forum

Train HD HR or HD DT ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mashiiko
My 2 best scores are HDDT, the other one is HD HR and even if it was 30 seconds, it was much harder than the others
Should I train HD HR and get aim or spam HD DT for speed ?
Endaris
why not both?
Topic Starter
Mashiiko
I though just training HD DT wouldn't give me as much skill as HD HR, that's why i ask this question ^^
Sandy Hoey
Why not neither
kai99
nomod masterracee
Sayorie
Train anything you want, as long as you don't forget about nomod
Hibiya-chan
Why not FL?
Caput Mortuum
why not ezhd?
markii

kai99 wrote:

nomod masterracee

HDHR is the master race, actually, also reporting in.

@op play fun maps, TYPICALLY speaking HDHR maps will have more complex patterns than HDDT maps, and will teach you cursor aswell as finger control. HDDT will force you to gain speed, aswell as make you learn to relax while playing (note: at first you will naturally tense up while playing high bpm, fight this and learn to repax, it will not only make you play better, and help stamina, it will prevent RSI, apply this to all styles of playing, but this style almost demands it)

Both will have more simple patterns than equivalent nomod maps, which will probably result in weaker reading abilities, both will most likely have easier jumps resulting in weaker aim, "but Markii HDHR makes jumps harder with tiny circles!!" you might say, this is true a maps jumps will be harder with HR, but a 6.5* jump map is going to have much further jumps than a 6.5* HR map. This is the difference between aim and precision.

I personally would stick with nomod for much longer, I didn't play with mods seriously until about 3k (No particular reason this is just when I started) and up until then I was a 90% pass HDHR shitter, after getting better fundamentals the transition was easy I can now play HDHR competently for my rank.

What I would suggest is this, if there's a map you stumble on and think "This would be fun with DT" slap HDDT on that bish, and if you have any songs you really like that are too easy to be challenging or fun anymore throw on HDHR, but focus on rhythm sense, and fundamental skills for now, such as stamina, aim, speed, reading, etc...
N0thingSpecial
Considering your acc. Neither
kai99

markii wrote:

What I would suggest is this, if there's a map you stumble on and think "This would be fun with DT" slap HDDT on that bish, and if you have any songs you really like that are too easy to be challenging or fun anymore throw on HDHR, but focus on rhythm sense, and fundamental skills for now, such as stamina, aim, speed, reading, etc...
amen

tbh OP can do anything if he wants / if he can do it

glhf
N0thingSpecial

kai99 wrote:

tbh OP can do anything if he wants / if he can do it
He wouldn't be asking if he did know
Railey2
whatever you like better
Topic Starter
Mashiiko
Thx for answers ^^
I think I will train nomod for a long time, then HD HR but not HD DT(idk why I hate this mod, even if it gives a lot of pp)
I Give Up

markii wrote:

kai99 wrote:

nomod masterracee
HDHR is the master race
Mouse is master race!

@OP I think you should focus on aiming precision, so slow bpm jumps and technical maps. This should be 90% of what you play till you get to 5k pp if you want to progress further after that. Or you could DT farm now and hit the 5k wall real hard.
-Makishima S-
You will really feel cancer on low bpm with HDHR. IMO minimal for HR is like 160-170. Something below this should be DT.
Conclusion - why not both?
Attenox
No point in doing HR at that rank
Play DT
Nattsun

Attenox wrote:

No point in doing HR at that rank
Play DT
No. AR8+<200BPM DT is like playing overweighted nomod farmmaps :^)

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Why not neither
^this.