forum

How did you find osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
lotusdarkgarou
By searching for an opening of an anime i found a video of an osu! gameplay and I decided to try like many others I think. :)
Viewland
word of mouth
Enitsuj_03
Was looking for Attack on Titan cracks when i was in the early stages of being a weeb then i saw a "Cookiezi meme".
Teh Kotak_old
saw a friend playing it, it looked fun to play so I decided to try it out
he taught me lots of things
Obiwan
Through discord.
Cahyono29
from youtube
joshmademe
my ex made me play it.
corsid
youtube
\
Celine
Cookiezi cult members
Jien

MoZ wrote:

I was watching some alexpain24 videos on YouTube. he was playing osu! so the next day I got osu! and minecraft the end

I found the osu! by watching the pro osu!mania gameplay at YouTube at 6 or 7 months ago.
autoteleology
I played a LOT of Elite Beat Agents as an early teenager. Found this while reminiscing about old times.
realy0_
with a old random post in the gd forums with cyclic = cookiezi
Sound008
Heard about it back when I loved Cytus. Few years later my friend started playing osu and I followed shortly after.
Jun Maeda
My friend told me for that game and he said to install that game and i didnt thought what is that game but i was seen youtube what is that game and i thought ^^
Z V I E R A T
i was a big fan of stepmania, so when i saw staiain play it i was quick to download
theicedp
Saw a youtube video of a guy playing Hotto Doggu on osu! And was wondering what the hell the game was. Now I have a new found love.
Z V I E R A T
ive seen that video
[- LenoxHD -]
Some guy on youtube was playing a Nisekoi map on osu so i got interested

i wanna thank him for bringing me to this circle hell but i forgot his name
TishaBob
I was hanging out with a friend at the public library, and he takes a laptop out with a graphics tablet. And then I noticed that it was for some rhythm game called osu...
Guzma
2012, i'd heard about it on a lot of the weeaboo garbage sites i frequent
then i downloaded it in 2014 bc my irl best friend told me she plays
but i really got into it in 2015
Cynanti
I was just watching some stupid memes on Youtube when one of WubWoofWolf's videos titled 'IMPOSSIBLE OSU SONG!? U.N Owen was Her?' got recommended to me

So I clicked on it, and my thought was "hmm...this osu! game seems pretty cool, I can do that". So I downloaded the game and attempted to click the circles for the first time! *fails the first 1 star beatmap* :(

ok the end
babble4
hi
i found it from my uncle (;

hi uncle
babble4

theicedp wrote:

Saw a youtube video of a guy playing Hotto Doggu on osu! And was wondering what the hell the game was. Now I have a new found love.
thats a neato profile picture

noot
mulraf
I'm part of the "AMV"-scene on youtube or whatever you wanna call it and there's a now retired editor...ess (idk what's the female version) called "Nakahila". she made a video where she invited people to play a night for fun (#notlewd). i looked the game up and since i always loved rhythm games (used to play frets on fire, audiosurf (even tho i didn't get it lol) and tap tap revenge on mobile) i wanted to give it a try and trained a bit so that i wouldn't totally suck it up in the mp and then joined them. yeah. that's pretty much it :3
Shinx
i've known about this game for years but never played it because i didn't have interest
about a month and a half ago, an osu video popped up in my recommended (and I watched a few more after that)
and i decided to try it out
so yeah
Tacoultimite209
I found osu about maybe two years ago but i didn't start playing it until a few months ago/
I found some osu Undertale videos and i thought, "Wow this game looks fun," but i assumed you could only play with a tablet, so I was like, "Darn." but a few years later my friend has it on her windows tablet with an actual drawing tablet (Some hardcore tablet on tablet action goin on here) and she said that you can use a mouse and i was like, "Whoa!" But at this time I had a very under powered computer so i was going to wait to download. But one night i was like well I'm bored.
I know ill download osu to see if it'll work. It ran at a glorious 60 Fps, Except on video maps cause 2 gigs of ram will barley get you anywhere. So yeah that's the story of how I started osu.
Doggebi
AlexPain24 YT videos
Sir qwertz
Back in about 2012, a few girls from a Minecraft server I used to frequent daily were quite into the game. I didn't know much about it then, and since the type of music they were playing didn't really tickle my fancy, I never looked too far into it. Fast forward to last weekend. I was hanging with one of my friends and we needed to test the lag on a monitor, so what does he do but pull up osu? He plays osu!mania, and as a piano player, this got me excited. I proceeded o download it immediately and got hooked instantly. Oddly enough, I play more osu!standard now than mania.
Momochuuan21
i found this game on randomly recommended youtube
Sebastianko99
> About a year ago, was chilling and browsing YouTube
> I find this video randomly, I don't know how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPVIgshtOag
> Decided to look up what game that is in the video, looked interesting. (No experience with rhythm -games before)
> A year later: Still playing, enjoying the game a ton. Used to play a lot of Osu!Standard, but I now play Taiko, a LOT...

In nutshell:

A meme from 2014 got me into this game.
SagirixD
Taken_name
My friend told me i would get better at CS:GO.... that was 2 years ago... Man how things have changed
radda
i saw rrtyui's big black ss and was inspired
Logitazer
About a month ago, i was browsing on Youtube and somehow i ended up with "Stream fail compilations" and suddenly some osu "Fail" Videos were recommended.
So i clicked on some Videos and thought "HOW are they doing this??!"

So I searched for Osu and was shocked that almost 10,5 Million people were registered and i had no clue about this game.
I like Rythm games (played alot Rockband, Guitar Hero), i like Music and i like Anime so it was a win win Situation ^^
(and i was getting sick of shooter games)

But i really thought it would be easier. On some Videos it seems so "easy" and i thought "pff i can do this..easy going! Im a Drummer and a (learning)
Piano Player..it should be easier for me right? I have good sense of tact!

Well..it wasn´t that easy.. i was stuck on 2* Maps because i couldn´t do 3* maps for like 2 weeks. Now after a Month of playing im able to do some 3-4* Maps
and its just fun to see how you are improving.

So how did i find osu? Through Lucky recommendations on Youtube xD I think one of the first Videos i saw were this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5YHD2KaAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgWFpgrlmzc
Softwarm
I found osu! through an apparently popular way: minecraft pvp people. Though, I didn't find out about osu! from gayzmcgee, but a singaporean player who talked about it on a server's forums quite a bit. "Cool story."
[ Zhiend ]
I played CSGO and people told me it'd improve my aim, switched to osu and stopped playing CSGO :P
Fairy_Stray
Back when Gendou was active (and the chat worked), some of the other Gendouians played it; I didn't at the time but remembered it one day when I could eventually play, and wa~la, I'm here.
Rope Bunny
A friend got me into osu, stuck around just long enough to get me hooked a then when inactive... never to play osu again :(
TheHSC
I would have to say I found osu by pure luck and misfortune at the same time XD one of the only games I play is this and Minecraft and sometimes doom
Ideal
GreySilence (aka Zephhyre)'s videos he did on his 2nd channel and through Gayzmcgee
show more