forum

Saints Row: The Third

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ampzz

Just thought I'd post up about Saints Row to see how many other people enjoy this (fun) sandbox franchise created by Volition which lets you do a various of bizarre and enjoyably (my opinion) fun things to enemies and the general public.

This time we control the Saints at the height of their power with everything from classy hotels, private jets, their own billboards, personnel and much more.
All of this straight from the beginning of the game in comparison to the previous two Saints Row games.
Inn the first you started from no more than a random pedestrian caught up in a gang firefight on the streets to eventually become the leader of 'The Saints', in the second you bust out of jail to reclaim what is "rightfully yours".

Instead of rerunning through Stilwater for the third time in a row we're given a fresh perspective on things and off toa completelty new city known simply as Steelport.

Saints Row: The Third - Power CG Trailer hosted on Youtube:

Official site link: http://www.saintsrow.com

I thoroughly enjoyed both Saints Row games and The Third has already been pre-ordered since from what it looks like, the fun gameplay mechanics (which is what I love about this game over GTA' realism) and complete randomness has more than enough on offer to entice more thna a days run through the game ad then let it sit on the shelf to gather dust like so many games have done beforehand.
awp
I've only played Saints Row 2. Amazing game. The customization is a staple that more games should have.

My first play through was done as Mario, but about 75% through the game I'd earned my PhD and became Dr. Mario. My friend played as Kyle Gass. My second playthrough was done as Waluigi, but I didn't finish that play through.

Very excited for Saints Row 3. And it's rare I become excited for a game, especially one that's half a year away.
Pokebis
I'm looking forward to it a lot too. It can't come fast enough.
IppE
2nd one was awesome, no doubt this will be as awesome if not even more awesome.

Awesome.
rust45
Never played the first one, but the second one was a blast considering all the stuff you could do in it and not get bored.

The only thing I'm worried about is that you don't have to work for all the cool stuff, I kinda liked that about the second where you worked to get all this awesome stuff.

I am hoping the music selection will be just as good as what it was in the second game.
awp

rust45 wrote:

I am hoping the music selection will be just as good as what it was in the second game.
The second one had Opeth in it

that blew my mind
adam2046
I'm fine if they put In the Hall of the Mountain King in again, endlessly.
*Get in a helicopter* *In the Hall of the Mountain King starts playing* *blow up everything*
Topic Starter
ampzz
I still prefer K12s (techno/dance station) music selection from the first game though between 1-2 transition, besides that the music has been fantastic.

Nothing was better than having ILS -Tiny Toy playing in continual loop just walking around the town with the pimp cane out or rolling down the sidewalk mowing down some pedestrians, gangsters and police officers.
rust45
You know, this thread should probably be bumped. Considering the game is out and all.

Anyway, the game is pretty sweet and it's still tons of fun. The only problem I can really say is that it feels toned down in a few aspects. (Although toned up in others) Such as stores, I remember there being a larger variety of stores in SR2, sure some of them weren't really needed but it was nice to go to a store for music or a food store to purchase those items.

Music is good enough, but I haven't really found any songs that stand out to me. Although Ride of the Valkyries is perfect when in a heli.
Pokebis
NO OYN MAN CYAN HAV ALL DAT POWAH
awp
we talk about SR3 in the PS3 thread
Remco32
There's so much content cut as Day 1 DLC it isn't even funny anymore.
Some weapons/clothes, cheatcodes and even an access pass for future DLC, which are already given a name.
Two_old
dlc is always a scam