forum

Mental Health Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Aurani
I..... actually like OP, even though he's a murrican and most likely either an immigrant or black. :V
Topic Starter
Sentencings

Aurani wrote:

I..... actually like OP, even though he's a murrican and most likely either an immigrant or black. :V
*grins* Thanks! I'm female and Brazilian-American by the way... (Yet I can't speak Portuguese for some reason...)
Rurree
no wonder you like drake

Topic Starter
Sentencings

Madvillain wrote:

THAT IS LITERALLY ME
Hika
Me af.

Also I'm gonna try antidepressants again. Hopefully they get it right this time.
I'm generally against them because they always make me feel deprived of everything. Literally feels like a zombie. No emotions and everything feels so forced.
Topic Starter
Sentencings

Hika wrote:

Me af.

Also I'm gonna try antidepressants again. Hopefully they get it right this time.
I'm generally against them because they always make me feel deprived of everything. Literally feels like a zombie. No emotions and everything feels so forced.
Could it be the same brand or another brand you're using? Cause sometimes I think it can activate right or wrong depending on the brand.
Foxtrot
Brand name doesn't really matter when it comes to medications. For example, if you're having bad side effects with Prozac it just means that you're not reacting well to the chemical itself, which is Fluoxetine.
Hika
I'm assuming the dosage was incorrect. I also received ambien and abilify when I was taking Prozac too..
Golterboose
I know this is a but personal but I was wondering if this was mental health related.

Every now and then I have dreams about my mother yelling at me and saying that I can't do shit right and how I will never amount to anything in life and I am just one giant fuck up.

When I have those specific dreams, I just wake up crying for like 30 minutes. Would this be mental health related or trauma?
Hika
Has she actually done anything like that to you irl?
Golterboose
Yeah I would say I have been emotionally abused by her quite often.

Also incase this would have anything to do with it I have
Aspergers (Diagnosed)
ADHD (Diagnosed)
Social Anxiety (Diagnosed)
I also believe I may have depression
Hika
I'm not a licensed medical therapist or anything but imo, it could be trauma and could develop into another disorder if you're not put in a better environment...
then again your mother is just really abusive and you should get out of that situation honestly
Golterboose
I am quite young and currently unable to have a stable life independently I am kinda trapped in a toxic situation

Another thing that makes the "trauma" worse is that I am secretly Bisexual but my mother is highly religious to the extent that she would honestly disown me if she found out I was Bi, stuff like that pop into my dreams as well which do upset me as well but more frustrate me to the extent where for long periods of time my personality is so black and white, if I dwell on stuff like that and cause of anxiety my brain loves to dwell on that, I become really upset and angry at everything.
Izzywing
Another thing that makes the "trauma" worse is that I am secretly Bisexual but my mother is highly religious to the extent that she would honestly disown me if she found out I was Bi, stuff like that pop into my dreams as well which do upset me as well but more frustrate me to the extent where for long periods of time my personality is so black and white, if I dwell on stuff like that and cause of anxiety my brain loves to dwell on that, I become really upset and angry at everything

This is soosososososo SOOO relatable dude. I feel you 100% on that one. I'm actually Asexual, which might seem like a different situation, but my family's culture places a huge importance on marriage and having kids and it's just not for me, man. My parents don't know and if they find out the consequences would be awful. It's the kind of thing that just sticks in the back of my mind, creating a lot of anxiety and stress.
Golterboose
Yeah I know the stress
Adorn
my depression/bipolar is kicking in and i feel like shit but it could maybe be because of b-day + perhaps pms lol idk having disorders really can be confusing sometimes bec its hard for me to determine whether or not im being a hormonal teenager, a pmsing teenager, or a manic depressive, bipolar teenager.

all i know is that this is kicking my ass and a big part of why i havent been around here lately
Golterboose
Being a teenager is the most ubstable years of your life in most cases due to hormones kicking your ass and shit

Having mental health issues on top of that really does not help whatsoever.

Double trouble hahaha
Aomi

Flannel wrote:

idk having disorders really can be confusing sometimes bec its hard for me to determine whether or not im being a hormonal teenager, a pmsing teenager, or a manic depressive, bipolar teenager.
very relatable
Aurani
What I failed to say earlier is that this forum really shouldn't be a place for such threads simply due to the amount of children who are confused about their sexuality/feelings/personality, as they're still trying to figure out their place in this world and misunderstanding quite a lot of things.
I'm not trying to discredit anyone's status, but I'm willing to bet that 95 out of 100 people don't have any kind of disorder.
Golterboose
But due to the imbalance of hormones in a teenagers brain it can cause temporary or permanent mental health issues, even though what you are saying does have some truth to it, if we treat every young person that they are fine then it will cause more stress in their lives as if they do truely have those mental health issues, it could ruin their mental state more.

What you are saying is true and unfortunately people do lie but if you want to keep a forum like this then I believe you shouldn't judge someone based on information that you hear. Try to believe them cause some things that are said are cries for help and they need reassurance that it gets better and everything.
Jellyblob
x
Adorn

Aurani wrote:

What I failed to say earlier is that this forum really shouldn't be a place for such threads simply due to the amount of children who are confused about their sexuality/feelings/personality, as they're still trying to figure out their place in this world and misunderstanding quite a lot of things.
I'm not trying to discredit anyone's status, but I'm willing to bet that 95 out of 100 people don't have any kind of disorder.
as i said on pg 4:
"lot of forums i've been to that have threads like this close the threads if it goes into too much depth on the topic and instead post a stickied thread with hotline links all across the world
could be a good idea in the future since most of these threads often derail pretty hard."
Golterboose
We need to prevent that occurring so if everyone can try to be open minded and accepting of one another then I see this thread not only lasting but a great outlet for those who may be struggling as we will be surrounded by positivity.

Do not assume someone is lying, treat it as if it is legit, cause you never know how someone may struggle in showing or explaining their situation.
Jellyblob
x
johnmedina999

Jellyblob56 wrote:

I just want to know what motivates you guys to get out of bed in the morning.
My alarm. I have to get up every morning to turn my alarm off.
I'm being serious, this is my motivation to get up. Because I know if I let that alarm ring, I won't get up and won't go to school, and that's the worst thing I could do to my mom short of slapping her in the face. I get up in the morning to go to school so I won't disappoint my parents. I feel as if they have given me so much, the least could do to repay them right now is go to school.
If I go to college, I will be the first person in my family to go to higher-level education. Simply the thought of how they would feel if their little boy went to college and the thought of their huge disappointment if I didn't go is enough to wake me up every morning. Now, planning for college is a bit different, as I tend to procrastinate on everything I do, and my parents nag me about it all the time, but that's a different story.

On relationships: I've given up on relationships last year when I realized I was not relationship material by a long shot. I went through a depression phase which I don't want to describe here, but now the only relationships I'll take are the ones that come naturally; in other words, I don't seek them out anymore, I've learned that any time I try to talk to someone I end up pissing them off instead. But that's just me.

I just shared my story, and I hope you'll improve yours to where you want it to be.
Railey2

Aurani wrote:

Remember that we're dealing with a very specific set of people here: The gaming community as a whole already has a problem with mental illness since many games entice people into escapist lifestyles. Osu in particular. You would be surprised how many people here do nothing but play osu, browse the forums and watch anime all day. You can bet that these people have something going on irl, and it's not gonna be pretty. I have a hunch that most people who posted here actually have severe mental health problems.
Aurani
Oh no, that's my bad for not opening up more and explaining my own point of view in more detail. I know full well that a majority of people here have or had to fight depression at some point, including me (those were the good times :V), but I did not refer to depression here. I was talking about other illnesses like the bipolar disorder recently mentioned here.

Unless a professional diagnosed one of those, and like you said, the majority are quite asocial and withdrawn from everyday life to seek help without their parents/close ones doing so for them, it's highly unlikely they have that kind of problem.

Whatever the case, I'll gladly help and support people here and am open for talking if they need it, especially if it's about depression.
Rurree
What motivates me to wake up is that there's something up in store for the day that I fear of missing out on. I've always made it a point to not have a sedentary lifestyle. To stay physically fit, mentally and emotionally stable, have a good diet, surround myself with people I hold dear to me, just to keep me motivated and live life as it's supposed to be lived. At least, that's how I feel and deal with things. I actually like school except the shit ton of work that gets put on us in short notice. But that's probably because I enjoy the company of people.

I'm afraid of staying put. I don't want my life to remain as being where I am. I'm afraid of having a relationship stay stagnant. I just want to keep moving forward, to keep finding out what the future has for me. I may not have a romantic relationship at the moment since I broke up with my gf months ago, but I'm still happy with my life as I feel like I'm not sitting still, not perfectly happy but that's not even the point.

I wish you good well-being and hope everything works out for you, Jellyblob. I don't think I can say anything of merit since what works for me does not work for everybody. But I do genuinely hope your situation improves.
Adorn
I'd like to say that if someone comes to you with problems, the worst thing you can say is "Well, someone out there has it worse off than you!"
although this may be true, just because someone's problems may be larger than ours, doesn't make ours any less relevant.
Achromalia

Tae wrote:

Anxiety and depression...ha...ha...

Me .-.

I keep erasing whatever I say next cause I always am critical about what I say and all and aghhh

(well, actually theres a lot more to it but uhm, opening up on forums where everyone can see isnt comfortable... lets just say my life is shit. Expecting the usual "isnt everyone's" comment.)

okay im good now .w.

bye ;w;

(Edit: agh i fucked up again i never read the details before i post and i wind up bumping or saying something already corrected aghhh sorry bye welp >-<)
Foxtrot

Flannel wrote:

I'd like to say that if someone comes to you with problems, the worst thing you can say is "Well, someone out there has it worse off than you!"
although this may be true, just because someone's problems may be larger than ours, doesn't make ours any less relevant.
That phrase was my self-motivator until I realized it only made me feel worse because I felt (and still do, but not as much) genuine guilt for my own issues, thinking that I had no right to feel the way I do. It's not like I ever wanted or asked for my mental problems, of course.
Adorn

Foxtrot wrote:

Flannel wrote:

That phrase was my self-motivator until I realized it only made me feel worse because I felt (and still do, but not as much) genuine guilt for my own issues, thinking that I had no right to feel the way I do. It's not like I ever wanted or asked for my mental problems, of course.
It's a crock of bullshit. I'm so sick of people trying to make a situation better by belittling (basically) another person. It's not okay in the slightest and it's extremely offensive and ofc, as you said, lead someone to believe their feelings are not okay.
Hika
It's called invalidation and invalidation is just not fair because everyone's feelings matter.

Don't let anyone tell you your feelings don't matter. Or that someone has it worse than you. Don't tell yourself that either because although if true or not, they're not you, you're not them and something harmless to another person may end up triggering you hard and vice versa.

It's just having to find someone to commit to helping you deal with your emotions properly rather than saying "oh it's okay it'll get better". It just doesn't work that way, and I just know that from experience.
picky picky_old

Xuequinox wrote:

Tae wrote:

Anxiety and depression...ha...ha...
Me .-.

I keep erasing whatever I say next cause I always am critical about what I say and all and aghhh

(well, actually theres a lot more to it but uhm, opening up on forums where everyone can see isnt comfortable... lets just say my life is shit. Expecting the usual "isnt everyone's" comment.)

okay im good now .w.

bye ;w;

(Edit: agh i fucked up again i never read the details before i post and i wind up bumping or saying something already corrected aghhh sorry bye welp >-<)
with all due respect, whoever says "isnt everyone's life shit" are often people who's not been affected by a big negative influence in their life, to my experience at least. if youre life's shit, talk to someone about it, dont go around alone with your problems; and dont open up on a forum, if you dont feel comfortable doing so. i hope you'll find a way to enjoy life eventually, since life really isnt shit.

idk if i wrote it earlier, but since we're talking "speculations" and "hormones" "tennagers" etc. then i'll have you know, when i was between 13-16 i thought i had bipolar disorder II, however i later on found out i was just affected by hormones, and honestly just a confused teenager. i also thought i had a period of depression at one time, since i never really had any friends in school and was always bullied, but hey again, i didnt have depression, hormones were onto me again. what im trying to say is, never diagnose yourself with any disorder's, see a doctor or alike, and let them help you out. many disorder's can not be diagnosed 100%, seeing as there often is no concrete proof (unless things have changed since 2011, let me know if so, ill take my words back).

with this being said, if anyone EVER need someone to talk to, do not hesitate to pm me.
Aomi

picky picky wrote:

with this being said, if anyone EVER need someone to talk to, do not hesitate to pm me.
sry youre reserved
Jordan
A friend I knew from the internet and used to speak with every day for months and months killed himself last week. He had been battling depression and suicidal tendencies for his whole life. Don't be afraid to reach out and look for a shoulder to lean on. There are always people that care, even when you can't see it immediately.

R.I.P Zane Clemens Koehler
Adorn
super duper depressed woo hoo woo-hoo for mental health deteriorating
Lacrimae
on medication for about three months already and my depressing thoughts are starting to come back (( :
kms
-Flux
I had autism when I was a child. Fixed by then, but shows some side effects.
Guzma
anxiety, depression, ASD (inb4 Epik 4chan meme), bipolar

i have mental breakdowns all the time and this year has been one of the worst for me mentally :^)