forum

help me improve.. 1 year of nothing.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Endaris
Every thread in GnR is an outcry for attention :-)

That being said, you really should try to avoid the "blank stare" thing. Using that technique to read will always have a negative impact on your aim consistency and your accuracy. Aside from that your problems are beyond me because I can't even properly play HR x)
Maybe HR is something you could try to train your eyes to follow the notes.
insane player
Do you have difficulties reading ar9 + dt or you just seem to choke? I see you've set two top ranks 3 days ago, which is a good sign of improving I guess?

I use McOsu when I do my ar10 practice, so I guess playing a certain map with dt and setting the ar a bit higher and higher every time until you can fc could help?
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Neverlink wrote:

Do you have difficulties reading ar9 + dt or you just seem to choke? I see you've set two top ranks 3 days ago, which is a good sign of improving I guess?

I use McOsu when I do my ar10 practice, so I guess playing a certain map with dt and setting the ar a bit higher and higher every time until you can fc could help?
those are ar8 ztrots and therefore irrelevant pp maps what is mc osu? thanks for reply
I Give Up
what makes u think you havent improved in a year when youve literally made 2 consecutive top plays just 3 days ago???

this looks like complete attention whoring to me.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

KukiMonster wrote:

what makes u think you havent improved in a year when youve literally made 2 consecutive top plays just 3 days ago???

this looks like complete attention whoring to me.
those are not ar9 pp maps. this is refering to ar9 pp maps not random pony ar 8s worth way to much pp.. did you read the post?
I Give Up

Sylveon wrote:

people always say put on NF and play maps you get 85%ish on to improve... thats literally all I've done. Its done nothing at all.

all I want is to actual play an ar9 dt map more than once and actually improve on the map over time.
people are idiots. you do not nf your way to 10.3

you have to either have naturally high reaction, or memorize a 10.3 map by spamming it enough times and after many maps you may eventually increase your reaction speed.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

KukiMonster wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

people always say put on NF and play maps you get 85%ish on to improve... thats literally all I've done. Its done nothing at all.

all I want is to actual play an ar9 dt map more than once and actually improve on the map over time.

you have to either have naturally high reaction, or memorize a 10.3 map by spamming it enough times and after many maps you may eventually increase your reaction speed.
I think alternating gave me the opportunity to increase my reaction skills at a quicker rate than someone who single taps.. but as a result im not actually aiming each note. My cursor will go in that direction near it but wont hit it, if I could single tap dt it would help.. im trying to atm. However this isn't a progression of speed as I have not improved really that much in my year of practice. From the start I had this reaction speed
Railey2
if you can't read AR10.3 after all that practice, you're probably not cut out for it.

The sad truth is: Reaction time is one of the things that have a genetically hardcoded limit - one that you're not able to affect no matter how much you practice.
if your reaction time is too slow, you can't play AR10.3. Some people can't even play AR10, so you should be happy that you can at least do that.
insane player

Sylveon wrote:

Neverlink wrote:

those are ar8 ztrots and therefore irrelevant pp maps what is mc osu? thanks for reply
McOsu is a practice client where you can easily adjust AR, CS, BPM, etc. The options available in the mod selection screen, there are sliders representing the diffrent map attributes which you can adjust to your liking.

You can find it here: https://github.com/McKay42/McOsu/releases
Yuudachi-kun
Weren't you the guy who last year told me"Fuck you I play how I want"

and now you're making a thread saying "1 year of nothing"

HAHAHA

Go play stepmania
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Weren't you the guy who last year told me"Fuck you I play how I want"

and now you're making a thread saying "1 year of nothing"

HAHAHA

Go play stepmania
lmao i hope so thats hilarious ;D
N0thingSpecial
This is like one of those long ass posts you know the answer just by looking at the title and the first sentence

Play something other than DT. Like your skill ceiling for reaction and speed is decent, but you've neglected everything else like stamina, consistency, aim and a whole bunch of other shit, which is limiting.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Sylveon wrote:

I started practising ar9 dt January last year. I got a much better monitor and it inspired me to practice ar9 dt as its something I always wanted to be able to play. Just a side note when I say new monitor I mean... I don't know how bad my old one was but the day before my new benq arrived I did a 78% pass on dad sons (a pp map lol), then the day I got my benq got a 93% NF fc HDDT. All I did was change my monitor.
Since then I have only played ar9 dt. and around 20k PC later and hours of NF 70-90% HDDT passes/practice maps I have set some great scores and done some great parts of maps. But thats it. its only PARTS.

My consistency seems nonexistent. Despite playing only ar9 dt for over a year I'm setting scores the same as those I set two days after receiving my monitor. If not worse. Likewise there are many scores I've set much earlier in the year that I can't beat despite endless playing.

people always say put on NF and play maps you get 85%ish on to improve... thats literally all I've done. Its done nothing at all. I feel as though when I play ar9dt there is a difference to playing ar 8. My eyes are simply staring at the screen and reacting to notes. In ar 8 it almost feels like I have the time to go from note to note making sure I hit it. This is something that I can't do in ar9 dt even with practice.Have my eyes become lazy after to much ar9 dt??

I have tried everything.. hours spent messing with my monitor settings, changes to tablet. I dragged now I hover. can alternate and single tap with both fingers (however I mainly alternate for ar9dt)..

Am I missing something?? What else can I do? I have plenty of youtube recorded replays on my channel and in my osu page if you doubt that I have some sort of Dt skill.
It feels like I can pass stuff that say someone in the top 500 should be able to pass. But I can't fc ar9 dt pp maps at all. i don't know that many people around my skill level if any that can pass maps that I can. yet they shoot up the rankings seemly fcing ar9 dt farms with ease. But When I get around to doing it nope.

Please this is NOT an outcry for attention, I'm desperate for someone to help me get better. Its frustrating and all I want is to actual play an ar9 dt map more than once and actually improve on the map over time.
If you don't improve after a year It's because you're doing something wrong. I'm sure your misses are totally randomly and not the same miss all time. That means you're playing for play. Your have 0 consistence playing how you play and even if you're good or not you're not going to improve cause you're doing something wrong. No matter how hard you try, you will never get good improvment doing the same over and over. You have to learn how to play diferently, like learning to play from 0. You skills will be the same but knowing how to use them. Some people can read AR11, after a year tryharding you should be able to read properly AR10'4 If you don't It's because you're not learning how to read AR10'4. You play better with hidden high AR than without. Find why, test things and you will understand why you play better AR10'4 and AR11 with hidden than without it when shouldn't be like that. You have to discover by yourself.
Sayorie
Man, I wish I can farm DT like you. I can only play nomod/HD because AR>=10 sucks.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This is like one of those long ass posts you know the answer just by looking at the title and the first sentence

Play something other than DT. Like your skill ceiling for reaction and speed is decent, but you've neglected everything else like stamina, consistency, aim and a whole bunch of other shit, which is limiting.
I didn't realise skills from other mods were interchangeable. Most people normally say 'practice hr will get you better at hr' but don't say 'practice hr to get better at dt'. None the less I will try to play more HDHR no Mod/HD.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

I started practising ar9 dt January last year. I got a much better monitor and it inspired me to practice ar9 dt as its something I always wanted to be able to play. Just a side note when I say new monitor I mean... I don't know how bad my old one was but the day before my new benq arrived I did a 78% pass on dad sons (a pp map lol), then the day I got my benq got a 93% NF fc HDDT. All I did was change my monitor.
Since then I have only played ar9 dt. and around 20k PC later and hours of NF 70-90% HDDT passes/practice maps I have set some great scores and done some great parts of maps. But thats it. its only PARTS.

My consistency seems nonexistent. Despite playing only ar9 dt for over a year I'm setting scores the same as those I set two days after receiving my monitor. If not worse. Likewise there are many scores I've set much earlier in the year that I can't beat despite endless playing.

people always say put on NF and play maps you get 85%ish on to improve... thats literally all I've done. Its done nothing at all. I feel as though when I play ar9dt there is a difference to playing ar 8. My eyes are simply staring at the screen and reacting to notes. In ar 8 it almost feels like I have the time to go from note to note making sure I hit it. This is something that I can't do in ar9 dt even with practice.Have my eyes become lazy after to much ar9 dt??

I have tried everything.. hours spent messing with my monitor settings, changes to tablet. I dragged now I hover. can alternate and single tap with both fingers (however I mainly alternate for ar9dt)..

Am I missing something?? What else can I do? I have plenty of youtube recorded replays on my channel and in my osu page if you doubt that I have some sort of Dt skill.
It feels like I can pass stuff that say someone in the top 500 should be able to pass. But I can't fc ar9 dt pp maps at all. i don't know that many people around my skill level if any that can pass maps that I can. yet they shoot up the rankings seemly fcing ar9 dt farms with ease. But When I get around to doing it nope.

Please this is NOT an outcry for attention, I'm desperate for someone to help me get better. Its frustrating and all I want is to actual play an ar9 dt map more than once and actually improve on the map over time.
If you don't improve after a year It's because you're doing something wrong. I'm sure your misses are totally randomly and not the same miss all time. That means you're playing for play. Your have 0 consistence playing how you play and even if you're good or not you're not going to improve cause you're doing something wrong. No matter how hard you try, you will never get good improvment doing the same over and over. You have to learn how to play diferently, like learning to play from 0. You skills will be the same but knowing how to use them. Some people can read AR11, after a year tryharding you should be able to read properly AR10'4 If you don't It's because you're not learning how to read AR10'4. You play better with hidden high AR than without. Find why, test things and you will understand why you play better AR10'4 and AR11 with hidden than without it when shouldn't be like that. You have to discover by yourself.
Things I have noticed while experimenting.
If I take follow points off my skill goes absolutely shit. Like terrible. I'm slightly worse in other mods without followpoints and its only ar9 dt that I really can't play without follow points. I don't know if this is generic with every player but I'm going to practice more without followpoints in the hopes of reacting and reading notes better.
For a while I couldn't play ar9 dt without HD since I have practiced and learned DT but this hasn't to my knowledge made my HDDT any better just my DT skills.
I said in the post I'm hovering but I didn't say that I've dragged for 2 years and only started hovering >a week ago.
When or if I do play other mods I single tap. I do not alternate. Honestly I really still believe this is a big issue as to why I miss. Alternating.

Lets take one map for example. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/471858?m=0 This map is the only ar9 map that I can consistently somehow FC almost everytime I play it (trying for better acc). The reasons for this I believe are: its well mapped. I can single tap it with my middle finger (which is the finger I use to single tap everything else none dt and my most comfortable) and its low BPM 195. So really what I need to do is learn to single tap with my middle finger. I've been practising with my index as I can actually single tap pretty well with it at high bpm but I struggle greatly with my middle finger.Perhaps I'll try to practice this again.

So all in all I will continue to:
practice single tapping/avoid alternating in ar9 dt.
Play without followpoints for some time to see how it affects my gameplay.
Try to branch out more to other mods.
Continue hovering to see how this affects gameplay.
Try Mc Osu.

Thanks everyone. Thread die pls?
I Give Up

Sylveon wrote:

Try Mc Osu.

dont think about singletapping or alternating, just tap with whichever finger feels convenient at the time. also no need to focus on hovering/dragging, just move your pen and let it hover/drag/whatever. if you keep applying conscious effort to every small detail you will wear yourself out from overthinking and lose consistency. followpoints are a bit eeeeeeeh im not too sure about that one except some ppl play without it because it clutters their vision. just my 2c before thread is die
ManuelOsuPlayer

Sylveon wrote:

I didn't realise skills from other mods were interchangeable. Most people normally say 'practice hr will get you better at hr' but don't say 'practice hr to get better at dt'. None the less I will try to play more HDHR no Mod/HD.
If you learn how to do a triple playing AR8 HR you probably will be able to do the same triple playing AR8 DT without less retrys.

Sylveon wrote:

If I take follow points off my skill goes absolutely shit. Like terrible. I'm slightly worse in other mods without followpoints and its only ar9 dt that I really can't play without follow points. I don't know if this is generic with every player but I'm going to practice more without followpoints in the hopes of reacting and reading notes better.
For a while I couldn't play ar9 dt without HD since I have practiced and learned DT but this hasn't to my knowledge made my HDDT any better just my DT skills.
I said in the post I'm hovering but I didn't say that I've dragged for 2 years and only started hovering >a week ago.
When or if I do play other mods I single tap. I do not alternate. Honestly I really still believe this is a big issue as to why I miss. Alternating.

Lets take one map for example. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/471858?m=0 This map is the only ar9 map that I can consistently somehow FC almost everytime I play it (trying for better acc). The reasons for this I believe are: its well mapped. I can single tap it with my middle finger (which is the finger I use to single tap everything else none dt and my most comfortable) and its low BPM 195. So really what I need to do is learn to single tap with my middle finger. I've been practising with my index as I can actually single tap pretty well with it at high bpm but I struggle greatly with my middle finger.Perhaps I'll try to practice this again.

Try Mc Osu.

Play without follow points only going to make you get lost at maps instead play them. Follow points are good but ignore them you play the map and you will follow, follow points without even notice they are there.
N0thingSpecial

Sylveon wrote:

Not exactly interchangeable, but if you proficient in a certain skill you're relieved from having to focus on it when playing anything.

Like for example, the Dan Dan pp map, I fced it 7 months ago after retrying many times, cause my aim and consistency were crap, but my acc is already decent at the time so I only need to focus on my aim, that's how I manage to FC it, focusing on aim. Then I month ago I SSed it with HD on first try, during those 6 months my aim and consistency improved through playing all sorts of shit like marathon, stream maps plus more aim maps, which made SSing it a whole lot easier cause I can focus on acc without worrying about aim, consistency and streams.

In your case, if you want to take DT to the next level you want to be decent in other skill area so it doesn't hinder your speed and reaction
iWhorse

KukiMonster wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

hey that's what i did

although i sort of learned ar10.3 by nfdthring ar10.86\ar11 stuff

Sylveon wrote:

I think alternating gave me the opportunity to increase my reaction skills at a quicker rate than someone who single taps..
sort of because you can jump straight into high density stuff\fast aim stuff but high AR is sort of the opposite reading-wise (low density), usually easier to singletap high ar even though i alt most stuff over like 220 anyways\am not very good at singletapping. doesn't matter at all if you're only playing ar10.3 though, play how you want.

Sylveon wrote:

really recommend followpoints even if you only plan to learn 10.3. it's normal to be worse on high ar without them, and there's no reason to take them off.
Topic Starter
Sylveon
Played a lot of ar8 dt today. (yes it may not be hr but I barely touched ar 9 much). I really tried to focus on looking at each note I kept telling myself 'eyes eyes eyes' I.E pay attention. have also realised if I know a jump section is coming up even if I've hit it, often I just choke esp if its awkward jumps but thats normal so thats good I guess.

Did a few ar9 dt scores and I think the ar8 practise transferred over slightly, as I was able to get consecutive better scores on an ar9 map that I have otherwise shit missed on the majority of the time. Even though I choked the scores got better overtime. https://ibb.co/cKcpRF

The sun made my room nice and bright today [thanks England] I think having a bright room makes it a lot easier for me.
Sayorie

iWhorse wrote:

really recommend followpoints even if you only plan to learn 10.3. it's normal to be worse on high ar without them, and there's no reason to take them off.
No, it depends. Toy plays without followpoints afaik from his stream, and I had a thread last time asking for followpoints and a bunch said that it's sometimes better.

Also it actually helped my aim and reading a lot, also prepared me for some AR10+ stuff. Just to show, this is a fresh try sight read play w/o follow points just this day.
Endaris
Oh wow, you should always seek to learn high AR without followpoints.
Followpoints spoil the aimcomponent ahead of the actual appearance of the hitobjects, enabling you to consistently hit stuff you can't without.
For me they're a taboo on AR10 for that reason as I want to be able to read AR10 off of the circles, not the followpoints.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

Oh wow, you should always seek to learn high AR without followpoints.
Followpoints spoil the aimcomponent ahead of the actual appearance of the hitobjects, enabling you to consistently hit stuff you can't without.
For me they're a taboo on AR10 for that reason as I want to be able to read AR10 off of the circles, not the followpoints.

I used followpoints for 10.5
Nattsun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This, and probably the fact that you are slowly getting closer to the point where you stopped playing nomod. Is it possible that you can't read certain patterns, I mean, if you couldn't do certain stuff nomod, don't expect to do it with DT now, only because you climbed some ranks...
iWhorse

Sayorie wrote:

No, it depends. Toy plays without followpoints afaik from his stream, and I had a thread last time asking for followpoints and a bunch said that it's sometimes better.

Also it actually helped my aim and reading a lot, also prepared me for some AR10+ stuff. Just to show, this is a fresh try sight read play w/o follow points just this day.
if you plan to learn anything above 10.8, i recommend learning followpoints. ar10-10.3 is very easy to learn even without followpoints, most players can probably get 10.4-5 before it starts becoming harder. the followpoints appear a very significant amount of time (1, 2) before the approach circles are even visible, and this gives players playing difficult ARs a significant advantage against those who don't (there are a few high AR players that play without followpoints but most of them don't).

maybe there's a little merit in taking them off because of screen clutter, idk. toy doesnt play really play high ar anyways\have any high ar scores afaik and when you get to be a good player you dont need followpoints for ~ar10.5-7\8 anyways because your reaction speed is just faster because you have more raw skill. if you wanna blindly copy random pros though, every single player in top10 uses followpoints. like i said though, doesnt really matter if you use them or not if you dont plan on playing ar10.4-5+, just preference at that point i guess, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage if you ever plan to play higher ar (which is something most players don't want to do[put themselves at a disadvantage]). they can probably still help people at ar10.3+ if they're struggling reading.
Sayorie
Yeah, but not interested with AR near 11 :)

But you should be reading circles instead of followpoints
followpoints are just there to help you react to the next circle
DeathHydra
tfw can't read ar>=10 properly even with followpoints FeelsBadMan