1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Beatmap Graveyard
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, October 8, 2018 at 12:46:09 AM

Artist: Rameses B
Title: Virtuality
Tags: DnB Drum and Bass Marathon
BPM: 175
Filesize: 10035kb
Play Time: 05:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Balance (5.69 stars, 1393 notes)


Download: Rameses B - Virtuality
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------



「Virtuality」

Always strive to make the reality we live in as true to you as you can. If you want something, go for it and don't let anything pull you down.
-Rameses B


Someone adopt this poor map please :(

Dedicated to all the osu! content creators--hope you enjoy.

This was my first map under the Spring 2017 Community Mentorship Program.
posted
03/18/17: This will never get ranked
posted
To be honest, I hope this does.
Reflection looks really good, but considering that I'm not a regular modder, don't use my word as a final say for anything. ^ -^
There are, however, a ridiculous amount of inherited timing points (with one almost every 1/4 beat from 00:45:572 to 00:54:143) that constantly change the hitsound volume and slider velocity. Are those... necessary? I understand changing the slider velocity, but it just seems like overkill to adjust it that much.
I think it's mapped really well. Considering your note on Duality, I'd change some things from Reflection so that it doesn't just seem like a copy with a few changes.
I could sb this, if you want. :)
Apart from that, it's pretty good! I hope this goes somewhere.
posted

Hypernova Frost wrote:

To be honest, I hope this does.

OwO what's this

Reflection looks really good, but considering that I'm not a regular modder, don't use my word as a final say for anything. ^ -^
There are, however, a ridiculous amount of inherited timing points (with one almost every 1/4 beat from 00:45:572 to 00:54:143) that constantly change the hitsound volume and slider velocity. Are those... necessary? I understand changing the slider velocity, but it just seems like overkill to adjust it that much.

For that section in particular, the kicksliders of each measure are designed to gradually increase and decrease in SV and volume (also spacing if you look close enough) as the song is doing as well--generally an ebb and flow effect. As for the sliderends, I softened them all due to the sounds on them not being particularly clear or important as when the notes change in pitch on each sliderhead.

Detailed? Definitely, but I don't think it's overkill because the player himself can't really notice that there are so many timing points being used. It also wasn't too much work as you can just c/p them. Px


I think it's mapped really well. Considering your note on Duality, I'd change some things from Reflection so that it doesn't just seem like a copy with a few changes.

Yeah, Duality will be much more different than Virtuality; perhaps more technical in nature?

I could sb this, if you want. :)

That'd actually be really cool if you would :OOO

Apart from that, it's pretty good! I hope this goes somewhere.

Glad you like it!
posted
My response to everything:
~Yessss~ :.•♬✧⁽⁽(づ-^ )づ⁾⁾*+:•∴
posted
NM From queue :D
01:03:572 (4,5,6,7) - Tone these jumps down a bit, the jumps before them were nice but these got really big really quick, and it doesnt fit the song.
01:15:743 (2,3,1) - Think of good flow right here, this part just feels wrong to look at.
There are flow problems with the jumps, but idk what your entire intention was. If it was meant to flow weirdly like that keep it, but if not, some of the sliders then need to be fixed
01:28:429 (1,2,3,4,5) - I suggest curving this stream instead of it being a straight line. https://puu.sh/vnRmo/e66dd0f299.PNG is an example.
03:13:343 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3) - This part confuses me. What are you following with the music? Theres obvious sounds in between. Its just confusing.
Overall not a ton of problems. Im also not as wide as more known mappers so they may find things i didn't. Theres just weird flow patterns in here
The straight sliders in the jump sections are just weird to me. My taste is also more curved sliders. But yeah, Love the map. I hope it goes well for you
Btw, first one on my queue <3
posted

Bacwux wrote:

NM From queue :D
01:03:572 (4,5,6,7) - Tone these jumps down a bit, the jumps before them were nice but these got really big really quick, and it doesnt fit the song.

Done, the square pattern was a bit off so they're slightly smaller now.

01:15:743 (2,3,1) - Think of good flow right here, this part just feels wrong to look at.

It's not meant to flow smoothly in order to emphasize the note in the song, as well as an NC. I did the same for the previous two instances at 01:13:343 (1) and 01:14:715 (1).
There are flow problems with the jumps, but idk what your entire intention was. If it was meant to flow weirdly like that keep it, but if not, some of the sliders then need to be fixed
01:28:429 (1,2,3,4,5) - I suggest curving this stream instead of it being a straight line. https://puu.sh/vnRmo/e66dd0f299.PNG is an example.

I wanted to make it straight opposed to the previous curved kicksliders for emphasis. Really just a matter of aesthetics due to the low spacing.

03:13:343 (1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3) - This part confuses me. What are you following with the music? Theres obvious sounds in between. Its just confusing.

It was mapped to the drums in the music, but I agree that it isn't consistent with the rest of the map. Will redo it.

Overall not a ton of problems. Im also not as wide as more known mappers so they may find things i didn't. Theres just weird flow patterns in here
The straight sliders in the jump sections are just weird to me. My taste is also more curved sliders. But yeah, Love the map. I hope it goes well for you
Btw, first one on my queue <3
Thanks for the mod, glad to hear you liked it.
posted
Hello, here from your M4M queue.

00:06:829 - I think the distance from the previous slider and this one is a bit too big, considering the amount of time between them.

00:15:057 - Same as the previous

00:17:800 - Here too. Might be just me though, so do as you wish

00:26:029 - aaaand here too

00:32:457 - this part may come off as surprising, I'd experiment with making those two notes a short slider instead

00:42:486 - i would consider making this slider a bit closer to the previous one

00:43:429 - now here, if there's a slider before that, the player will remember the beat and doubletap those instead of being surprised by a sudden change of pace

01:09:743 - these may be too far from the slider to be considered the same pace by the player, hence making it easy to mistake for a later beat and resulting in a miss

01:27:915 - this one may also be too far, but it's debatable

02:22:172 (2,1,2) - this is a pretty confusing pattern to read, especially since the following 02:22:600 (1) is from a different combo, so it won't even have a followpoint. I suggest changing it up a bit.

02:32:886 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - on this one I had to stop and run it on 50% speed to actually notice what's going on. I don't think it's a fun pattern, but it's playable so it "could" stay, that said it would be a bit better if it was simplified slightly. I'm not saying 'make it an easy curve without any turnssss', since I like those. But it's hard to read due to the fact that the combo is crammed tighly and hard to read out during gameplay because of that.

02:57:915 (1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1) - I was going to point out how the spacing is inconsistent, but now I can see the pattern and I really like it, good one :)

04:04:943 (2) - I think this one should be placed more to the right, maybe not even as much but it's really inconsistent and suggests that the player is susposed to click the slider faster than the previous ones.

04:53:972 (2,1) - the spacing here is a bit inconsistent, should be closer imo


Just some issues with spacing mostly, other than that I really like the map - looks ready to be ranked if it wasn't for the spacing. I'm looking forward to seeing it get bubbled soon ;)
posted

Bearsome wrote:

Hello, here from your M4M queue.

00:06:829 - I think the distance from the previous slider and this one is a bit too big, considering the amount of time between them.

Sure, reduced it a bit.

00:15:057 - Same as the previous

This isn't that much, and the sliderart will have to be changed to something less desirable.

00:17:800 - Here too. Might be just me though, so do as you wish

Yeah, it's fine as it is. Spacing between sliderart isn't constrained too much since it's just a single movement.

00:26:029 - aaaand here too

Not that much compared to others, and it's part of the vertical/horizontal structure, so not good to change it.

00:32:457 - this part may come off as surprising, I'd experiment with making those two notes a short slider instead

Sounded good at first, but I want the new sound to be spaced out from the previous slider, and a 1/4 slider could be easily misread rather than the double. There's also plenty of time to read it due to the slow and long sliders.

00:42:486 - i would consider making this slider a bit closer to the previous one

It really doesn't stand out much from the spacing of other objects.

00:43:429 - now here, if there's a slider before that, the player will remember the beat and doubletap those instead of being surprised by a sudden change of pace

01:09:743 - these may be too far from the slider to be considered the same pace by the player, hence making it easy to mistake for a later beat and resulting in a miss

Won't make them miss, but yes, just noticed that the rotation pattern was inconsistent. Fixed.

01:27:915 - this one may also be too far, but it's debatable

Emphasizes the stronger electronic notes.

02:22:172 (2,1,2) - this is a pretty confusing pattern to read, especially since the following 02:22:600 (1) is from a different combo, so it won't even have a followpoint. I suggest changing it up a bit.

It's meant to form a kite-shaped pattern with the sharp slider and the double symmetrical to its anchor point. Also, not sure what you mean by a lack of a follow point, since they're still there even with the NC. It's a bit hard to read, but there have been recurrences of this rhythm such as 01:38:029 (1,2,1,2) which makes readability not an issue.

02:32:886 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - on this one I had to stop and run it on 50% speed to actually notice what's going on. I don't think it's a fun pattern, but it's playable so it "could" stay, that said it would be a bit better if it was simplified slightly. I'm not saying 'make it an easy curve without any turnssss', since I like those. But it's hard to read due to the fact that the combo is crammed tighly and hard to read out during gameplay because of that.

That's true, but it's also pretty aesthetic in structure and emphasizes the 3/4 clicks nicely. I'd like to keep it for now, but I'll change it up if readability is a problem.

02:57:915 (1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1) - I was going to point out how the spacing is inconsistent, but now I can see the pattern and I really like it, good one :)

Thanks!

04:04:943 (2) - I think this one should be placed more to the right, maybe not even as much but it's really inconsistent and suggests that the player is susposed to click the slider faster than the previous ones.

In normal cases, that would be the case, but I've used the partially stacked 1/8 slider pattern quite a few times already to map this particular sound, such as at 01:53:115 (1,2). It's fine in this map's context.

04:53:972 (2,1) - the spacing here is a bit inconsistent, should be closer imo

Yeah, the ending may be a bit disorganized, so I'll look over it.




Just some issues with spacing mostly, other than that I really like the map - looks ready to be ranked if it wasn't for the spacing. I'm looking forward to seeing it get bubbled soon ;)

If this somehow gets ranked I'll snort timbits
Thanks for the mod! Sorry for rejecting the majority of them, but most of the spacing can be justified through the map's structure and context. That being said, there are some inconsistencies here and there, so thank you for taking your time pointing them out.
posted
hihi nm from q~

Reflection

•00:51:057 (1,2) - these play pretty weird compared to these before 00:49:686 (1,2) -, if you wanna reflect the music change try something like this, it feels more natural to play
•01:01:686 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - try some gradually increasing spacing for those instead? the spacing rn doesnt make much sense to me really
•01:04:429 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - this stream here would look nicer with increasing spacing as well, like this
•01:08:372 (8,1) - this feels really weird to play, since there's no sound at 01:08:115 (6) - you could just make delete that triplet and put the slider on the white tick
•01:12:657 (1,2,3,4) - this part in music is the same as 01:13:857 (3,1,2,3) - , why map it differently in both rhythm and spacing? you can think of other ways to put more variety, be creative
•01:18:143 (1,2,3) - spacing should be reversed here, 1-2 should be smaller than 2-3 cuz 3 is a stronger sound, same goes for 01:19:515 (1,2,3) -, 02:15:743 (1,2,3) -, etc. emphasis looks good otherwise for the most part, just look for more goofs like this here and there and fix them pls
•01:27:057 (1,2,3) - nc all of those or give them a seperate colour to indicate they're 4/5 rhythm
•03:18:143 (1,2,3,4,5) - I think something like this would fit the music better here
•03:24:486 (1,2,3,4) - any specific reason these are 1/6? I mean it's not against anything, just seems a bit weird instead of just lowering the sv and making them 1/4

gl~
posted

Arutsuki wrote:

hihi nm from q~

Reflection

•00:51:057 (1,2) - these play pretty weird compared to these before 00:49:686 (1,2) -, if you wanna reflect the music change try something like this, it feels more natural to play

It's fine due to flow not being really affected by low spacing.

•01:01:686 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - try some gradually increasing spacing for those instead? the spacing rn doesnt make much sense to me really

If you look closely, they're in a square structure, and the second pattern does have slightly larger spacing than the first to reflect the gradual intensity of the music.

•01:04:429 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - this stream here would look nicer with increasing spacing as well, like this

Changed, but mainly to make the accelerating spacing consistent with the rest of the map.

•01:08:372 (8,1) - this feels really weird to play, since there's no sound at 01:08:115 (6) - you could just make delete that triplet and put the slider on the white tick

Removed the triplet but kept the slider as it represents the vocal.

•01:12:657 (1,2,3,4) - this part in music is the same as 01:13:857 (3,1,2,3) - , why map it differently in both rhythm and spacing? you can think of other ways to put more variety, be creative

I did map it very similarly in both rhythm and spacing, aside from no circle on the downbeat due to the electronic note being sustained.

•01:18:143 (1,2,3) - spacing should be reversed here, 1-2 should be smaller than 2-3 cuz 3 is a stronger sound, same goes for 01:19:515 (1,2,3) -, 02:15:743 (1,2,3) -, etc. emphasis looks good otherwise for the most part, just look for more goofs like this here and there and fix them pls

Sure, will do.

•01:27:057 (1,2,3) - nc all of those or give them a seperate colour to indicate they're 4/5 rhythm

Forgot about that, fixed (it's 3/4 by the way).

•03:18:143 (1,2,3,4,5) - I think something like this would fit the music better here

Rhythmically it's identical, and more importantly, I'm not HanzeR.

•03:24:486 (1,2,3,4) - any specific reason these are 1/6? I mean it's not against anything, just seems a bit weird instead of just lowering the sv and making them 1/4

They're 1/8 sliders lol

gl~
Thanks for the mod!
posted
please go easy on me opsi senpai

General:
Can you maybe make the sliders at the start either a lot edgier or not at all because I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're going for here
Like, either go for sharp corners or go for soft turns. It's really weird how it is now.

Also, that's a lot of NCs...

There are about eight seconds without any audio in them near the end, so consider editing the .mp3 in Audacity or something.

Reflection (aka the only diff because everyone maps marathons in 2017 for some reason):

00:20:543 (1) - The self-border overlap here is kind of weird since it doesn't really seem intentional? Fix maybe idk

00:22:257 (3,3) - The overlap between these is a little odd so maybe stack them if you want idk

00:22:943 (1,2) - This large sudden spacing doesn't really seem to make sense since it's not like the song gets any more intense here? Make the gap smaller if you want idk
ok this idk thing is getting really annoying ill stop now

00:25:172 (2,2,2) - These should all end earlier since the synth sound doesn't support them. They should all be ending on white ticks, I think. Apply this to basically all the sliders in this section that follow the second synth sound

00:33:400 (1) - There's a pretty strong sound here that might be better mapped to a 1/4 slider, though you can just ignore this if you want

00:39:743 (1,2) - Since this is just a one-time thing, it's probably better that it just doesn't happen. Annoying border overlaps like this don't really make sense unless they're a theme/gimmick.

00:44:029 (2,2) - Again, it might be nice to stack these, if only for aesthetics.

00:44:886 (1,2) - Shorten the distance here since there's no change in intensity or volume.

00:56:543 (2,3) - You already established close stacks like this as being 1/4 doubles, so this is really weird to read.

01:01:686 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Not sure why the spacing here is so chaotic when it's just the same sound over and over...

01:11:200 (6,1) - You can overlap these if you want, to keep with the 1/4 double gimmick.

01:12:657 (1,2,3,4) - The pitch here changes a bit but it shouldn't warrant such a large spacing change, I think. Make the change smaller.

01:15:229 (3,4,1) - You should probably stick to the same pattern as you used at 01:12:143 (5,6,1), or vice versa.

01:16:343 (2,1) - These should probably be stacked to keep with the gimmick.

01:24:143 (4,5,6) - These might be better read as a spread out triple rather than a burst.

01:44:372 (2,3,4) - 01:42:657 (3,4,1) - These two are basically the same pattern, so why are they mapped differently? Unless the slider means that much.

02:32:886 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This particular stream overlaps with itself to an extent that it becomes really difficult to read, so maybe you could use less sharp, corners and give the stream some more room.

02:50:029 (1,2) - Why is this pattern so different from 02:51:400 (1,1,1)? They're the same sound.

03:10:600 (1,2,1,2) - You might want to consider replacing these, since they don't seem to follow any particular strong sound.

03:44:200 (4) - There's a strong sound here that might be better mapped to a 1/4 slider, since right now it seems to just be ignored.

04:37:686 (1,2,3,4,1) - This sudden, tiny spacing is really sudden and I don't really see a reason to it. Maybe change it to the same spacing as you have on your other 5-note bursts?

04:41:115 (1,2,1,2) - This is the same sound repeated, so I don't think there's any reason for having so much spacing emphasis on the second pair.

04:46:600 (1) - This is a really odd slider to read, since there's not really a clear sliderpath, which is especially bad since it's hard to tell whether the slider just loops or if it has a sharp edge from just looking at it.

05:08:372 (1) - No cool, fancy slider?
posted

Nekone Rin wrote:

please go easy on me opsi senpai

Hahaha

no


No it's not

General:
Can you maybe make the sliders at the start either a lot edgier or not at all because I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're going for here
Like, either go for sharp corners or go for soft turns. It's really weird how it is now.

There's really no specific restriction for slider art, lol. They're all primarily curved and supposed to blanket, so they look fine as they are since they're purely for aesthetics, unless they are ugly in some way.

Also, that's a lot of NCs...

Considering each slider's very long and spans out for measures at a time for some, it's appropriate to NC them all (also, NC affects HP,
and HP will drain very quickly if I don't NC often for long sliders).


There are about eight seconds without any audio in them near the end, so consider editing the .mp3 in Audacity or something.

lol it's fine since the map ends before then, so that's unnecessary (lots of ranked maps are like this as well).

Reflection (aka the only diff because everyone maps marathons in 2017 for some reason):

We're all edgelords

00:20:543 (1) - The self-border overlap here is kind of weird since it doesn't really seem intentional? Fix maybe idk

Not quite sure what you're talking about. The slider looks fine aesthetically and it's supposed to overlap slightly due to the waver in the pitch of the electronic note.

00:22:257 (3,3) - The overlap between these is a little odd so maybe stack them if you want idk

Intentionally didn't stack as they represent different sounds; I tried representing the pitch of each note via spacing and location for this pattern.

00:22:943 (1,2) - This large sudden spacing doesn't really seem to make sense since it's not like the song gets any more intense here? Make the gap smaller if you want idk
ok this idk thing is getting really annoying ill stop now

Really not much larger than the first three notes, and I want this to be the largest as they are the strongest of the 8 notes and emphasizes the change from the small spacing of the last three notes.

00:25:172 (2,2,2) - These should all end earlier since the synth sound doesn't support them. They should all be ending on white ticks, I think. Apply this to basically all the sliders in this section that follow the second synth sound

The second slider is held over to show the sustained sound between the synths, and also there are smaller sounds on the red tick for the majority of them.

00:33:400 (1) - There's a pretty strong sound here that might be better mapped to a 1/4 slider, though you can just ignore this if you want

I don't want it to be particularly technical just yet, and also want to keep the 3/3/2 circle pattern consistent through the map.

00:39:743 (1,2) - Since this is just a one-time thing, it's probably better that it just doesn't happen. Annoying border overlaps like this don't really make sense unless they're a theme/gimmick.

Represents the new sound of the reverb with the partial overlap, and it's fine aesthetically since they're parallel.

00:44:029 (2,2) - Again, it might be nice to stack these, if only for aesthetics.

It's an octave lower by pitch, so still want it to be slightly different in location.

00:44:886 (1,2) - Shorten the distance here since there's no change in intensity or volume.

00:45:057 (2) - actually represents a strong sound, somewhat like a plucking of a string. What I said about this pattern also applies here.

00:56:543 (2,3) - You already established close stacks like this as being 1/4 doubles, so this is really weird to read.

Nope, 1/4 is auto-stacked while this 1/2 is perfectly stacked.

01:01:686 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Not sure why the spacing here is so chaotic when it's just the same sound over and over...

If you look closely they're continuous square patterns, so the geometric structure's enough to show the similarity of sound.

01:11:200 (6,1) - You can overlap these if you want, to keep with the 1/4 double gimmick.

This time I only partially did so for readability (it's a pretty big 1/4 gap) and to represent the inhaling of the vocal shortly before the kick sliders.

01:12:657 (1,2,3,4) - The pitch here changes a bit but it shouldn't warrant such a large spacing change, I think. Make the change smaller.

01:13:000 (3)'s larger to emphasize the snare, if that's what you mean.

01:15:229 (3,4,1) - You should probably stick to the same pattern as you used at 01:12:143 (5,6,1), or vice versa.

There's a whoosh sound on the first one and I wanted to keep the spacing consistent with 01:11:200 (6,1), so I spaced them out slightly.
This triple, on the other hand, is rather extra due to no strong sound being on the triple (only did so to maintain intensity while not moving the cursor)


01:16:343 (2,1) - These should probably be stacked to keep with the gimmick.

I actually only stacked them in the slow introduction and kept them consistently spaced in all other parts to contrast from other stacked and unemphasized 1/4's, so it's not really a gimmick. Px

01:24:143 (4,5,6) - These might be better read as a spread out triple rather than a burst.

I'll pass since there's no strong 1/4 sound to warrant it being spaced out.

01:44:372 (2,3,4) - 01:42:657 (3,4,1) - These two are basically the same pattern, so why are they mapped differently? Unless the slider means that much.

01:42:829 (1) - The 1/2 electronic notes for the sliders here are much stronger than the second measure, and using 1/4's right before 01:44:715 (5,6,7,8,9) - better emphasizes the burst along with the change in flow direction, as the 1/4 sounds on the beginning of it are stronger than before.

02:32:886 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This particular stream overlaps with itself to an extent that it becomes really difficult to read, so maybe you could use less sharp, corners and give the stream some more room.

Sharp points were meant to emphasize the 3/4 sounds, but I agree that it overlaps itself too much and doesn't look too good; I'll try to find an alternative.

02:50:029 (1,2) - Why is this pattern so different from 02:51:400 (1,1,1)? They're the same sound.

They're identical rhythmically; the only aesthetic difference is that I blanketed with curved sliders for the first pair and made the second angled pair parallel. They're also supposed to be reminiscent of the introduction of the map when I used very similar patterns to these.

03:10:600 (1,2,1,2) - You might want to consider replacing these, since they don't seem to follow any particular strong sound.

They represent the vocals fading away, and they're quite noticeable.

03:44:200 (4) - There's a strong sound here that might be better mapped to a 1/4 slider, since right now it seems to just be ignored.

Used a 1/2 slider now instead, but you're right that I didn't emphasize it well.

04:37:686 (1,2,3,4,1) - This sudden, tiny spacing is really sudden and I don't really see a reason to it. Maybe change it to the same spacing as you have on your other 5-note bursts?

They represent the quiet background sounds that include the notes from the kicksliders in the beginning of the map, the whine (for a lack of a better word) in the background increasing in pitch and intensity, and other smaller sounds I really don't know the proper names to. Anyway, I chose to use a burst to represent those instead of another 1/2 slider for the electronic note, but I didn't want to use higher spacing due to the small volume of said sounds.

04:41:115 (1,2,1,2) - This is the same sound repeated, so I don't think there's any reason for having so much spacing emphasis on the second pair.

Not that much of an increase, and the music's gradually getting louder as a buildup for the final stream. Primarily it was for variation and readability, though.

04:46:600 (1) - This is a really odd slider to read, since there's not really a clear sliderpath, which is especially bad since it's hard to tell whether the slider just loops or if it has a sharp edge from just looking at it.

I don't see how it's weird to read at all, honestly; it's extremely tame compared to other...interesting sliders...*cough* HW *cough* rrtyui *cough* sorry, allergies.

05:08:372 (1) - No cool, fancy slider?

Nah, the sound's rather distant compared to the other tones I used sliderart for, and in a way the plain slider's a nice emphasis for the final note due to variation.
Thanks for the mod! Sorry I rejected the majority of them, but most of them were pretty subjective or logically inconsistent with the rest of the map. :o
posted

Opsi wrote:

Nekone Rin wrote:

please go easy on me opsi senpai

Hahaha

no


No it's not

General:
Can you maybe make the sliders at the start either a lot edgier or not at all because I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're going for here
Like, either go for sharp corners or go for soft turns. It's really weird how it is now.

There's really no specific restriction for slider art, lol. They're all primarily curved and supposed to blanket, so they look fine as they are since they're purely for aesthetics, unless they are ugly in some way.

Also, that's a lot of NCs...

Considering each slider's very long and spans out for measures at a time for some, it's appropriate to NC them all (also, NC affects HP,
and HP will drain very quickly if I don't NC often for long sliders).


There are about eight seconds without any audio in them near the end, so consider editing the .mp3 in Audacity or something.

lol it's fine since the map ends before then, so that's unnecessary (lots of ranked maps are like this as well).

Reflection (aka the only diff because everyone maps marathons in 2017 for some reason):

We're all edgelords

00:20:543 (1) - The self-border overlap here is kind of weird since it doesn't really seem intentional? Fix maybe idk

Not quite sure what you're talking about. The slider looks fine aesthetically and it's supposed to overlap slightly due to the waver in the pitch of the electronic note.

00:22:257 (3,3) - The overlap between these is a little odd so maybe stack them if you want idk

Intentionally didn't stack as they represent different sounds; I tried representing the pitch of each note via spacing and location for this pattern.

00:22:943 (1,2) - This large sudden spacing doesn't really seem to make sense since it's not like the song gets any more intense here? Make the gap smaller if you want idk
ok this idk thing is getting really annoying ill stop now

Really not much larger than the first three notes, and I want this to be the largest as they are the strongest of the 8 notes and emphasizes the change from the small spacing of the last three notes.

00:25:172 (2,2,2) - These should all end earlier since the synth sound doesn't support them. They should all be ending on white ticks, I think. Apply this to basically all the sliders in this section that follow the second synth sound

The second slider is held over to show the sustained sound between the synths, and also there are smaller sounds on the red tick for the majority of them.

00:33:400 (1) - There's a pretty strong sound here that might be better mapped to a 1/4 slider, though you can just ignore this if you want

I don't want it to be particularly technical just yet, and also want to keep the 3/3/2 circle pattern consistent through the map.

00:39:743 (1,2) - Since this is just a one-time thing, it's probably better that it just doesn't happen. Annoying border overlaps like this don't really make sense unless they're a theme/gimmick.

Represents the new sound of the reverb with the partial overlap, and it's fine aesthetically since they're parallel.

00:44:029 (2,2) - Again, it might be nice to stack these, if only for aesthetics.

It's an octave lower by pitch, so still want it to be slightly different in location.

00:44:886 (1,2) - Shorten the distance here since there's no change in intensity or volume.

00:45:057 (2) - actually represents a strong sound, somewhat like a plucking of a string. What I said about this pattern also applies here.

00:56:543 (2,3) - You already established close stacks like this as being 1/4 doubles, so this is really weird to read.

Nope, 1/4 is auto-stacked while this 1/2 is perfectly stacked.

01:01:686 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Not sure why the spacing here is so chaotic when it's just the same sound over and over...

If you look closely they're continuous square patterns, so the geometric structure's enough to show the similarity of sound.

01:11:200 (6,1) - You can overlap these if you want, to keep with the 1/4 double gimmick.

This time I only partially did so for readability (it's a pretty big 1/4 gap) and to represent the inhaling of the vocal shortly before the kick sliders.

01:12:657 (1,2,3,4) - The pitch here changes a bit but it shouldn't warrant such a large spacing change, I think. Make the change smaller.

01:13:000 (3)'s larger to emphasize the snare, if that's what you mean.

01:15:229 (3,4,1) - You should probably stick to the same pattern as you used at 01:12:143 (5,6,1), or vice versa.

There's a whoosh sound on the first one and I wanted to keep the spacing consistent with 01:11:200 (6,1), so I spaced them out slightly.
This triple, on the other hand, is rather extra due to no strong sound being on the triple (only did so to maintain intensity while not moving the cursor)


01:16:343 (2,1) - These should probably be stacked to keep with the gimmick.

I actually only stacked them in the slow introduction and kept them consistently spaced in all other parts to contrast from other stacked and unemphasized 1/4's, so it's not really a gimmick. Px

01:24:143 (4,5,6) - These might be better read as a spread out triple rather than a burst.

I'll pass since there's no strong 1/4 sound to warrant it being spaced out.

01:44:372 (2,3,4) - 01:42:657 (3,4,1) - These two are basically the same pattern, so why are they mapped differently? Unless the slider means that much.

01:42:829 (1) - The 1/2 electronic notes for the sliders here are much stronger than the second measure, and using 1/4's right before 01:44:715 (5,6,7,8,9) - better emphasizes the burst along with the change in flow direction, as the 1/4 sounds on the beginning of it are stronger than before.

02:32:886 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This particular stream overlaps with itself to an extent that it becomes really difficult to read, so maybe you could use less sharp, corners and give the stream some more room.

Sharp points were meant to emphasize the 3/4 sounds, but I agree that it overlaps itself too much and doesn't look too good; I'll try to find an alternative.

02:50:029 (1,2) - Why is this pattern so different from 02:51:400 (1,1,1)? They're the same sound.

They're identical rhythmically; the only aesthetic difference is that I blanketed with curved sliders for the first pair and made the second angled pair parallel. They're also supposed to be reminiscent of the introduction of the map when I used very similar patterns to these.

03:10:600 (1,2,1,2) - You might want to consider replacing these, since they don't seem to follow any particular strong sound.

They represent the vocals fading away, and they're quite noticeable.

03:44:200 (4) - There's a strong sound here that might be better mapped to a 1/4 slider, since right now it seems to just be ignored.

Used a 1/2 slider now instead, but you're right that I didn't emphasize it well.

04:37:686 (1,2,3,4,1) - This sudden, tiny spacing is really sudden and I don't really see a reason to it. Maybe change it to the same spacing as you have on your other 5-note bursts?

They represent the quiet background sounds that include the notes from the kicksliders in the beginning of the map, the whine (for a lack of a better word) in the background increasing in pitch and intensity, and other smaller sounds I really don't know the proper names to. Anyway, I chose to use a burst to represent those instead of another 1/2 slider for the electronic note, but I didn't want to use higher spacing due to the small volume of said sounds.

04:41:115 (1,2,1,2) - This is the same sound repeated, so I don't think there's any reason for having so much spacing emphasis on the second pair.

Not that much of an increase, and the music's gradually getting louder as a buildup for the final stream. Primarily it was for variation and readability, though.

04:46:600 (1) - This is a really odd slider to read, since there's not really a clear sliderpath, which is especially bad since it's hard to tell whether the slider just loops or if it has a sharp edge from just looking at it.

I don't see how it's weird to read at all, honestly; it's extremely tame compared to other...interesting sliders...*cough* HW *cough* rrtyui *cough* sorry, allergies.

05:08:372 (1) - No cool, fancy slider?

Nah, the sound's rather distant compared to the other tones I used sliderart for, and in a way the plain slider's a nice emphasis for the final note due to variation.
Thanks for the mod! Sorry I rejected the majority of them, but most of them were pretty subjective or logically inconsistent with the rest of the map. :o
Sorry that my mods are bad :(
posted

Nekone Rin wrote:

Sorry that my mods are bad :(
That's not it; they weren't objectively bad, it's just that they didn't fit well with this map specifically. You're still new to modding, so don't give up, and still thanks for taking the time to do this.
posted
This map is so sick! Here's a star :3
posted

Yumeko wrote:

This map is so sick! Here's a star :3
Thanks, glad to hear you like it!
posted
Hi!
NM mod request from queue.

00:32:457 (2,1) - Personal opinion, replace these 2 with 1/4 slider starting at #2 and ending on #1? I think players (including me when playing this :3 ) won't expect 2 circles placed like that out of nowhere. Later on when the music picks up maybe.

02:23:972 (1) - Slider uses unnecessary follow points for the shape that is needed.



02:51:400 (1) - Like before this shape, 2 shorter sliders would work better. Points of reference: 02:50:029 (1,2) and 02:52:772 (1,2)

03:13:686 (3) - Empty gap after this one. Sounds better with a hitcircle at the next white tick. How it should sound like:03:15:057 (3). More of a suggestion tho

03:35:629 (2,3) - Kinda odd but consider Ctrl+G on these 2. Makes it so the sounds are a bit more emphasized. Previous pattern had #2 and #3 spaced out twice as much as the space between #3 and #4.

04:04:943 (2) - This is on a very silent sound and isn't necessary. Move #3 on this slider's place in the timeline and move #4 on #3's place

04:55:857 (5,6) - Convert these 2 into 4 circles?

Hope this helps. Ignore if you think it's unhelpful.
Really enjoyed the map while playing :)
posted

LimePixel wrote:

Hi!
NM mod request from queue.

00:32:457 (2,1) - Personal opinion, replace these 2 with 1/4 slider starting at #2 and ending on #1? I think players (including me when playing this :3 ) won't expect 2 circles placed like that out of nowhere. Later on when the music picks up maybe.

Honestly, putting a 1/4 slider ruins the emphasis and is harder to read due to blue tick 1/4 sliders being uncommon, but I agree that it's a bit surprising, so I just switched a few circles around for lower spacing.

02:23:972 (1) - Slider uses unnecessary follow points for the shape that is needed.



Doesn't really matter, and six point wave sliders usually look a bit smoother. Like I said though, doesn't make much a difference.

02:51:400 (1) - Like before this shape, 2 shorter sliders would work better. Points of reference: 02:50:029 (1,2) and 02:52:772 (1,2)

Sure, made the second one shorter.

03:13:686 (3) - Empty gap after this one. Sounds better with a hitcircle at the next white tick. How it should sound like:03:15:057 (3). More of a suggestion tho

Omitted it on purpose to better emphasize the drums and to allow for more rhythmic intensity in the next measure.

03:35:629 (2,3) - Kinda odd but consider Ctrl+G on these 2. Makes it so the sounds are a bit more emphasized. Previous pattern had #2 and #3 spaced out twice as much as the space between #3 and #4.

Does seem better out of context, but I decreased spacing and SV here somewhat to lessen intensity before the fast kickslider progression here.

04:04:943 (2) - This is on a very silent sound and isn't necessary. Move #3 on this slider's place in the timeline and move #4 on #3's place

I mapped these quirky sounds consistently with overlapping 1/8 sliders throughout the map, so I want to keep it consistent. Also, 04:05:286 (4) is mapped to the smooth vocal.

04:55:857 (5,6) - Convert these 2 into 4 circles?

I actually had a really hard time deciding the rhythm for the last part (I'm still not too happy with it), but currently I think it's better to only use 4 circles before the 121212 stream so it's significantly simpler rhythmically and emphasizes the next stream more.

Hope this helps. Ignore if you think it's unhelpful.
Really enjoyed the map while playing :)
Thanks a lot for the mod! :D
posted
05:08:372 (1) - offscreen on 4:3 ratio
03:38:029 (1,1) - ,03:39:400 (1,1) - etc,,,, imo about nc spaming, i think we should be avoid 1,1 NC-ing, at normal place
cuz, NC make too easy to hp drain
04:33:572 (1,2) - i know we can play it, but i still think its so awful jump

idk how to handle this type map lol
show more
Please sign in to reply.