forum

Cornelius - Gum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IcePagoda
I think it's the hardest one I've done (will make easier charts later... probably need a tablet pc for this version since the song is 190bpm), but if you learn the song, it fits... I think.

Timing might be slightly off, but you'll have to judge for yourself (Personally I think it's ok).

Cornelius - Gum

Good luck.

P.S. This song has a video, and I used to have it... If I find it, I'll reupload with it included.

EDIT: added to DB.
Extor
Upload your files in http://peppy.chigau.com/
peppy
Bumping for no response yet! (I'll check tonight if noone else has)
awp
You've got your BPM down pat. After about 10 tries I got to the halfway point and I still couldn't make it through, but that's no fault of the note placement or timing or anything...I'm just not used to it yet. Knowing the song (which is pretty weird but cool in its own right) is imperative to getting through this. Since I couldn't do it myself, I watched the computer do it, and there's only a couple of instances where there's an inconsistent jump (2:33:00 has a section...you've got 1-2, pause, 3 4 5-6 and the 5-6 jump is a bit irregular because of the timing compared to the rest of the song) but other than that I think it's great. People might disagree with me simply because of how strange it is...that, or, the fact that it's almost exclusively tapping beats in a very consistent pattern:

(2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2,
2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2,
2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2 etc)

but I find that completely appropriate here. The spinners being used for distortion effect are a clever added touch. Apart from it being a precision nazi, I love it.

EDIT: Also...I don't know if a video is really necessary for this...unless it has lots of flashing neon lights.
awp
Wait I just got through it =D!

300/100/50 Xs
358/161/18 22

Damn it's pretty stingy. I think this is quite a good beatmap, though. Persistency over failure won it for Wizards of Winter, so why not this piece?

(Adding the word concentrate! somewhere might be a good touch lol)
Extor
I agree with awp, I don't see any flaws on this beatmap. But you should make an easier version of it without the fast-appearing notes and maybe less circles.

Cya!
Manabeast
This song is hard in a different way, and I approve.

I can't see anything really wrong with it. Easy mode should be included, though.
awp
Question is, do we want to wait for an Easy mode before ranking it, or tack that on later?

If you've got the time to conjure up an Easy mode, we'd appreciate it.
Topic Starter
IcePagoda
I'm working on an easier version as well...

...and the video is black and white kanji animation... if I can FIND IT!!! Grrrr.... :lol: