forum

How did you find osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tacoultimite209
I found osu about maybe two years ago but i didn't start playing it until a few months ago/
I found some osu Undertale videos and i thought, "Wow this game looks fun," but i assumed you could only play with a tablet, so I was like, "Darn." but a few years later my friend has it on her windows tablet with an actual drawing tablet (Some hardcore tablet on tablet action goin on here) and she said that you can use a mouse and i was like, "Whoa!" But at this time I had a very under powered computer so i was going to wait to download. But one night i was like well I'm bored.
I know ill download osu to see if it'll work. It ran at a glorious 60 Fps, Except on video maps cause 2 gigs of ram will barley get you anywhere. So yeah that's the story of how I started osu.
Doggebi
AlexPain24 YT videos
Sir qwertz
Back in about 2012, a few girls from a Minecraft server I used to frequent daily were quite into the game. I didn't know much about it then, and since the type of music they were playing didn't really tickle my fancy, I never looked too far into it. Fast forward to last weekend. I was hanging with one of my friends and we needed to test the lag on a monitor, so what does he do but pull up osu? He plays osu!mania, and as a piano player, this got me excited. I proceeded o download it immediately and got hooked instantly. Oddly enough, I play more osu!standard now than mania.
Momochuuan21
i found this game on randomly recommended youtube
Sebastianko99
> About a year ago, was chilling and browsing YouTube
> I find this video randomly, I don't know how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVIgshtOag
> Decided to look up what game that is in the video, looked interesting. (No experience with rhythm -games before)
> A year later: Still playing, enjoying the game a ton. Used to play a lot of Osu!Standard, but I now play Taiko, a LOT...

In nutshell:

A meme from 2014 got me into this game.
SagirixD
Taken_name
My friend told me i would get better at CS:GO.... that was 2 years ago... Man how things have changed
radda
i saw rrtyui's big black ss and was inspired
Logitazer
About a month ago, i was browsing on Youtube and somehow i ended up with "Stream fail compilations" and suddenly some osu "Fail" Videos were recommended.
So i clicked on some Videos and thought "HOW are they doing this??!"

So I searched for Osu and was shocked that almost 10,5 Million people were registered and i had no clue about this game.
I like Rythm games (played alot Rockband, Guitar Hero), i like Music and i like Anime so it was a win win Situation ^^
(and i was getting sick of shooter games)

But i really thought it would be easier. On some Videos it seems so "easy" and i thought "pff i can do this..easy going! Im a Drummer and a (learning)
Piano Player..it should be easier for me right? I have good sense of tact!

Well..it wasn´t that easy.. i was stuck on 2* Maps because i couldn´t do 3* maps for like 2 weeks. Now after a Month of playing im able to do some 3-4* Maps
and its just fun to see how you are improving.

So how did i find osu? Through Lucky recommendations on Youtube xD I think one of the first Videos i saw were this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5YHD2KaAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgWFpgrlmzc
Softwarm
I found osu! through an apparently popular way: minecraft pvp people. Though, I didn't find out about osu! from gayzmcgee, but a singaporean player who talked about it on a server's forums quite a bit. "Cool story."
[ Zhiend ]
I played CSGO and people told me it'd improve my aim, switched to osu and stopped playing CSGO :P
Fairy_Stray
Back when Gendou was active (and the chat worked), some of the other Gendouians played it; I didn't at the time but remembered it one day when I could eventually play, and wa~la, I'm here.
Rope Bunny
A friend got me into osu, stuck around just long enough to get me hooked a then when inactive... never to play osu again :(
TheHSC
I would have to say I found osu by pure luck and misfortune at the same time XD one of the only games I play is this and Minecraft and sometimes doom
Ideal
GreySilence (aka Zephhyre)'s videos he did on his 2nd channel and through Gayzmcgee
Revaxion
from my best friend when i was 13
Ange C
found osu on a forum i always went on lmfao, yo this one guy even made a single thread all about it
mynameyusuf
found osu in some video on youtube...

when i finished watching some anime, i have interest in ED song dat anime, then i search it on youtube...
then i saw one video that interest me,that is osu!...
still remember what i watch: watching DarkRingSystem replay's playing "Team Nekokan feat. Amaoto Junca - Tsunagu Kizuna (KanaRin) [Kana]"...
after that, i try to play this game, and i hooked into it...
'till now...

*i dont know where the original video that i watch, looks like has been deleted by user...
*anime that i watch: *osuga *o *ora (ecchilovers know dat title :D )...
*background on dat beatmap become my profile since i registered on osu! :D
*sorry for bad english :P
Jump Farmer
Friend told me xd
Nidoking
A wild Nidoking has appeared.
NepNep-
Was searching for crossing field opening videos, and I found osu.
Ended up playing that same map for 2 months all the time.
Perhaps I should fc it now so I can finally look down on my old self and say "I finally fc'd the normal difficulty mate".
Gods
My friend kept ditching me for osu!
I came to find out why
Now i know why.
keremaru
classmate in english was playing it, so i asked what it was, and he said "osu", and then i recognized that name because a few months back i watched a run of blood sugar on youtube, so i didn't know that osu had multiple gamemodes. and now i play ctb, mania and standard. taiko is too hard XD
Blazetop
I watched a friend of my brother played osu! and then I thought... "Looks like an another game that I can waste my life in.". Started playing on mania but then this year, I started to transition to standard.
chubbagubba
I was searching for renai circulation on youtube to send to my friend, an osu! video of renai circulation popped up and i didnt pay much attention at the time and sent it to her. After that she introduced me to osu! after telling me that the video came from the game :D ever since then I haven't stopped playing <3 this was ~10 months ago