forum

tomppabeats - don't leave me this way

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ancelysia
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 8:56:49 PM

Artist: tomppabeats
Title: don't leave me this way
Tags: TheDuckMask iiOkward
BPM: 74.5
Filesize: 1938kb
Play Time: 00:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. apart. (1.46 stars, 62 notes)
  2. easy. (0.91 stars, 33 notes)
Download: tomppabeats - don't leave me this way
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

「i don't love you anymore... 
goodbye.」

SB collab with TheDuckMask and Celsius.
Hitsounded by Celsius.
Modders.
Est-
Renumi
KnightC0re
Ethan
i swear to god no matter how much i change apart.'s sliders, the sr never changes asdfghjkl;
Est-
Renumi

quickmod
[ez] i don't like the ncing every 2 beats since there's not a strong enough sound in the map that warrants such, i'd nc like one 00:13:062 (1) - here and one 00:16:283 (1) - here to mark pitch change keeping the other ones un nced

00:03:398 (1,1) - y you dont make this parallel but opt for making a parallel 00:09:840 (1) - here,, i'd make the parallel in the first two sliders since the second one starts on the same note as the first one, something that 00:09:840 (1) - doesn't do
00:16:283 (1,2) - blanket
00:19:505 (1,2) - above would look cleaner since you could also avoid this 00:19:505 (1,1) - overlap here but that's just super imo
00:28:364 (2,1) - unblanketed by a few
00:35:612 (1,1,1) - why do you suddenly start using straights when every other slider was a curve tho

i'd recommend if you were a bit more consistent when you use blankets, not in how they're formed or not blanket, just how you seem to blanket sliders whenever you feel like it, cause there are only two in the map rn with no real pattern as far as i can see (repetitive song man get with it unless you don't this is all my standpoint)
[]

[hh]
ar5 to bridge the gap
i feel as though you should've mapped the 1/3 guitar rhthm more since some notes don't fall on very strong beats but you do you >.<
keep in mind what isaid about the ncing in easy

00:51:317 (2,1) - watch out for this 1/4 stack since how you used it before is for blue ticks, might give some misinterpretation y'kno
00:54:941 - SPI NN E R FOR CONSI STEN C Y

not much to say about this diff really, i think you should focus on makking your sliders' aesthetics a bit neater though in the sense that some are more curved than others like 00:35:612 (1,1) - 00:32:391 (1,1) - 00:21:116 (1) - and 00:24:337 (1) - i might just be too picky but it's all imo

nice rhythm switch concept but i'll tell you know youre going to get a lot of comaplints for changing rhythm on such a repetitive song >>

[]

cute little map, both diffs handle rhythm well for the most part sorryy for lazymod but dfadsf
Topic Starter
Ancelysia

Est- wrote:

not foolin' me xdd

Renumi wrote:

quick mod
[ez] i don't like the ncing every 2 beats since there's not a strong enough sound in the map that warrants such, i'd nc like one 00:13:062 (1) - here and one 00:16:283 (1) - here to mark pitch change keeping the other ones un-nced Changed NC's.

00:03:398 (1,1) - y you dont make this parallel but opt for making a parallel 00:09:840 (1) - here,, i'd make the parallel in the first two sliders since the second one starts on the same note as the first one, something that 00:09:840 (1) - doesn't do Changed..?
00:16:283 (1,2) - blanket e.e
00:19:505 (1,2) - above would look cleaner since you could also avoid this 00:19:505 (1,1) - overlap here but that's just super imo
00:28:364 (2,1) - unblanketed by a few
00:35:612 (1,1,1) - why do you suddenly start using straights when every other slider was a curve tho

i'd recommend if you were a bit more consistent when you use blankets, not in how they're formed or not blanket, just how you seem to blanket sliders whenever you feel like it, cause there are only two in the map rn with no real pattern as far as i can see (repetitive song man get with it unless you don't this is all my standpoint) :/
[]

[hh]
ar5 to bridge the gap Changed AR6 to AR5.
i feel as though you should've mapped the 1/3 guitar rhythm more since some notes don't fall on very strong beats but you do you >.<
keep in mind what I said about the ncing in easy yep

00:51:317 (2,1) - watch out for this 1/4 stack since how you used it before is for blue ticks, might give some misinterpretation y'kno
00:54:941 - SPI NN E R FOR CONSI STEN C Y ok

not much to say about this diff really, i think you should focus on making your sliders' aesthetics a bit neater though in the sense that some are more curved than others like 00:35:612 (1,1) - 00:32:391 (1,1) - 00:21:116 (1) - and 00:24:337 (1) - i might just be too picky but it's all imo

nice rhythm switch concept but i'll tell you know youre going to get a lot of complaints for changing rhythm on such a repetitive song >>

[]

cute little map, both diffs handle rhythm well for the most part sorryy for lazy mod but dfadsf
Thank you for the mod!
KnightC0re
:3 mod

Hitsound
The bass drum is a bit loud... unfitting for the song

easy.
00:12:257(6) - It would be better if it's here
00:45:277(3) - I *might* be better like this (I'm not sure)

apart.
00:14:673(1) - The last node is unnecessary
00:21:116(1) - Here as well
00:32:189(2) - This is misplaced
00:43:465(2) - Same
Okay after seeing the map, I think they're intentional, but kinda unnecessary.
Also this diff is kinda just straight sliders everywhere, it's kinda plain and too repetitive(well I guess with a song like this I can't blame you)

I can't change much because this map is sorta rankable, but at the same time it's not really the best work, so... I'm not sure what I can do about it and I apologize. :o
Topic Starter
Ancelysia

KnightC0re wrote:

:3 mod

Hitsound
The bass drum is a bit loud... unfitting for the song If I find a hitsound that's better than the current one, I'll change it.

easy.
00:12:257(6) - It would be better if it's here v Agreed. Changed.
00:45:277(3) - I *might* be better like this (I'm not sure) v I'm keeping it how it is until more mods say I should fix it.

apart.
00:14:673(1) - The last node is unnecessary Fixed.
00:21:116(1) - Here as well Fixed.
00:32:189(2) - This is misplaced Oh jeez, didn't even know that was there..
00:43:465(2) - Same ^
Okay after seeing the map, I think they're intentional, but kinda unnecessary.
Also this diff is kinda just straight sliders everywhere, it's kinda plain and too repetitive(well I guess with a song like this I can't blame you) :/

I can't change much because this map is sorta rankable, but at the same time it's not really the best work, so... I'm not sure what I can do about it and I apologize. :o
Ethan
hey, a tomppabeats map that isn't the girl next door

easy
00:09:840 (5,7) - (7) seems to have a deeper curve than 5 (and every other slider for that matter)
00:16:283 (1,3) - same thing here, except it's the opposite. (1) has the deeper curve as seen in (7), but then with (3) it goes back to the curves that you were using for the beginning of the song up until (7).
00:19:505 (3,5) - i know (3) fades out in time for them to not really overlap, but it still exists and it triggers me it is a nazi suggestion so feel free to deny if you see fit
00:38:028 (6) - this goes off the screen, which may be confusing for new players

apart

just a general note, it's really weird how the song is in 1/3 time but the map uses 1/2 beats. i would imagine that you would use 1/3 snapping for a 1/3 song.

also, pretty much the entire first half or so of the song only uses red point sliders and no curves. i would suggest adding more smooth curves

00:50:109 (1) - this is just me, but i realllly don't like this slider because it just looks so ugly for a beautiful song like this

00:51:720 (1) - i would suggest making the curve stronger in this slider to blanket the previous note. maybe something like this

my sincere thanks for making a tomppabeats map that doesn't have three ranked versions of it already

good luck
Topic Starter
Ancelysia

Ethan wrote:

hey, a tomppabeats map that isn't the girl next door isn't that rare

easy
00:09:840 (5,7) - (7) seems to have a deeper curve than 5 (and every other slider for that matter) Fixed, hopefully it looks better.
00:16:283 (1,3) - same thing here, except it's the opposite. (1) has the deeper curve as seen in (7), but then with (3) it goes back to the curves that you were using for the beginning of the song up until (7). "Fixed, hopefully it looks better."
00:19:505 (3,5) - i know (3) fades out in time for them to not really overlap, but it still exists and it triggers me it is a nazi suggestion so feel free to deny if you see fit Ew... yeah, fixed that.
00:38:028 (6) - this goes off the screen, which may be confusing for new players Moved it so it's on screen.

apart

just a general note, it's really weird how the song is in 1/3 time but the map uses 1/2 beats. i would imagine that you would use 1/3 snapping for a 1/3 song. It syncs fine with 1/2 or 1/4.. I'll change if more mods say so.

also, pretty much the entire first half or so of the song only uses red point sliders and no curves. i would suggest adding more smooth curves

00:50:109 (1) - this is just me, but i really don't like this slider because it just looks so ugly for a beautiful song like this Changed the shape with some node movement, I think it looks better.

00:51:720 (1) - i would suggest making the curve stronger in this slider to blanket the previous note. maybe something like this Changed that

my sincere thanks for making a tomppabeats map that doesn't have three ranked versions of it already my pleasure LOL

good luck ty for the mod
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.