forum

When did you start playing osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Retoree
I made my account two (ish) years ago.
I played off and on but I only really started playing about a year ago. I would guesstimate 15 months. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Achromalia
I've had mine since maybe about 5 months ago now? (Incoming wall of text watch out ehhh)

I started off mouse-only, and did pretty well. Over time I began to improve, from playing 2* maps to doing something around 2.8*. Soon enough I learned about zxzx'ing (and alternating in general), and decided to try it out. Unfortunately, my laptop didn't support this and decided "Im gonna disrupt mouse movement and make it all choppy". So maybe a month after starting, I'm playing at about 3* at best. It took a lot of time, but I started learning how to stream and alternate, I found out that I was really good at jumps and began to get a feel for the HD (Hidden) mod. I found my playstyle (HDHR), and would often play 2* with HDHR and get a pretty good score, occasionally achieving an FC. I even played 3* with Hidden, and got pretty good as mouse-only. I then tried to get into the mapping scene, trying out the editor and learning as I create maps. I used some of my favorite songs and had tons of awesome ideas ready to be practiced. So here I am, I just passed my first 4* as mouse-only, and passed #300K on rankings. I'm getting really good at my HDHR mouse-only playstyle, and I'm also getting a lot better at mapping. I'm hoping for the best in the near future, maybe something else will come along. When it comes by, I'll try to take the opportunity.

Uhm, yeah! Thats about it for my summary of progress, I guess I'll be goin now. .w.

(k ill go thnx bye)
kai99
I had my acc since 2013 I think and I only had like, 5 beatmaps and never got into the game.
Later on (Dec 2016) I figured I could do a better job now so I restarted. I likey.
Nattsun
In 2 days it will be 6 months. Played some Hatsune Miku games before I got into osu! and very long ago stepmania.

Always mouse+kb, I have a tablet, but mouse is more fun.
kai99

Cirno9 wrote:

In 2 days it will be 6 months. Played some Hatsune Miku games before I got into osu! and very long ago stepmania.

Always mouse+kb, I have a tablet, but mouse is more fun.
6 months 4kpp?

my dream D:::::
Emerold
I started 3 months ago, in mid december of 2016 ^^
Reaching the 90 day point on my graph today...
Inoculum
I started about 3 years ago and though ive been off and on, (you can see by my rank and my play history) but i've just recently gotten into a giant bench playing of osu again and quite frankly i didnt know taking a break from a game would inevitably make me better at the game. I've always played osu! as a Mouse player but i click with the keyboard. Im very reluctant upon buying a tablet only from the fact that im so used to the mouse that i feel i would'nt be able to ADAPT to the change :lol:
Sentencings
March 2015! I couldn't play osu!standard well at the time because of how bad of a mouse I had and how I didn't have a tablet at the time. (Until Christmas of that year...)

I still got my quick fingers on CTB, which to me, is a very easy game mode to play.
o x
May 15th 2015. I joined right when CWC was going on and watching it got me interested in that mode and hats pretty much what got me started
Rio-
March 2013.
Watched Doomsday's Video back then and my sis got me hooked up to this game (while she actually quit after I started playing for 1 month). Played it since then, but now not so much cuz' my left hand can't play well like usual...
teashoe
Late August 2010, I love rhythm games so I found stuff like IIDX and Beatmania, and I just stumbled across osu!
I just played it casually, not really thinking about making an account or playing it competitively until years later, Tap Tap Revenge was gone from apps.
So then I found Cookiezi and yeah
LEMEME123
2 months ago but I've know about the game since July 1st 2016
Raediaufar
Around 2 years ago. First I only play std and in one month already getting bored with it so I play mania. Since then I'm really got into osu and I even map and got a couple ranked. Already quit mania since 4 months ago but still playing this game cuz taiko. It's hard to quit if you already good on playing 2 modes or more lol, coz when you bored with a mode you can play other mode
Reunilu
March 11th, 2011. Gods, I feel old. I remember starting out with a laptop I got about a year prior without a mouse, nor a mousepad. Cost me about $24 for mouse and mousepad and up until the pp system came out of beta, I worked my way to about 7K (maybe 6K) in standard osu!. I remember for the first year of playing osu!, I was downloading skins nonstop, as in skins that were absolutely not made for maximizing skill. I got really good at sightreading with them and I still prefer using skins that don't have that one same sound for everything.

I miss times like that, man.
Luqanted
November 2014. A friend recommended me this game and I'm glad for that. :)
Mashiiko
I started i october 2015 i guess
But I had a 3 mounth period while I didn't play :-(
Pochacco
way back in 2012 inspired because of Pizzicato's gameplay

april fools was the time seriously play on std. and may whole career in taiko
-shig-
Early March of last year, when the school year was ending
Levy
I started playing 6 months, somewhere in November 2016.
I knew about the game since awhile back, and I decided to give it a try.
After 2 months playing I got a tablet and made the gameplay so much smoother and more enjoyable than it already was for me~

Since then I've been playing osu! like crazy lol, and I'm enjoying the game alot ^^
Lixar
Since 2010 I think. Maybe 2009.
Zangston
May 2015
JigglePhysic
March 3, 2017

I wish I can stop my accuracy addiction.
Kosuna
Around 5 days ago :)

So April 4, 2017
Megumj
5 Months ago from now! :^)
NestLover
5 month ago....
my little brother recommend this game to me.
and im hiatus about 2 month. cuz bored of this game.

Geertje wrote:

5 Months ago from now! :^)
wow same with me.. are you my destiny? :')
Ayesha Altugle
Played standard seriously ever since I switched from my crappy old laptop (around q4 2014 - q1 2015)
Somi
Started November of 2015 and only played Airman/Big Black back then, then started playing seriously Mid 2016
Eiuh
August 2014. Dropped standard in early 2015 and got into mania for a little while, been maining taiko for almost 2 years now c:
Shinwoir
9/11/2016 lmao
Deusieus
started playing 8 months ago, was shit at standard back then now am casually playing 5 stars
sonofgeek
it was a dark time, filled with a lot of regret...
Tiisa
Apparently 17/5/2013 so almost four years ago! I've always played mostly catch the beat but lately I've started to play taiko too.
Luqanted

Luqanted wrote:

November 2014. A friend recommended me this game and I'm glad for that. :)
NOT ANYMORrr
Saeto
October 2016 I think. I started playing and I liked it then ^^
radda
started playing a month ago and I kinda can't stop
Keiger
i think it was mid december 2016 i joined
AlienSushi
I started playing in October 2014, it was 3 years ago, lol I was 14 (: time flies fast. Now I'm 16. It's sad.
Lapsey
Last week :]
TGminer
2 years.... damn
sleampy
I started 2 months ago, forgot about it for a couple weeks, then started playing again.
show more