forum

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dieathan
Went to EB yesterday to get this game but they had sold out, unfortunately. I'll be waiting till Wednesday when they get more copies in.
Jarby

Dieathan wrote:

Went to EB yesterday to get this game but they had sold out, unfortunately. I'll be waiting till Wednesday when they get more copies in.
http://www.ozgameshop.com/3ds-games/the ... y-game-3ds
Dangaard
I'm slightly confused of the sliders' timing, those circles with an arrow in it. For me a slider consists of start and end, so I don't really know if I have to start sliding at the correct time, or be in middle of the sliding motion already.
Azure_Kite
Basically, they're "end the hold note with a slide in indicated direction".

Current progress:

Unlocked Minwu, Cid, Aerith, Vivi and Ashe so far. Almost unlocked Faris and Locke, with 6/8 shards. Onion Knight, Terra, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning and Ashe are level 99 :3

25 trophies, 63% of the collection finished. 48719 rhythmia. This game really is a grinders dream, lol.
Drakari_old

Azure_Kite wrote:

This game really is a grinders dream, lol.
Good to know I shouldn't buy it.
Justykanna
I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm not very good with the arrows. =S
Not very far, 10k Rhythmia in.
It is a little too "grind-ish" for my liking, but meh. Kinda hard to avoid the FFs that I'm less fond of such as 2, 3 and 12 (at least Music wise).
Azure_Kite
11 and 12 are actually my favourites, lol. I don't find popular tracks like one winged angel very fun to listen to. My opinion, it is. Don't hate meeeee
Justykanna
I never played 11 or 12, but just playing their songs on this game doesn't give me an interest in the music from them. Might be because I never played them, who knows.
Battle music tends to be my favourite straight out and if you wanna unlock everything, from the looks of it, you can't stick to such. =(
EveOfTheNight
I never really played ANY of the final fantasy games, but this actually made me start. -.-
Field music is probably my favorite, as it's relative easy since it's just one line and not in multiple rows like battle music. Unfortunately, all songs must be played at one point or another if u wanna unlock everything. :|
Azure_Kite
That's actually a common tactic in games.
Behon
Do you need to unlock StreetPass features somehow before you can swap data with players? I made a ProfiCard and got three people in my Mii Plaza who were playing the game, but haven't found anything unlocked from them.

Also, I really recommend playing with the hitsounds off if you haven't tried it already. Those chimes are kind of distracting compared to EBA and Ouendan.
Cyclone
I think i found out what those colored time bars are. Each dark note chooses from a list of charts, and each color indicates a chart. So it changes charts while you are playing.
Justykanna

EveOfTheNight wrote:

I never really played ANY of the final fantasy games, but this actually made me start. -.-
Welcome to the world of Final Fantasy.
They really are good games, not just the music themselves either.

EveOfTheNight wrote:

Field music is probably my favorite, as it's relative easy since it's just one line and not in multiple rows like battle music. Unfortunately, all songs must be played at one point or another if u wanna unlock everything.
It sucks, I know. At least with me, I'd rather play the ones I like more often than, let's say, the event music (which I'm not terribly fond of in most cases). Theatrythm is just a lot of grinding.
Azure_Kite
80000 Rhythmia and counting B)

I have 16/40DLC, currently.
Justykanna

Azure_Kite wrote:

80000 Rhythmia and counting B)
Holy crap, lol.
I just hit 25 000 yesterday. That is, after completing all basic and expert challengers and series, then 18 dark notes. I don't think I'm ready for the ultimate challenges yet - some of the dark notes were a little rough to get through.
Getting to 80 000 Rhythmia would be doing everything I just did twice again... I'm not sure I wanna go that far. xD But who knows.

DLC, huh? Can't say I'm fond of spending a buck each on em.
Mianki
Got the game last weekend, 7000 Rhythmia~
Today I started playing on Challenge
Mukku
Got it today- I mean yesterday.

11k rhythmia now and I was so hype when I found Jenova's Theme dark note omg

edit: omfgmofgm I just found a dark note with Judgement Day omg. For some reason I thought I wouldn't be able to play it in this game but OH F YEAH!
Dieathan
At about 51500 rm so far. Only two more Ultimate courses in Series to do now.
Azure_Kite
Who even does series :p
xerxes_oli
I'm at 10870 Rythmia and Ive only cleared the first three songs of Final Fantasy 1 lol
Mukku
At 17k rhythmia now and got all the indigo shards as well!

I wish I had more Judgement Day or JENOVA dark notes. Got only 1 of both and the rest is all Sunleth Waterscape, Blue Fields and Fight with Seymour or something.
Justykanna

Azure_Kite wrote:

Who even does series :p
I like to do them once through each.

Mukku wrote:

the rest is all Sunleth Waterscape, Blue Fields and Fight with Seymour or something.
Omg, I know, it's really annoying... -_-
Dangaard
Just finished SSS-ing all Basic Scores, oh the Event Stages can be really annoying :<
Absolute favorite song is Decisive Battle from FF6, followed by that unlockable FF7 battle song
Justykanna

Dangaard wrote:

oh the Event Stages can be really annoying :<
I hate them so much... I can never nail the timing... >_>

Dangaard wrote:

Absolute favorite song is Decisive Battle from FF6, followed by that unlockable FF7 battle song
Love decisive battle - though I can't beat it on Ultimate yet - or any battle song for that matter. =(
Dieathan
At about 60k rm with everything S-ranked.
Just playing through Dark Notes at this point just to get all the characters now. I've only gotten Cid so far.
Azure_Kite
I'm currently just aiming for Perfect Chains in everything, although KH3D is chewing up a lot of that time, lol.
Saso-Hikage
awesome game, but the additional songs are a bit too expensive in my opinion :/
Justykanna

sasori93 wrote:

awesome game, but the additional songs are a bit too expensive in my opinion :/
Yup... =( Shame because some of them are really good songs.
Azure_Kite
The prices will probably go down some time in the future, after all, they basically have another Theatrhythm game just from DLC alone.
Justykanna

Azure_Kite wrote:

The prices will probably go down some time in the future, after all, they basically have another Theatrhythm game just from DLC alone.
I'd be all for that.
Guess I'd need a Nintendo account, huh... =/
NoHitter
Just got this. Those arrow ones always break my combo. Too used to Rhythm Heaven's flicking I guess :(
Bass
Too bad I don't have japanese 3DS.
NoHitter

Bass wrote:

Too bad I don't have japanese 3DS.
What do you mean? I'm playing it with my American 3DS.
Bass
Oh..
Still I would need to get 3DS card from America.
Azure_Kite
What do you mean? I'm playing it from my PAL 3DS.
Justykanna

Bass wrote:

Oh..
Or you could just... buy it from your nearest store like most people nowadays...

NoHitter wrote:

Just got this. Those arrow ones always break my combo. Too used to Rhythm Heaven's flicking I guess :(
Yeah, the flicking habit is hard to overcome. I found it easy enough to just draw a line when doing any slide notes. But that's definitely where I lost my points to begin with.
Dieathan

Justykanna wrote:

Yeah, the flicking habit is hard to overcome. I found it easy enough to just draw a line when doing any slide notes. But that's definitely where I lost my points to begin with.
The arrows are usually the worst when there's little space between each one and are generally in the same direction. Battle Against the Four Fiends on the Ultimate Score got me so bad because of this.
Drakari_old

Justykanna wrote:

Bass wrote:

Oh..
Or you could just... buy it from your nearest store like most people nowadays...
Presumably he bought the 3DS in America, but isn't in America right now. Or something along those lines.
Justykanna

Dieathan wrote:

The arrows are usually the worst when there's little space between each one and are generally in the same direction. Battle Against the Four Fiends on the Ultimate Score got me so bad because of this.
I do remember this song being fairly difficult. But yeah, you just gotta shorten your 'lines' a little bit. I say this, but I still can't ace that song on Ultimate.
show more