forum

Auto converted from STD to Mania getting out of sync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
feradg
Do this happens to you guys?

Every time i play an auto converted standard to mania song my precision is very bad.

I can 95 ~ 98% some 4 star songs on mania but i cant 90% a 2 star converted song... Do you guys know what's happening?
snoverpk_old
idk but don't play autoconverts
Tripletth
They're not out of sync, just mapped really awkwardly because the notes weren't placed/timed with mania in mind. It takes some time getting used to.

Autoconverts can be pretty fun once you get into it though.
Full Tablet
Most autoconverts play with timing windows equivalent to OD10 mania maps, so the accuracy required to get the same result is higher than most mania maps.

Also, slider ends in osu! standard aren't required to follow the music at higher difficulties, so when they get converted to mania, there can be many LNs that release at awkward timings.
Noderum
Don't play auto converts.
Topic Starter
feradg

Full Tablet wrote:

OD10 mania maps.
What "OD10" mean?

Noderum wrote:

But there are some sweet good songs that are only available for osu Standard
Meseki

feradg wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

OD10 mania maps.
What "OD10" mean?
Overall Difficulty (a value manually set in a beatmap, not related to the automatically determined Star Difficulty), which affects the difficulty of getting high accuracy. In the case of mania, I believe it shrinks the timing windows for anything that isn't a rainbow 300.

As for autoconverts in mania, they're charts with illogical note placement and LNs that end at odd times, and are generally just low-quality charts compared to the actual mania charts you'll find ranked/loved (and of course a number of unranked ones as well). I'm pretty sure that there's also generally a lack of diversity in the note patterns; as far as I remember, most autoconverts (at least that are 7K by default) primarily consist of 8th note chords, LNs that end early, and 16th notes that are usually scales.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've also experienced playing worse on autoconverts; when I played with a friend over a year ago, they tended to beat me on any autoconverts, but I won on any manually created charts (though we only played 4K, as they were a 4K player).
Yuudachi-kun
Just listen to the mp3's instead of playing auto converts if you want the sweet songs
juankristal

feradg wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

OD10 mania maps.
What "OD10" mean?

Noderum wrote:

But there are some sweet good songs that are only available for osu Standard
In general most of the songs are mapped for mania too, they might be unranked ones. Autoconverts have really bad reputation as they are maps that are just not designed to play well on mania. I also notice some sort of offset issue with converts but I really dont play them too often to be able to tell for sure.

My personal suggestion, if you want to improve, dont play autoconverts. If you want to have fun, go for it! There is no problem with it :p