forum

Why is it backwards for me?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Why is it I can get better accuracy on higher AR maps? I feel like I can bounce my mouse more on AR 10 opposed to AR 9. Shouldnt it be the other way around...?
Sandy Hoey
I don't think your doing much of anything on either of those based on your top plays...
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
I don't really play ranked maps anymore. I only play OSU! for my jump speed. Most of my maps anymore consist of 7+ stars and are unranked.
Sandy Hoey
Just saying, the ability to play either of those is probably very sporadic because you don't actually know what you are doing
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
That's not answering my question. I've been playing long enough to understand the gist of things so saying I don't know what im doing would be a huge understatement. There are plenty of my top scores AR 9 that i've fc'd.
Sandy Hoey
Okay then, the reason it may feel like you are better at AR10 is because it forces you to be "better".

And I see a loooooot of A, B, even a C
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
If you're forced to do better you are more likely to improve.
Kunino Sagiri
That isn't true.
Sandy Hoey

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

That isn't true.
It just means that when you do mediocre you feel like you did something amazing
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

That isn't true.
In an every day real life situation that is true. What makes this game any different? Push your limits and expect a greater outcome.
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
I understand that i'm shit at this game there's no need to clarify it for me.
7ambda
Stereotypical 6-digit player: "anything lower than ar10 is too slow for me :("
Sandy Hoey
Yeah, but when you stretch too far, it has the opposite effect. I agree, you have to push past your comfort zone to make improvements. But when you are learning anything, you have to learn in steps. You cannot jump right to the hardest step. You learned addition first, then you learn multiplication. You learn how to be an astronaut, not just strap into a rocket
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51

F1r3tar wrote:

Flame me more please. Great to see what this community is made up of.
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Yeah, but when you stretch too far, it has the opposite effect. I agree, you have to push past your comfort zone to make improvements. But when you are learning anything, you have to learn in steps. You cannot jump right to the hardest step. You learned addition first, then you learn multiplication. You learn how to be an astronaut, not just strap into a rocket
I guess you're right yeah. Thank you.
7ambda

sk8forlife51 wrote:

you're welcome
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51

sk8forlife51 wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

You didn't help shitlord.
7ambda

sk8forlife51 wrote:

You didn't help shitlord.
Neither did you.
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
It's my post i'm not here to help ya bud. Take your toxic ass back to CS
7ambda
And it's my post that I'm posting. I'm not obliged to help ya bud.
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Hi i'm f1r3tar I lurk OSU! forums in hopes to find players that I can troll\flame because I have nothing better to do with my life. What's your goal post count?
7ambda
Calm down, why you pissing yourself angry right now?
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
oooo took you a minute on that reply. Truth sucks but you've definitely shown that it hit.
Topic Starter
sk8forlife51
Soooo 2k? 3k? What's your goal
7ambda
Well it's apparent that it "took a minute on that reply," since I could care less about what you think of me. Unlike you, I'm not gonna refresh and keep visiting the page every second, waiting for a reply from someone who is apparently more immature than me.

So no, I'm not gonna keep arguing with someone as hot-headed as yourself, since there's no point for me doing so.
Kyrari
Because AR 10 forces you to be a lot more aware to the upcoming circles so you're bound to be more reactive, though the moment you don't pay attention you're just gonna miss the circle.
While say with AR 8 you can see ahead on what pattern you're gonna click but the timing the clicks might not be as accurate compared to AR 10.
AR 9 is just comfortable in general imo, but the bpm of the song matters too on whether an AR is comfortable or not. An AR 9 on a 300bpm song might actually feel really slow compared to other lower bpm AR9.

Atleast that's how I see it accwise, I'm pretty sure most of my lower UR plays are from AR 10 maps and yet they're low accs because of OD 10.
Nattsun

sk8forlife51 wrote:

I don't really play ranked maps anymore. I only play OSU! for my jump speed. Most of my maps anymore consist of 7+ stars and are unranked.
Wow, you must be incredibly talented in this circle clicking game. AR10 top plays left and right, Big Black SS soon, rrtyui prepare your anus the prodigy is incoming.

^take this with a truck loaded with sarcasm

Seriously, you can't AR9, neither AR10, slow down and treat this game like a rhythm game. This game isn't about passing the hardest maps for maximum l33t/sw4g-points, it's about coming closer to the music and you only achieve this if you start at the bottom like everyone else, get rid of the "special snowflake" attitude and you'll slowly improve in an enjoyable pace that will lead you somewhere...

Skipping 10 stages of the game like you is just not the way the you should play the game and that's not the intention of any rhythm game. If you enjoy it that much I won't hold you back, but saying that you "can play" certain stuff when you obviously don't even know how to do triples is just blatant lying and triggers me.
Nattsun

sk8forlife51 wrote:

F1r3tar wrote:

You can trust F1r3tar when it comes to stuff like that. The secondbest semitroll on the forums who actually speaks the truth, and he is right once again.

Thing is, the community is sick of players who claim that they can do XY, skip stages in the game and wanna become the next Cookiezi in an eyeblink. Not implying you are one of them, but you belong into the same category.
NBPlayz
Personally I feel it's because you're more use to fast maps, take me for example. I played more fast paced maps and barely played slow ones, so when playing slow paced maps your high reaction time is use to going fast and not slow and doing less notes. Your muscle memories are tensed up and they're prepared for fast maps (since that's what they can remember mostly). But that's my personal thoughts on it, it may or may not be accurate. So I recommend doing fast and slow maps every now and then. Yes I know I'm being a hypocrite.