forum

Quarter-life crisis

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gracefu
Quarter-life crisis

The quarter-life crisis is a period of life ranging from twenties to thirties,[1][2] in which a person begins to feel doubtful about their own lives, brought on by the stress of becoming an adult.

Aspects

According to The Boston Globe, the quarter-life crisis occurs in one's twenties, after entering the "real world".[3] Erik H. Erikson, who proposed eight crises that humans face during their development, proposed the existence of a life crisis occurring at this age. The conflict he associated with young adulthood is the Intimacy vs. Isolation crisis. According to him, after establishing a personal identity in adolescence, young adults seek to form intense, usually romantic relationships with other people.[4]

Common symptoms of a quarter life crisis are often feelings of being "lost, scared, lonely or confused" about what steps to take in order to transition properly into adulthood. Studies have shown that unemployment and choosing a career path is a major cause for young persons to undergo stress or anxiety. Early stages of one living on their own for the first time and learning to cope without parental help can also induce feelings of isolation and loneliness. Re-evaluation of one's close personal relationships can also be a factor, with sufferers feeling they have outgrown their partner or believing others may be more suitable for them.

Recently, Millennials are sometimes referred to as the Boomerang Generation or Peter Pan Generation, because of the members' perceived penchant for delaying some rites of passage into adulthood for longer periods than previous generations. These labels were also a reference to a trend toward members living with their parents for longer periods than previous generations.[5]
Blitzfrog
I think i'm not Deez nuts on your chin crisis

I'm probably quarter-squared-life cus on my userpage it says I'm 16
kai99
thx for describing my life
Topic Starter
gracefu

kai99 wrote:

thx for describing my life
np
Foxtrot
ITT: a bunch of pussies
levesterz
Wow i was wayyy too early to felt doubtfull to live . I felt it during age of 6 sooo...... what doez it called?
Zekks
Would anyone like some existential crisis stew?
Sentencings

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

Yeah cause you know, I just wanna suffer. :3
levesterz

[ - Zekks - ] wrote:

Yay stew