How did you find osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Momochuuan21
i found this game on randomly recommended youtube
Sebastianko99
> About a year ago, was chilling and browsing YouTube
> I find this video randomly, I don't know how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVIgshtOag
> Decided to look up what game that is in the video, looked interesting. (No experience with rhythm -games before)
> A year later: Still playing, enjoying the game a ton. Used to play a lot of Osu!Standard, but I now play Taiko, a LOT...

In nutshell:

A meme from 2014 got me into this game.
SagirixD
Taken_name
My friend told me i would get better at CS:GO.... that was 2 years ago... Man how things have changed
radda
i saw rrtyui's big black ss and was inspired
Logitazer
About a month ago, i was browsing on Youtube and somehow i ended up with "Stream fail compilations" and suddenly some osu "Fail" Videos were recommended.
So i clicked on some Videos and thought "HOW are they doing this??!"

So I searched for Osu and was shocked that almost 10,5 Million people were registered and i had no clue about this game.
I like Rythm games (played alot Rockband, Guitar Hero), i like Music and i like Anime so it was a win win Situation ^^
(and i was getting sick of shooter games)

But i really thought it would be easier. On some Videos it seems so "easy" and i thought "pff i can do this..easy going! Im a Drummer and a (learning)
Piano Player..it should be easier for me right? I have good sense of tact!

Well..it wasn´t that easy.. i was stuck on 2* Maps because i couldn´t do 3* maps for like 2 weeks. Now after a Month of playing im able to do some 3-4* Maps
and its just fun to see how you are improving.

So how did i find osu? Through Lucky recommendations on Youtube xD I think one of the first Videos i saw were this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5YHD2KaAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgWFpgrlmzc
Softwarm
I found osu! through an apparently popular way: minecraft pvp people. Though, I didn't find out about osu! from gayzmcgee, but a singaporean player who talked about it on a server's forums quite a bit. "Cool story."
[ Zhiend ]
I played CSGO and people told me it'd improve my aim, switched to osu and stopped playing CSGO :P
Fairy_Stray
Back when Gendou was active (and the chat worked), some of the other Gendouians played it; I didn't at the time but remembered it one day when I could eventually play, and wa~la, I'm here.
Rope Bunny
A friend got me into osu, stuck around just long enough to get me hooked a then when inactive... never to play osu again :(
TheHSC
I would have to say I found osu by pure luck and misfortune at the same time XD one of the only games I play is this and Minecraft and sometimes doom
Ideal
GreySilence (aka Zephhyre)'s videos he did on his 2nd channel and through Gayzmcgee
Revaxion
from my best friend when i was 13
Ange C
found osu on a forum i always went on lmfao, yo this one guy even made a single thread all about it
mynameyusuf
found osu in some video on youtube...

when i finished watching some anime, i have interest in ED song dat anime, then i search it on youtube...
then i saw one video that interest me,that is osu!...
still remember what i watch: watching DarkRingSystem replay's playing "Team Nekokan feat. Amaoto Junca - Tsunagu Kizuna (KanaRin) [Kana]"...
after that, i try to play this game, and i hooked into it...
'till now...

*i dont know where the original video that i watch, looks like has been deleted by user...
*anime that i watch: *osuga *o *ora (ecchilovers know dat title :D )...
*background on dat beatmap become my profile since i registered on osu! :D
*sorry for bad english :P
Jump Farmer
Friend told me xd
Nidoking
A wild Nidoking has appeared.
NepNep-
Was searching for crossing field opening videos, and I found osu.
Ended up playing that same map for 2 months all the time.
Perhaps I should fc it now so I can finally look down on my old self and say "I finally fc'd the normal difficulty mate".
Gods
My friend kept ditching me for osu!
I came to find out why
Now i know why.
keremaru
classmate in english was playing it, so i asked what it was, and he said "osu", and then i recognized that name because a few months back i watched a run of blood sugar on youtube, so i didn't know that osu had multiple gamemodes. and now i play ctb, mania and standard. taiko is too hard XD
Blazetop
I watched a friend of my brother played osu! and then I thought... "Looks like an another game that I can waste my life in.". Started playing on mania but then this year, I started to transition to standard.
chubbagubba
I was searching for renai circulation on youtube to send to my friend, an osu! video of renai circulation popped up and i didnt pay much attention at the time and sent it to her. After that she introduced me to osu! after telling me that the video came from the game :D ever since then I haven't stopped playing <3 this was ~10 months ago