posted
Total Posts
show more
Gabi
I'm only buying this because of Final Fantasy
Behon

Gabi wrote:

I'm only buying this because of Final Fantasy
That's not a good excuse to buy things these days (With the possible exception of the re-releases on the PSN and Virtual Console).
Haseo_old
This game will get annoying if you keep on playing the same battle music AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...
Still not buying a 3DS
awp

Haseo wrote:

This game will get annoying if you keep on playing the same battle music AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...
Mother 3 was pretty cool
Haseo_old

awp wrote:

Haseo wrote:

Mother 3 was pretty cool
I meant the battle music you tap to the beat to.
awp

Haseo wrote:

I meant the battle music you tap to the beat to.
yeah, I know. That's what I was getting at. Mother 3 did the same thing. I'm only ~6 hours in, but it hasn't gotten boring/repetitive yet because they mix it up.
Quaraezha
I'm actually glad they repeat the music over and over again.
It makes it more recognizable that way.
LuigiHann
Reportedly, Theatrythm is going to have more than 50 songs, so it shouldn't be too repetitive
Behon
First footage:

Ivalset
Man, this game looks terrible.

I keep forgetting this is a site for a rhythm game, though.
adam2046
It actually seems better than I was expecting.
Although I wasn't expecting much...
[Au]-[Revoir]

Quaraezha wrote:

A Final Fantasy Rhythm Game? That's cute. lol
Absolutely.
Vext_old
The character design makes me sad face, is it supposed to be chibi? Just looks derp.
Drakari_old
That... Didn't look good to me. Seriously, they made a minigame for walking?
awp

Ivalset wrote:

Man, this game looks terrible.
you couldn't possibly be more correct

I was expecting something closer to Mother 3 but with a bigger emphasis on timing and rhythm, and instead it's a touch-based rhythm game similar to osu! with final fantasy themed storyboards/videos

I can accept the art style for what it is (when there IS an art style and it's not just some FMV from the 90s) but that really looks dull as a game
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Big FF nerd here so this is wonderful news :) :)
Gabi
Well, i hope that is the easy levels shown in the video, else there isn't that much fun about it ;(.
Quaraezha
Fanboy Nostalgia feat. Rhythm
Rantai
Oooh Eyes On Me... that brings back memories.
Emiya Shiro_old
I would love if someone has made skin for osu from those also ported all the music for our osu so I can play this on osu ^^ (Don't have 3DS sadly :/ )
Pokebis
How about we judge it when it's out.
It looks interesting.
Dieathan
This game is basically Dissidia: Music Rhythm Game Edition. Still looking forward to it. Loved the boss fight music from FF6.
Cyclone
So game is out. It's pretty fun, but they suck at timing.
Azure_Kite
Just mentally add 15 ms to each note, It's what I do to get perfect Crit chains.

Progress so far:

100% basic and expert series
7% ultimate series
40 dark notes cleared

Current party consists of Terra, onion knight, vaan and lightning.
Mianki
Pre-ordered it because it comes out here on July 6th. Looking forward to it~
Cyclone

Azure_Kite wrote:

Just mentally add 15 ms to each note, It's what I do to get perfect Crit chains.

Progress so far:

100% basic and expert series
7% ultimate series
40 dark notes cleared

Current party consists of Terra, onion knight, vaan and lightning.
Damn, when did you get this? I thought I was playin it a lot since I have like 17500 rhythmia in like 2 days. My party is warrior of light, cloud, Bartz, and zidane. Bartz already has 255 agi at like level 45.
Azure_Kite
I got it on the 2nd :D

Don't worry, I have been playing the hell out of it, myself. If you want a 9999999 score and anything higher than an S rank, you need to remove all abilities from every party member. No Items.

In doing so, it also removes all the Feature Drives in songs, so expect no Esper Summons in BMS, no Chocobos in FMS, and no Extended Versions in EMS.

I have 7 yellow shards and 13 trophies.... so close, but so far D:
Cyclone
Oh I knew about that, but I equip them for dark shrine
MegaManEXE
I played this at PAX East a few months ago, it looked fun from the trailer but I was pretty disappointed with the demo (although that might also have to do with the fact that we had to wait in line for like 45 minutes to even play it...)

I'd consider getting it with a price drop eventually but it's not worth a full price tag for me sadly, even though the art style is adorable
Cyclone
Hmmm the notes started spinning, that makes this a little harder
Azure_Kite
All my dark notes have been tame :(

6 level 99's now
Cyclone
So uh, do you know why the time bar in the dark shrine is colored? I can't figure it out and it isn't in the manual
Azure_Kite
I believe it has something to do with route progression, however that's just a suspicion.
Dieathan
Went to EB yesterday to get this game but they had sold out, unfortunately. I'll be waiting till Wednesday when they get more copies in.
Jarby

Dieathan wrote:

Went to EB yesterday to get this game but they had sold out, unfortunately. I'll be waiting till Wednesday when they get more copies in.
http://www.ozgameshop.com/3ds-games/the ... y-game-3ds
Dangaard
I'm slightly confused of the sliders' timing, those circles with an arrow in it. For me a slider consists of start and end, so I don't really know if I have to start sliding at the correct time, or be in middle of the sliding motion already.
Azure_Kite
Basically, they're "end the hold note with a slide in indicated direction".

Current progress:

Unlocked Minwu, Cid, Aerith, Vivi and Ashe so far. Almost unlocked Faris and Locke, with 6/8 shards. Onion Knight, Terra, Tidus, Shantotto, Vaan, Lightning and Ashe are level 99 :3

25 trophies, 63% of the collection finished. 48719 rhythmia. This game really is a grinders dream, lol.
Drakari_old

Azure_Kite wrote:

This game really is a grinders dream, lol.
Good to know I shouldn't buy it.
Justykanna
I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm not very good with the arrows. =S
Not very far, 10k Rhythmia in.
It is a little too "grind-ish" for my liking, but meh. Kinda hard to avoid the FFs that I'm less fond of such as 2, 3 and 12 (at least Music wise).
Azure_Kite
11 and 12 are actually my favourites, lol. I don't find popular tracks like one winged angel very fun to listen to. My opinion, it is. Don't hate meeeee
show more