forum

[Archived] Lag spike at start + spikes during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AscensioN
Since some time ago I've gotten lag spikes during the begining of maps (usually either on the first object or somewhere before that) although it's not on every map. This hasn't really annoyed me since I haven't had maps yet that it causes me to miss them or hit them wrongly. However today I started getting random lag spikes during any given map and that does cause me to miss/time hits wrongly. My system (specifications will be given below) is way beyond what I need to play the game and I'm not having spikes in any other games (even those that are really graphically demanding) and I've played with these settings forever.

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 (Not manually overclocked)
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k (Not manually overclocked either)
Keyboard/tablet (I doubt this changes anything but anyway): Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 / Wacom CTH-480

And incase anyone needs it here's a screenshot of my graphics settings:
https://puu.sh/uIyn5/b6ad6eb864.png

Kind regards,
SavantCS
Topic Starter
AscensioN
Forgot to mention that I am running the latest stable build and have tried to switch to other versions but neither of them worked.
Dntm8kmeeatu
As for it lagging at the beginning. Make sure your Universal Offset is 0.

As for the lag spikes during gameplay. Have you restarted your computer? Disable any background programs / processes that may be taking up resources.
Topic Starter
AscensioN

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

As for it lagging at the beginning. Make sure your Universal Offset is 0.

As for the lag spikes during gameplay. Have you restarted your computer? Disable any background programs / processes that may be taking up resources.
Univeral offset is 0 (always has been and just checked that it still is). Nothing is running that shouldn't be running or should take up resources the game needs.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Are you sure everything not required is closed or disabled? This includes things like Anti-virus.
Topic Starter
AscensioN

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Are you sure everything not required is closed or disabled? This includes things like Anti-virus.
I'm not gonna disable my Anti-Virus lol, I can't see how an anti-virus can mess with performance. Except for that anything that shouldn't be running isn't running.

EDIT: For the heck of it I tried playing with the AV disabled and it still occured.
Topic Starter
AscensioN
I managed to fix the lag spike in the beginning (I played around with the offset and then tried to set it back to 0 and that seems to have fixed it), however the random spikes during the game are still occuring.