posted
Total Posts
show more
n0stamina
An ex got me into Osu!.
Satalia
used to play minecraft and knew gayzmcgee. he basically got me into osu
Nattsun
I played lots of league before I got into osu!. One of my friends recommended it, because I was a diamond player who couldn't hit skillshots at all. Ended up quitting lol and staying here forever...
Majii
From an ex.
About two years ago (approaching), he sent me a play from some pro at the time (can't remember who) and constantly nagged me to play it, even though I had no interest in rhythm games. Then, a while later, we barely talked anymore and one of my conversation starters was, "Hey, what was that game you always wanted me to play with you? You know, the one with the circles?"

He sent me a link to the site, I clicked and made an account :>
picky picky_old
cloud8745 back in '09
Rurree
Asked people in MAL for free online games and 90% of them recommended me osu and here I am
Pochacco
Because of Pizzicato's Eyes of Deviliet gameplay download on first day and playing seriously since April fools
-shig-
lmao I don't really remember. I think it was because I read about it somewhere? And then I watched some gameplay on Youtube. Then, I downloaded the installer, and now I can't escape
Attenox
Randomly through YouTube
Kyrari
Was a shitty LoL player, one day while watching Dyrus's stream I saw him playing another game while waiting for a match to be found and he played https://osu.ppy.sh/s/243

He missed so much on the obvious sliders that it just makes say "dammit I can do better" and decided to try out osu. And surprise, I actually did worse anyway after downloading it and trying it. Over time I played osu! way more than LoL to the point that I don't play LoL anymore.
Sister Kosho
Actually for me I had been watching a YouTube channel called "ItaChu gaming" and they had been playing Osu in the middle of a video and isaw a Hetalia skin and I was like "What is that??? it has Hetalia!!! I need it!!!!" so I went and researched it and here I am XD
FunkyTofu
I was looking through some utaite songs on youtube and found a video of someone playing the game.
AlienSushi
A friend from aottg told me about it, &&' I searched it up on YouTube & it was tempting to play. So now here I am :roll:
C9 Sneaky
I had a friend who posted in a forum from a css server I used to play around 2012 I think saying "oh shit look dis game looks g00d" so I went for it and here I am lol
1Alone
Pewdiepie lol.
I'm one of his fans that actually got through with this game without quitting (well they said that Pewdiepie caused a lot more inactive accounts made around here)
touya999_old
Can't remember. Customized beatmap I guess. Getting a beatmap ranked is troublesome however. I gave up.
Megumj
I saw a friend playing it on Discord, so i was wondering what kinds of game that was. So i was searching for it on YouTube and started playing it! And now i love it so much!! :3
felipon2233
Because i like rhythm games and..... minecraft pvp XD lul
Thanks Mr.Zepphyre ;)
Bobbles
I found the game through a friend when he was playing catch the beat. Keep in mind this was like 4 years ago, I remembered about the game and decided to give it a shot, and here I am after about 2 years of failed accounts and lost passwords and emails.
Laurakko
About 4 years ago, I came across a Swedish streamer (Arkpit) playing osu! on twitch.tv. Well, at the time I didn't have a computer setup capable of osu!, so I decided against creating an account. I should've.
Then when I got my current computer I made an account and installed osu!.
Tornado
4.5 years ago I was very bored of FPS games.But I didn't want to return to other type of games.So I asked my greek FPS friend about if he knows some different generation games.He showed me this video.I wasn't satisfied at all because I didn't think that the game controls are hard as it looks like.So I hadn't any interest and I didn't mind at all.On 2014 May,I was hanging on youtube and searched for nightcore Metal,,rock,dubstep type music.And then suddenly I saw this video on the right side and I clicked it.I laughed a lot and at the same time I was like "wait a second,I remember this game from somewhere".Aaaaand I finally had some interest to download and play the game.When I downloaded osu! and at the same moment when I opened the client,I jumped of from my chair.That god damn loud,distorted Osu!Tutorial music from my 15 years old,dusty sound system...I had panicked and smashed the ESC key to quit the game.On my second attempt I lowered the sounds a little bit and since that day I started to play osu!.I never wanted to play osu! for competition.But there were some times that I had to prove things to many people.And for the last 1.5 years,I just got bored of every single thing of the community and rarely play anyting.But I still spectate my friends sometimes or help the newbie players for leading them to a good direction.
Foliz
-
Luqanted
there has been too many topics like this here in GD man

anyway, I found osu! by some friends that recommended me this game
Reckless
I've known of osu! as the "weeb game" for around three years. Never bothered to check it out though, but because I had gotten into Love live school Idol festival, I wanted to keep playing a rhythm game just not on my damn phone. It was around 12-1 am when I downloaded it. I didn't know anything about it and didn't know what to expect. When I booted up the game I some how convenientally managed to pick a mania map by luck which was what I was looking for. I didn't know my keys though so I backed out and looked it up, I unknowingly picked a standard song though and I specifically remebered thinking "the fuck is this give me back the other mode". Once I did get mania back I stayed up until 4 am playing only stopping because I had school the next day. I only ever played mania until February this year, so if it wasn't for me accidentally picking mania I might have actually quit the game.
Knight_xxx
Keiger
I was looking around youtube, and i always wanted to play a sort of rhythm game like this, so i continued, until i found something called osu in my recommended, and it seemed fun, and it went from there.
extravagance
I was a big geometry dash player back then. I used to watch the youtuber AlexPain27. And while i was browsing his channel. I came accross osu.. And i downloaded it and played it with my laptop trackpad.

I was bad at the game back then

Well. I'm still bad now
There_old_1
A friend of mine showed me this game .
_sparky_
I found out through an online "friend" (i dont even know what happened to her)
ptar124
cookiezi

nuff said
Krux
I chilled with a girl from school about 4 years ago, we talked about videogames when she said she knows a cool "music game" called Osu. After i got home i downloaded it, played one map and instantly closed Osu, because I thought this game would be too hard for me and never touched it again. I have a wacom tablet that i got from my dad last year, remembered Osu about 8 months ago and started playing it sometimes . I later created an account to play online and well... now im a weeb addicted to clicking circles who always tries to farm them pp whenever i have time to spare and ragequit after every shitmiss.

TL;DR: i sold my soul to this firetrucking game
Disillusionz
Through Yandere Simulator
Stanvord
Through laying in bed for the entire night, refreshing the recommended page on YT over and over again.
DrynnGG
From discord
friday0971

MoZ wrote:

I was watching some alexpain24 videos on YouTube. he was playing osu! so the next day I got osu! and minecraft the end
When i was a junior high school student
My best friend told me should download the OSU
Because This is the best the music game and i got osu!

This amazing
eEgg
I found the game today.
my friend told me about it so as it was downloading I watched a video about it, it's so fun and I hope I can make some friends :3
Cnyan

MoZ wrote:

I was watching some alexpain24 videos on YouTube. he was playing osu! so the next day I got osu! and minecraft the end
I was on youtube then i saw a video with a lot of circles and now im here forever
Zeugziumy
I found on a magazine years, years ago. Started playing 9 years ago (had an older account before, I think I forgot the password, so I ended up creating another, but I'm not really sure).

Also, I found out about Taiko before osu implemented it too, and it was on another Magazine, talking about the first Taiko DS, focusing on the unique two color styluses that the game came bundled with.
Ryoid
My friend secretly instal osu on my cousin pc
-Flux
I found it while scavenging. And I saw a gameplay, and wanted to try it out.
show more