forum

After 24 hours of osu! (according to playtime)...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JigglePhysic
...I'm still terrible at HD and maps above 3 stars. I feel like I'm not improving at all. Any advice?
Sandy Hoey
24 hours is nothing, just keep playing. And you can always play without hidden on
kai99
3 stars seem like nothing but it's only the number that seem like nothing - since - I've been playing 100+ hours and still am playing around 3.5-3.7 stars

seriously though, don't rush it. take your time and skill will eventually come...
7ambda

JigglePhysic wrote:

...I'm still terrible at HD
Gee, I wonder why.

Topic Starter
JigglePhysic

F1r3tar wrote:

JigglePhysic wrote:

...I'm still terrible at HD
Gee, I wonder why.

shh don't reveal my secret lol

I mean that I fucking need my approach circles and basically gave up when I try HD for the first time find HD to be impossible for me. Maybe I should've worded that sentence better.
N0thingSpecial
Maybe you should play more
Halliday
You will understand how HD works when you gather enough experience about rhythm and how it actually translates to osu!, and that, you can only achieve with practice and patience.

So please don't rush it and enjoy the game; Play maps that you feel comfortable with, increase the difficulty very smoothly, and you'll get there eventually C:
hayate13
24 hours? those are rookie numbers u gotta pump those numbers up. ur not gonna turn into an osu! god overnight.
-Makishima S-
You are not an osu prodigy, play more.

24 hours is nothing.
Nik42_
My advice is: Don't play hidden until you can do maps with high accuracy, hidden (99% of the time) makes it harder to acc, so until you can 99% no mod don't even try hidden. I would also take Korilak's advice - Don't play mods until you are around 4k pp.
Sandy Hoey

Nik42_ wrote:

My advice is: Don't play hidden until you can do maps with high accuracy, hidden (99% of the time) makes it harder to acc, so until you can 99% no mod don't even try hidden. I would also take Korilak's advice - Don't play mods until you are around 4k pp.

Hidden is the exception because it doesn't increase the difficulty of the patterns, it just changes how you read the notes. For some people, playing with hidden is easier from the start. Just depends
Endaris
1 hour for easy diffs
1 day for normal diffs
1 month for hard diffs
1 year for insane diffs
1 life for extra diffs

(assuming good activity)
I Give Up
its about 100 hours to be consistent at insanes. Sometimes longer or shorter depending on how blessed you are with gene RNG.
kai99

KukiMonster wrote:

its about 100 hours to be consistent at insanes. Sometimes longer or shorter depending on how blessed you are with gene RNG.
yea 150 hours and still can't fc insanes

I blame it on my trackpad
Hiro-Senpai
Oh boi, my advice play more
play 24/7, no eating no sleeping, no shitting. Then i am almost suuure that you will be able to play maps harder maps/or maps with hd.
kai99

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

Oh boi, my advice play more
play 24/7, no eating no sleeping, no shitting. Then i am almost suuure that you will be able to play maps harder maps/or maps with hd.
I'm sure he'll die before that rip

the user that never made it

weakling
Attenox
Shouldn't worry about playing mods at this point. Just play more till you can do higher AR. HD usually gets easier on faster stuff (at least for me). And 24 hours is nothing really. You gotta put some actual time and effort in the game if you want to be decent
oliver smith
I have 20 hours in the game and i can go up to 5* maps averaging B in them. The way i got better was play 0.5 stars above what I'm comfortable and never retry maps always play a different one ( I download 1000 beatmap packs every other day ) so yeah play more play other maps and use a tablet I’m not saying you cant play with mouse but BRO once i got a tablet i improved much quicker
Hydreigon
hi necroposter
Password1234
am i decent i currently have around 21hours playtime and i can roughly play with hidden on/i can also roughly complete 4star maps
[AlphaCentauri]
Instead of necroing make a new thread.