forum

Back and forth jump maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukitemi
How about you give me good maps with "back and forth" jumps and I'll give you nothing in return? Thanks.

Especially I'm interested in these types of them:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/apkkev7dqj5vd4p/My%20name%20is%20Jeff.mp4?dl=0

And apparently I suck at these, so how you guys do them? Do you follow each note or do them with peripheral?
I follow everything in the maps I play, but when it goes to these back and forth jumps AND they are far from eachother I get disorientic.
send help
Hiro-Senpai
I refuse

Play more

How do you think we can help you
Osu is an individual skill based game. You can't learn things from other people
In your case just practice the maps you have problems with (I am pretty sure you have such maps in your library, if you didn't you wouldn't know that you are bad at them)
Topic Starter
Yukitemi
No you can learn from others, what a hell are you talking about?
And I need more of them, genius... to play more... you know.
Jukkii
You can learn things from other people.

Note "can", not "will" it depends on who you are and who youre learning from. For such a basic skill as back and forths you can learn from anyone whos good at them.

However the best person to learn from is yourself, only you know the feeling you have in your hand when you make that movement. Thats how muscle memory develops. You learn from yourself. You can also learn bad things from yourself.

You can create practice maps for back and forths. Its kinda easy and doesnt require mapping skill, just edit another map or make a new diff consisting of back and forths. You can also finetune these patterns to fit what you want to learn.
Hiro-Senpai
Hmm, you are right i should have form it in a different way
But what i meant basically that this player has alread learned the basics down.
From now on the only thing left imo is practice by just playing many maps and trying his best
Topic Starter
Yukitemi

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

From now on the only thing left imo is practice by just playing many maps and trying his best
I know what I need, and I simply asked for it

-Jukke- wrote:

You can create practice maps...
Good idea, but it's gonna feel like a chore... Whatever, gonna try anyway.

Still I'd rather play well made maps than shitmap that I made with one basic pattern :3
-Makishima S-
Hai tai hime hime dan dan
Sayorie
Monstrata
Lami
Fycho

Not like I care about my scores but you can check them out too
Deva
Quit while you still can

I hate those jumps
Nattsun
Aim over the circle, click.
Attenox

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

I refuse

Play more

How do you think we can help you
Osu is an individual skill based game. You can't learn things from other people
In your case just practice the maps you have problems with (I am pretty sure you have such maps in your library, if you didn't you wouldn't know that you are bad at them)
You can actually (:
I Give Up
Best way to learn aiming is to play slow bpm jumpy maps. This teaches you how to move properly first, before jumping into high bpm. Otherwise you f up your muscle memory and reading.

As for what slow jumpy map, well thats every 6 star 180 bpm map in 2017. https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0