forum

please help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shreebo
i have a bad habit of thinking that i can complete a song, go for it, fail, and retry, and retry, and then i get mad at myself and retry even more, getting frustrated, and it makes my playing even worst, and when i say to retry and retry, i retry for several hours straight and i cant stop replaying because if i dont beat the map ill feel like shit afterwards and beat myself up for not beating a map, its really really frustrating, and im saying this because i recently just played this song 127 times [Extra] for nearly around 6-7 hours straight (check my profile) and its just really really frustrating and i just cant manage to enjoy the game, and i also still havent managed to beat the song
Sandy Hoey
Your going to have a real rough time if you are doing this at that level. You need to take a break. Whatever it takes to get you to turn off your computer and step out of the room, that needs to happen. I used to do the same thing, obsessively play a map (although not nearly on the same level as what you seem to have), but I had to stop myself from retrying. I now only play a map one or two times at the most before moving onto another one and I don't go back for a while. The best feeling is trying a map that I haven't played in a while and crushing it. That is what can happens when you give yourself a break.
Kazutakee
Another thing to point out is that you play insanely hard maps compared to your skill level. Judging from your top scores, I would assume that you are barely passing them and I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't complete Drop Granat [Extra]. IIRC the map has a small circle size and it can really be difficult for lower ranked players because of the small window to hit correctly.
Topic Starter
Shreebo

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Your going to have a real rough time if you are doing this at that level. You need to take a break. Whatever it takes to get you to turn off your computer and step out of the room, that needs to happen. I used to do the same thing, obsessively play a map (although not nearly on the same level as what you seem to have), but I had to stop myself from retrying. I now only play a map one or two times at the most before moving onto another one and I don't go back for a while. The best feeling is trying a map that I haven't played in a while and crushing it. That is what can happens when you give yourself a break.
Thanks, I have a hard time getting off osu as I've gotten very addicted, embarrassingly on weekends i sometimes even play it from morning to night, and just morally i feel worst as a person. But ill try to get out of my house.
Kyrari
You can try playing multiplayer games, great way of finding new maps and making sure you're not retrying.
JeromeTT
Your situation isn't nearly as bad as mine when I just started haha. Check out my most played...

My opinion is to download lots of different songs and just play through them.
asshool
I've been trying to pass a map, and I'm currently frustrated with a headache and cannot bring myself stop. I then google this great problem to see if anyone relates, and I see this. It's the same song, same difficulty. Freaking Drop - Granat [EXTRA] bs!
I truly do not feel alone anymore.
dung eater
focus on playing when you play, think about results or other things when you don't have circles to click

need to focus on the small things that make up whatever you want to do (aim and tapping are good things to focus on), just wanting to do things (pass a map) isn't very good use of your effort.

you should accept that how you play is the level at which you are. learn to know yourself better, accept how you are now. it's not something to get mad at, you just have to work with what you've got.