forum

[Archived] osu! freezing during map select menus

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jordab
Problem Details:
When trying to select a map the game freezes for a second or two and sometimes even not responds for a few seconds until catching up. It rarely ever freezes during actual gameplay but when it does its usually at or around the start of the beatmap. I've tried nearly everything such as restarting PC, reinstalling, running as admin, running in compatibility for win7, setting priority to high, setting priority to realtime, using compatibility mode in options, and changing resolution (normally play in fullscreen and its even worse then) also tried removing beatmaps to see if the 49k maps I have was the problem and it still was lagging with ONLY the default ones installed. I'm not sure what happened because when I got my computer everything was fine for the first few months. It wasn't until one time I was switching from aero theme to the old ugly looking theme (cant remember the name) and my screen went grey. And every time I tried restarting my PC after logging in it was just grey and never changed. I had to start up in safe mode and switch themes to fix it and since then my PC has been running randomly slower and sometimes not, but osu! has always been like this since then and I just cant take it anymore. In the video I had a GIF playing in the background to show my PC it self wasn't freezing and it was just the game.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Me14KPzYUk

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)