forum

Infected Mushroom - The Pretender [Taiko|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
show more
_handholding
just lol
Ephemeral
Do you have RLC's permission to use his hitsounding so closely? It's almost 1:1 in some parts. Not really sure if I'm comfortable with that even if you do have his permission.
Nao Tomori
Nvm
Topic Starter
gaston_2199

Ephemeral wrote:

Do you have RLC's permission to use his hitsounding so closely? It's almost 1:1 in some parts. Not really sure if I'm comfortable with that even if you do have his permission.
Yeah, Lince have the permission (that was fast)
Now, I don't know what you say about 1:1 parts. So, can you send me a PM with your discord? Maybe you can talk with Lince and resolve his concerns.
Ephemeral
No worries, then. Hitsounding wasn't as close as I thought after subsequent listens anyway.
Topic Starter
gaston_2199

Ephemeral wrote:

No worries, then. Hitsounding wasn't as close as I thought after subsequent listens anyway.
Thanks for understanding :D
RevenKz
SilverCatalyst

RevengeZ wrote:

LMFAO i love this community
squirrelpascals

PizzarollMC wrote:

RevengeZ wrote:

LMFAO i love this community
i agree
sorry this is extremely late :( :( i dont know what caused me to skip over modding this for so long so i definitely owe it to you

lince
• 01:04:008 (4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - would like these curves to feel more structured together, 01:04:524 (1,2) - looks justified but this curve 01:04:008 (4,5,6,7,8) - kind of throws that symmetry off

• 01:09:007 (1,2) - similar to above, these two different curves look strange together

• 01:31:766 (1) - feels weird that this is the only circle not using normal sampleset

• 02:15:214 (1) - 02:12:455 (1,2) - two very differnet ways of handling this rhythm, causes a bit of inconsistency. i would suggest adding something at 02:15:559 - similar to 02:06:938 (1,2) - to stay with your long hold-rhythm concept

• 02:20:731 - not a fan of how you skip over this downbeat, theres a drum and synth at 02:20:731 - that i dont feel like is justified enough by the slider corner

• 02:53:490 (1,1) - not as big of an exaggeration here as something like 02:12:110 (1,1) - , i would suggest adding more because this beat had a lot of impact than usual

• 03:07:973 (2,3,4,5,6) - the curve compared on the stream compared to the slider is a bit sharper, can you make these look better together

looked through the second part a lot and you were pretty consistent with how you mapped this
call me back for qual :)
Aurele
yes boii
Topic Starter
gaston_2199

Lince Cosmico wrote:

squirrelpascals wrote:

sorry this is extremely late :( :( i dont know what caused me to skip over modding this for so long so i definitely owe it to you iim fucking loving you right now so i don't care about the time i waited ♥

lince
• 01:04:008 (4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - would like these curves to feel more structured together, 01:04:524 (1,2) - looks justified but this curve 01:04:008 (4,5,6,7,8) - kind of throws that symmetry off take in mind that the symmetry I wanted is on 01:04:524 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - , if you look it like that it feels really neat

• 01:09:007 (1,2) - similar to above, these two different curves look strange together the samee thing here 01:09:352 (2,3,4) -

• 01:31:766 (1) - feels weird that this is the only circle not using normal sampleset totally missed that onee (even thought i rechecked hitsounds like 5 times)

• 02:15:214 (1) - 02:12:455 (1,2) - two very differnet ways of handling this rhythm, causes a bit of inconsistency. i would suggest adding something at 02:15:559 - similar to 02:06:938 (1,2) - to stay with your long hold-rhythm concept fixed

• 02:20:731 - not a fan of how you skip over this downbeat, theres a drum and synth at 02:20:731 - that i dont feel like is justified enough by the slider corner I'm sorry but i can't be agree at all, of course it's a drum and a downbeat and its kinda relevant, but it iisn't strong as 02:12:628 - , also the emphasis right now is really good imo, and it gives a good feeling while playing more than a generic slider circle pattern

• 02:53:490 (1,1) - not as big of an exaggeration here as something like 02:12:110 (1,1) - , i would suggest adding more because this beat had a lot of impact than usual If you mean the spacing, well i can't do that much about it, If i move it then I would lose the spaciing consistency, the stack (02:55:214 (1) - ) and the blanket (02:54:352 (3,4,5,6,7) - ), also, it already gives the feel that i wanted to express, so it should be ok like that

• 03:07:973 (2,3,4,5,6) - the curve compared on the stream compared to the slider is a bit sharper, can you make these look better together i kinda moved it a bit and adjusted it so i could stack this 03:05:904 (8,8,5) -

looked through the second part a lot and you were pretty consistent with how you mapped this hey thanks :D
call me back for qual :)
thanks a lot squirrel :p
finally :'D, now time to wait gaston to post this lol
I'm here :o
Updated~
squirrelpascals
[not the RLC map]
Topic Starter
gaston_2199
Yeaaah finally!!
Thanks a lot :D
Aurele
congrats!!
Tyistiana
Congratz! :)
nextplay

squirrelpascals wrote:

[not the RLC map]
a n g e r y

Congrats~
Mirash
05:06:248 (1) - was this default normal clap on purpose? you didn't put it first kiai and even if it was on purpose it sounds super out of place here, also 02:22:628 (1) - sounds better without any normal claps on it lol
03:32:455 (1,2) - since 2 has no strong sound like, for example 03:35:214 (1) - it could be spaced closer?? uhh
05:12:110 (2,3,4,5,6) - drum here even as an introduction for coming part with drum samples sounds not that nice tbh, doing it consistent with 01:53:662 (3,4,5,6,7) - will make more sense
06:22:800 (2) - missing a clap
Topic Starter
gaston_2199

Gabe wrote:

congrats!!

Tyistiana wrote:

Congratz! :)

My Angel Kanan wrote:

squirrelpascals wrote:

[not the RLC map]
a n g e r y

Congrats~
Thanks so much ❤

Lince Cosmico wrote:

Mirash wrote:

05:06:248 (1) - was this default normal clap on purpose? you didn't put it first kiai and even if it was on purpose it sounds super out of place here, also 02:22:628 (1) - sounds better without any normal claps on it lol Yes, it was absolutelly on purpose, i wanted to emphasize the vocals more on the last part so i added that even thought i didn't on the previous parts
03:32:455 (1,2) - since 2 has no strong sound like, for example 03:35:214 (1) - it could be spaced closer?? uhh I don't think that it would emphasize it better
05:12:110 (2,3,4,5,6) - drum here even as an introduction for coming part with drum samples sounds not that nice tbh, doing it consistent with 01:53:662 (3,4,5,6,7) - will make more sense ew idk man, i kinda like how is it right now
06:22:800 (2) - missing a clap It's not that i missed it, i removed it cuz i felt that it would feel better to not have it, i focused the emphasis on 06:23:835 - , also it would sound kinda bad if i add it there because 06:22:800 (2,3) - these would work as two consecutive claps and i dont like it at all
uwu thanks for checking
Thanks anyways~
Surono
not weef

argentina best memer
Artymis
Good job! Seeing this qualified put a smile on my face.
Congratulations on the approval!
Topic Starter
gaston_2199

Surono wrote:

not weef

argentina best memer
Not woof :^)

Artymis wrote:

Good job! Seeing this qualified put a smile on my face.
Congratulations on the approval!
Hey, thanks so much!
beaw
I wanted to point out a few issues I have with the "Lince's Deceived" difficulty.

1. 01:44:869 (1,3,2) - Your hitsounds stop emphasizing the snare drum itself and start following vocal beats (01:45:559 (2) - this one specifically). It completely disregards your hitsounding structure. In this section, your patterns reflect the synth's harmony, which is why they are in groups of 3. The hitsounds totally contradict this theory. (05:03:490 - Not to mention, it's inconsistent with this, too).
  2. 02:49:352 (9,8) - Why use such an impactful hitsound for such a quiet sound? This part of the song is a break, and technically speaking, the only thing creating a build-up in this section is the synth which is rising in pitch. This certain set of measures is a cadence, and introduces a new musical idea or phrase. I really don't think this kind of section calls for such emphasis.
  3. The spacing in the first half of the final kiai (04:57:973 - ) is much more similar to the less intense parts before it than it is to its own second half. I feel this first half should be used to raise intensity/spacing/etc. for the second half, and right now it is very underspaced and doesn't do its job too well. The spike in difficulty is overwhelming as well, when looking at it from a structural standpoint and during gameplay.
  4. 05:12:110 (2,4,6) - What are these supposed to be emphasizing? The only section where you have this specific hitsounding pattern is in the stream-heavy part in the next kiai, and having it here is extremely contradictory. This pattern is unique to 05:20:042 -, and you're taking away one of its mapping characteristics.
I think the map overall is pretty decent and I love the patterns you use in general.

P.S. just in case you didn't know. AiMod always doing the most lmfao smh
pkhg
seen
beaw

pkhg wrote:

seen
seen
Topic Starter
gaston_2199

Stingy wrote:

seen
Plz, talk with Lince via discord
beaw

gaston_2199 wrote:

Stingy wrote:

seen
Plz, talk with Lince via discord
I have been already?
Topic Starter
gaston_2199

Stingy wrote:

I have been already?
I spoke with Lince and he says he can not get into the game yet. He spoke with a QAT and said there were no problems with the marked points
beaw

gaston_2199 wrote:

Stingy wrote:

I have been already?
I spoke with Lince and he says he can not get into the game yet. He spoke with a QAT and said there were no problems with the marked points
ok lol

which QAT?
pkhg
seen
beaw

pkhg wrote:

seen
Lince Cosmico
it was naxess lol