts to quit using can also produce feelings of emptiness.
An empty bench at the seaside

Emptiness, Spirituality, and Existentialism

The concept of emptiness is also associated with several philosophical and spiritual traditions, though its meaning in each of these contexts differs from the potentially distressing psychological state addressed on this page.

In Buddhism, for example, the concept of emptiness, known as Sunyata, is associated with renouncing ego and desire in order to achieve openness, inner peace, receptivity, and ultimately, enlightenment. This kind of emptiness is a way of perceiving experience without the attachment of ego or self, and it is a goal for practitioners of Buddhism. Similar themes of renouncing worldly desires and greed appear in many forms of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, though the ultimate goals of achieving emptiness can vary among the traditions.

Existentialism, on the other hand, identifies meaninglessness as a reality of life, like death. The theory views people as capable of finding meaning in their own lives, and existential psychotherapy techniques, like Frankl’s logotherapy or humanistic psychotherapy, can help people find their inner wisdom and achieve a sense of meaning.

Therapy for Emptiness

Feelings of emptiness can be intolerable, and they can have the unfortunate effect of leading people to believe that there is nothing in their life to hope for, that nothing will ever make the emptiness go away. But therapy can help with feelings of emptiness, whether the feelings are caused by a diagnosable condition or not. A therapist can do several things to help a person move past these feelings, such as:

Determine if the feelings are caused by a treatable disorder such as depression and if they are not, help an individual discover the reason for these feelings.
Empower an individual to find and implement strategies to cope with emptiness.
Help an individual master the skills needed to move past behaviors that contribute to emptiness and find ways to stop negative thought processes.
Help an individual find ways to navigate interpersonal conflicts leading to feelings of emptiness.
Act as a supportive conversational partner who can help an individual better understand personal needs.
Case Examples

Depression after college: Katrina, 23, enters therapy with a sudden onset of depression with prominent feelings of emptiness. She has just graduated college, is not working, and recently split up with her boyfriend, whom she had dated for several years throughout college. The therapist inquires about her life goals and plans; she has none. Together, they uncover Katrina’s feelings of terror about being alone and beginning her adult life. Through therapy, Katrina begins to explore what her life means to her, her fear of death, her ambivalence about her sexuality, and the resources available to her—both external and internal—that can help her feel content and cope with the uncertainties of life.
Transitioning into retirement: Brett, 69, recently retired and has found he no longer enjoys any of his previously enjoyable activities. He even avoids spending time with his grandchildren, who used to always bring a smile to his face. He feels that his life has been “a waste,” and he is full of regrets, but mainly he reports just feeling “empty.” In therapy, Brett discovers how important work was to him for the recognition and sense of accomplishment it afforded, but he also acknowledges his resentment at having to work so hard when he would have liked to enjoy more leisure activities. Over the years, Brett became numb to feelings of love from his family. The therapist helps Brett identify the source of his regrets and find ways to offer forgiveness in these areas. The therapist helps Brett identify the source of his regrets and accept them, normalizes Brett’s ambivalence about retirement, and assists him in identifying some activities that will offer pleasure and meaning.

totally not copying form other web site
Stefan
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog
Stefan is cure for emptiness
kai99

Stefan wrote:

no

Blitzfrog wrote:

Stefan is cure for emptiness
no
show more